911 Call Delay

xdthe

One of the worst suggestions by far. While I see your logic behind it, the suggestion won't benefit anyone at all. Most of the times when a 911 is called, by the time pd or SD are on the scene, people are gone. And from FDs perspective (yes, they're also part of the 911 thing), very often by the time we arrive which is usually no more than 2 or 3 minutes, victims have accepted death or have simply logged out as they cba waiting.

This suggestion brings more negativity than positivity IMO and will only benefit a rather small amount of illegal role players while negatively impacting the majority of the remaining players, including but not limited to PD, SD, and FD. It'd also impact the legally oriented players who are very often slapped in the face with poor robbery rp and by the time they call 911, the offender is gone. It's a small map with lots of places to hide immediately.

6 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

That's weird then, cause sometimes it does not even let me finish typing the address, the call disconnects and I hear the sirens not long after.

The 911 call does not send prior to you finishing the conversation(so when you hang up, call is sent). Units around the corner, heard shots? Sure, they'll pop up.

Edited by Massacre

Mm, OK.

No, I don’t see this being anywhere near practical honestly. You’ll have to take into account the consequences that’ll come by implementing such an idea.

• A more play-to-win stance (even if unintentional) towards the criminal roleplay scene; the whole world doesn’t revolve around criminal roleplay. I’m afraid such suggestion is an example of how most situations will thereafter lean towards constant easy and rapid executions of scenes before flying away.
  • I bet you there’ll be a topic posted within a few days after this gets implemented. Take this as an example: 
  • Take into consideration that not each 911 call is sourced from “illegal roleplay”. There’s a huge pot of other calls; spontaneous or brush fires, natural injuries - Bob falling down the stairs and breaking his ankle, MVAs, accidents &cetera. A rather slow-paced environment which no one really looks for.
  • Solve an issue, another one will pop up. You’ll have people queuing their 911 calls whenever they see something ‘suspicious’.
  • Easier getaways with foreseen precipitating events; a new “I have one minute till the police gets notified” mentality will shine and oh boy I assure you it will. 

Most previous replies highlight why this wouldn’t be an excellent idea to implement. There’ll be consequences and they will not be pleasant to most. A script-wise limitation, in my opinion, is just cutting corners and isn’t the “middle grounds” you’d be looking for.

Edited by Monster.
little fix
  • Thanks 2

Hell no, criminal RP'ers constantly complain how the PD has a play 2 win mentality, and this suggestion is basically trying to make the criminals always be in a win-win situation, 60 seconds and you can be on the complete other side of the city, which in LA will not be a thing, due to the sheer size and the amount of traffic. At least try to be equal, instead of just bashing PD/SD down to the ground.

@Monster.is also a good example why to not do this.

Edited by JeffMan3

Big no. While it is realistic for police response times to be in the 5-10 minute range, it just ain't it on GTA World.

We're aiming to create a balance and give both criminal RPers and LEO RPers a fair and equal shot at winning a situation. While IRL you'd be able to shoot up a block and get away before police arrive, there's almost always some sort of witnesses, evidence and CCTV footage, complex databases of possible suspects, including their past and affiliations and such, there's experienced detectives who work around the clock and have years of experience under their belt. You'd most likely get caught sooner or later.

Now imagine a situation on GTA World. You kill someone. Depending on the location, police response might already be in the 30 second -  minute range. Now add another minute to that. Let's suppose that someone calls the police (they don't always do it) - you have enough time to pick up all of the shell casings, change your outfit, get in your car and by the time police arrives, you've already made three friends in a bar in Sandy Shores. There's literally no trace you've ever been there, there's no CCTV footage, most likely no witnesses. We do have detectives but they can't do anything without evidence. There's nothing tying the suspect to the scene because it's GTA 5, not real life. The chance of ever being caught is basically 0. There's people out there who already do this kind of stuff and there's no record of them ever being involved in criminal activity.

GTA World is not Los Angeles. It's perfectly normal for police response to be short because of how small the map and travel times are, how most people are condensed in the same few areas, how there's a much higher ratio of LEOs to non-LEOs than in real life. Everything happens much faster on GTA World.

This suggestion is will not balance anything out but rather give criminals green light to do whatever and not get caught unless their actions are very, very, very reckless. It will just render detectives and 911 calls useless. Lots of calls we're responding to already are related to bodies being found and most shots fired calls are already long finished by the time PD gets there. Add a delay and there's no point in PD/SD responding to such calls anymore.

6 hours ago, Pathway said:

bro the entire map from paleto to the LS docks takes like 5/6 minutes to travel, and that's the response time for LAPD. So unless a cop is in paleto bay and drives all the way down they're not gonna have an accurate response time, 1 minute is a reasonable delay.

The same story goes for criminals.

That one extra minute allows you to get on the other side of the city.

Criminals already have an upper hand:

• Unless cops are close, they have no way to see what is being RPed. Though IRL you might spot someone in distress, in-game you can't spot the difference between someone talking and someone having a knife to their throat.
  • By the time the cops arrive on a 911 call, the criminals are already long gone. The only exception is if the cop is directly around the corner or if the criminal sticks around longer than he should have.
  • Most of the times that response times are quick is when there's already cops nearby seeing the situation & calling for additional units. When an officer calls for a unit, he usually gets priority over 911 calls. 911 calls sometimes take a second to get someone responding, but sometimes they take minutes as well.
6 hours ago, Illusive said:

Brilliant thinking, I would love for this to be implemented but the delay should be good enough around 5-10 minutes. People don't realize how much of a big issue it is for all the illegal RP'ers.

Hopefully the Devs consider this.

Go play cops and robbers if you want to get away with crime free. 1 minute is long, but 5-10 minutes is insanely stretching it. It's unrealistic & stupid, you'll be in Paleto Bay from LSIA by then.

Edited by BjornV

I'm against this completely.

It might be more realistic but illegal RP already seems to have a slight advantage and everytime I've had to call the cops, there's ALWAYS been a delay. I feel it would tip the balance even more on a system that already (I feel) needs work.

My two cents, popular or not.

• Wuhtah locked this topic
  • mj2002 unlocked this topic