Overhaul & update the mobile phone script

TinPan

On 4/9/2021 at 9:37 AM, Morgan said:

I suggested this a long time ago and I'll make mention of it again: add normal and silence mode, meaning if somebody's phone is ringing, it should show a /ame on top of him since we'd be able to hear it unless he activates the silence mode. The phone would also buzz and vibrate when it receives a message. I made a longer suggestion about this months ago.

Phone ringing/buzzing - Archive - GTA World Forums - GTA V Heavy Roleplay Server

I agree with this post and what Morgan has posted. It would be great to hear some sort of noise or ringtone of a phone when someones phone is ringing and then a /ame to say that the persons phone is ringing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2021 at 9:31 PM, NickyW said:

Honestly as long as you add a block feature and offline texting I don’t care if the phone system stays otherwise identical 

Those two at the least would definitely be appreciated, but I still think that even then; there’s so much more that can be done with phones to make them an even more integral part of the server beyond the already important role that they play in daily player activities.

It’s just a case of whether or not any of the devs are willing to step up and try their hand at making a large overhaul like this that’ll benefit the entire server on a huge scale, or if we’ll just get more minor additions to the phone script that nobody will end up using & ultimately get stuck in a situation where nothing gets fixed/improved.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Survivalmaster said:

+1 Need! - Would be nice to see a different visual for each phone, I know an iPhone visual was made in this mod topic 🙂 

Love the iFruit model, though sadly we use RL phone brands so it would probably need to be modified a little.

I honestly just want to see different phones look different, instead of all being the same. I don't know much about how developing a game works, but isn't the phone system just a GUI with some scripts for the apps? Shouldn't be too hard to just hire a graphics designer to make some new icons for the different phones, change up the phone's look a bit. Just so that they're unique. 

• Upvote 1