Blood Indicators On Scenes

SULLI

@Barbie

Related to your post, you have brains and some resources PD can't access. It's simple as researching how to discover them and use them.

That's why and how USA has so many drugs/guns than come from other parts of the world using from and for the illegal world.

Then how criminal organizations still exist in 2021, considering how many tech and gadgets has the police nowadays.
The current problem isn't PD (which they have their problems ofc) but the illegal rpers who don't want to adapt, they want it easy and simple. Its why people get always caught ingame and in real life, because they won't adapt and try to use that grey matter which is free... No need to pay WP for that.

• Applaud 1

The fact that this suggestion turned from a pretty decent suggestion idea into literally being an argument and the classic ''law enforcement roleplayers are robocops'' just gives me an idea on how this is going to be on most suggestions around the topic, same as some previous ones which had to be closed by administrators but that is not specifically why I'm making my reply to here, just a thing I wanted to point out.

In terms of the suggestion, I think it's a good idea as it's being utilized already with /report, having it specifically done via a script would save everyone's time, especially an administrator who wouldn't be forced into having to deal with the report, giving him time to deal with other reports or just actually enjoying the server by going off admin duty to roleplay for a bit, I understand why some illegal roleplayers don't like this suggestion, but by reading some of the replies I almost feel as if my head was about to explode by people just simply assuming things that half of the time aren't true or just blatantly don't make any sense.

On the server, specifically in the South Central Area, the crime rate is basically through the roof at this point, MUCH higher than probably in the worse area of Compton in Los Angeles, so response times that are rather shorter from a realistic standpoint in my eyes and mind make complete sense, the simple argument is that if an area is notorious for people committing crime in it, police presence is going to be much higher then let's say in an area that is not that notorious for crimes being committed inside of it, just like a real-life city council, a board of police commissioners or chief of police would set, it's called active policing and showing police presence, basic use of force used to deter crime.

unknown.png

In terms of the severity of police response and the picture above, I feel like it's a bit misleading, at least the picture. Do you have all information about the situation? Do you know why they rolled up in such force? I don't think you have the complete picture, and I can tell you as somebody that was in the Police Department and is currently in the Sheriff's Department that neither of the law enforcement agencies just rolls around in BearCATS waiting for a situation to happen to just drop by to check it out or deploy METRO (SWAT/Crime Suppression) just for the hell of it. This is either a barricaded suspect, high priority/risk search/arrest warrant or the end of an armed pursuit, or the other multitude of reasons why the LSPD would have their METRO team deployed. Another reason why you might see large responses to Jamestown or the area around that is simply that we get a lot of calls, I can tell you that I'm there on-duty at least once every day that I'm on, if not twice or more, for calls ranging from ''my vehicle got stolen'' to ''there is a shootout happening'', and at least ninety percent of the time it's just a couple of radio cars down there to check it out, without any tactical elements involved. To say the last thing about the tactical deployments in the area, talking with my experience from Sheriff's, most search/arrest warrants in that area involve tactical elements simply because of the area, being shot at or hearing shots is something that happens rather often in that area, so LEOs want to come prepared, simply put.

If you are looking to shoot somebody possibly trying to kill them, do it somewhere where it's not easy to find. I'm sorry, but if you shoot somebody in Grove Circle at 700 server population, in broad daylight and are surprised that you have two cruisers pull up to you in a couple of seconds, then you have no right to point a finger at PD/SD and say that they are overpowered, it's the fact you did it in an absolutely obvious location and you are bound to get caught. The same goes for shooting up a compound, let's say Forum Drive, if you shoot it up there you just simply are asking to get caught, since you are doing it in a pretty busy area, and cannot blame anyone else or point fingers when you have twenty units there in a couple of minutes, simply put, do it in a way where it's not obvious that you are trying to kill somebody. There are so many ways you can go about killing somebody where we, law enforcement roleplayers, will not catch you. 

Lastly, the fact there are people pointing fingers at PD/SD saying that there are robocops in the factions and that we, LEO RPers, are not able to comment about issues that we see or make suggestions that we believe would make for an enjoyable experience, for both us and illegal roleplayers, is weird to me. I have had a decent amount of bad experiences with illegal roleplayers, some factions, and people on the server, but I don't take them to go around on illegal suggestions for the server, placing them down as a counter-argument against the party, sure, there are some people which don't properly roleplay their character, but it's on both sides, illegal and legal alike.

• Upvote 1
  • Jeff_ locked this topic

Okay gents, this is a suggestion not a post to bash both sides. Please keep this in mind when posting next time as you're not directly contributing to the post by saying PD is bad, as that's not what it was about. Not to mention we've reached almost 7 pages in less than 24 hours.

Topic will remain locked for now.

Edited by JeffMan3

I will be unlocking this suggestion again, I would like to remind everyone that is not a place to raise your concerns about the PD nor the SD, this a suggestion about adding blood indicators, nothing to directly correlate with the PD or SD. Please keep this in mind, when posting next, if the thread goes back to its old ways, it will be locked indefinitely, until looked at by a game developer.

Unlocked.

• Jeff_ unlocked this topic

This sounds great in theory but also could could cause a lot of imbalance. Yeah, it sounds like another tool for detectives and more fun rp for forensics. 

But for the rest, it could be damning. There are plenty of times that you could end up accused of something because you get shot in a crossfire, or get forced to shoot someone because they drew on you first and escalated something like a psycho. Now what? Your character catches a case/prison because they defended themselves from someone who makes throwaway DM characters back to back. 

The same problem exists now, if you get seen or caught with a gun matching the bullets/casings of a shootout. But it’ll be a lot more common if blood is added.

7 minutes ago, Havana said:

This sounds great in theory but also could could cause a lot of imbalance. Yeah, it sounds like another tool for detectives and more fun rp for forensics. 

But for the rest, it could be damning. There are plenty of times that you could end up accused of something because you get shot in a crossfire, or get forced to shoot someone because they drew on you first and escalated something like a psycho. Now what? Your character catches a case/prison because they defended themselves from someone who makes throwaway DM characters back to back. 

The same problem exists now, if you get seen or caught with a gun matching the bullets/casings of a shootout. But it’ll be a lot more common if blood is added.

It's how works in real life mate. Police will try to break you down to see if you are really guilty due they don't know what kind of person you are. Some people even ended in jail for crimes they didn't commited just by standing in the wrong place or because someone else put a gun in their stuff so they were going to jail due that. It opens some doors to illegals...

It's how works in real life and it's how it should work in the game.. You  could also get a lawyer for that... Even if you are splashed with blood, maybe if no cameras you could simply turn the tables and play the victim if you didn't had gun. Also the police has some kits for checking gunpowder residue... So if you didn't even shot a gun and the person got murdered by a shot... How they can prove than you are guilty... More than one person got out due that... In real life if you are involved within a crimen they will take you with them to the nearest police station. Sometimes as innocent you can go cuffed... In that aspect police in GTAW are more soft about that.

Blood can be counteracted by many ways and criminals often execute persons near their vehicles and they just go freely, when in real life the blood will splash within several directions, sometimes leaving small drops on the person who used the gun and vehicles.

Edited by Xaleya
1 hour ago, Havana said:

This wouldn't change anything in game and would not de-balance anything. If your character gets shot, his blood will still be there, no matter if there's a script saying it's there or not. Just as easily you can get PMd today if the blood on the scene would match your character. And for your example there, if you get deathmatched like that, it can be easily reported and voided if deemed deathmatch, and if not, your character can still fight it in court.

Edited by Rozi
41 minutes ago, Rozi said:

This wouldn't change anything in game and would not de-balance anything. If your character gets shot, his blood will still be there, no matter if there's a script saying it's there or not. Just as easily you can get PMd today if the blood on the scene would match your character. And for your example there, if you get deathmatched like that, it can be easily reported and voided if deemed deathmatch, and if not, your character can still fight it in court.

LEO are already heavily advantaged (EG: LEO can /frisk you by force, but if we rob someone they're not even obliged to /showitems). It will definently de-balance things even more than they currently area. For example, I RP my stash house not being my legal residence, but if what you want gets added PD will magically know where I live by checking based on a drop of blood they found. How is that realistic and/or fair?

42 minutes ago, Pathway said:

LEO are already heavily advantaged (EG: LEO can /frisk you by force, but if we rob someone they're not even obliged to /showitems). It will definently de-balance things even more than they currently area. For example, I RP my stash house not being my legal residence, but if what you want gets added PD will magically know where I live by checking based on a drop of blood they found. How is that realistic and/or fair?

Answering in private. Stay on topic please.

• Wuhtah locked this topic