ADD BACK THE OLD KAWAII

18Cowboys

The old Kawaii will not be returning. It should have never been added in the first place. It was a Forza Motorsport port. It had no LODS. It had issues. It did not belong on a server thats supposed to accomodate 500+ people. The concerns regarding subpar performance I can look at, and perhaps adjust, but the vehicle itself will be staying. 

The only reason it took this long to replace the Kawaii was the new version had not been made public until the day before the change.

Edited by Marksman
  • Applaud 1
9 hours ago, 18Cowboys said:

Short description: The new Kawaii is ugly

Detailed description: The new Kawaii is ugly

Commands to add: None

Items to add: The old Kawaii car

How would your suggestion improve the server? I don't know a single person that likes the new Kawaii in game. Lots think it's ugly and it doesn't really look like the old Kawaii. Love it or hate it, this car has been around for a long time and is one of the only vehicles that has a whole community around it. It's causing upset and refund requests on the server, making older players not like the new update.

Additional information: If the new Kawaii isn't deleted, add back the old one and name it the "Kawaii Retro" or something.

Reveal hidden contents

You will be missed

Ozon's Salute | Know Your Meme

20210121150837_1.jpg

I'll quote @Biscuit who gave a good reason (on the Kawaii discord) why a lot of the mod cars were changed:

So for those that want to know why high-poly cars (The Kawaii that got replaced) effect the server, it boils down to two things;

1. GTA V Limitations
2. RageMP Limitations.

GTA V Limitations comes down to streaming limitations by the game engine, if you overload it with details (high resolution textures and models), it'll start to panic, as an end result, it starts prioritizing the high-detailed cars and stops processing the low-detailed stuff, such as world textures, the end result is this; http://i.imgur.com/3Kqyl52.jpg (this does not matter what type of graphics card you have, I have a GTX 1080 Ti and I will have the same result as anyone else that has a GTX 1060 or worse -- it boils down to the game, not your computer)

RageMP Limitations work the same way in practice, but it also has to handle the streaming of players, their movements and god forbid if someone spawns a car anywhere with the same level of detail, to simplify, the server has something called streaming policies, every single one of these streaming policies has to be met within a single tick and there's about 64 ticks per second. (Hence the game being 64 bit). One of those policies handles textures, the issue starts when you combine GTA V limitations and tell RageMP to handle it, so if 1 person has this issue, RageMP has to handle it, this is not an issue it becomes an issue when 30+ people have the same issue and the server has to handle it. The end result? 20 people crashing at the same time.

So how do we fix it?
- RageMP 1.1 already addresses this issue, and whilst the handling isn't 100%, it's better then what we currently have.
- On the current version; Remove high-poly cars, all of them, if you remove 1 of them, it's not gonna fix the issue.

Moreover, future updates to GTAV & GTA:O will ruin and cause the old Kawaii mod to break the game as it will never be updated anymore. Not to mention it stood out like a donkey in a field full o' cars looks wise. It was bad mod, had issues.

I'll take the Optimizations to reduce FPS drops & Crashes over janky car mod that causes that.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
1 minute ago, Woona said:

No the car is fine is and doesn't look like a Miata rebadge.

This, but also like others have said; It's important for the server stability. LODs (Level of Detail) are supposed to be there so that when an object is further away, it lowers in graphical fidelity. Right now it doesn't do that. You're getting the full force of the model at any range.

1 minute ago, Kaz said:

This, but also like others have said; It's important for the server stability. LODs (Level of Detail) are supposed to be there so that when an object is further away, it lowers in graphical fidelity. Right now it doesn't do that. You're getting the full force of the model at any range.

With the new one? Cause the old version sorta did that.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic