Tasers [G]

I would prefer a /tackle script, but until that comes, I would actually support this. It's not even necessarily about "should secruity/etc" have tasers from a realism sense; fact is, there's actually no way to stop someone from running from you script-wise unless you have a taser. For random civilians, this is rarely an issue, but for security, it's sometimes necessary to stop someone moving non-lethally, especially if they're running around in a fistfight or something like that.

3 hours ago, Late said:

YES I agree for G6 and licensed gaurds who are ON DUTY at clubs and businesses, 100% this. 

2 hours ago, Sabess said:

I would prefer a /tackle script, but until that comes, I would actually support this. It's not even necessarily about "should secruity/etc" have tasers from a realism sense; fact is, there's actually no way to stop someone from running from you script-wise unless you have a taser. For random civilians, this is rarely an issue, but for security, it's sometimes necessary to stop someone moving non-lethally, especially if they're running around in a fistfight or something like that.

12 hours ago, Pillsbury said:

It's a great idea overall, but not something that is going to practically work for us.

If tasers are allowed to be spawned in and bought by regular people on the daily, it's going to be literally taser wars. There's also a lot of RP that comes with it, the taser model has unlimited ammo - however in real life, you really only carry 2-3 carts with you. I like the idea of the fact for guards to spawn it on a specific command, but not for everyone to walk around with. Before you know it, half of the server owns tasers and there just not effective anymore. 

This has me wondering if there's not a method by which we could limit the taser shots, or fiddle with the recharge rate to make it such that it would be impractical to use it in a manner apart from a single, well-placed shot.

I feel like that alone could make tasers more realistic and this suggestion much more palatable.

19 hours ago, Sixty said:

Civilians? No. Guards who are strictly on duty? I’d be okay with that, if it were script wise possible. 

This sounds like a good idea to me.

If ranged tazers are to be implemented they should have a scripted 2-shot limit before requiring a reload. (I think they should have one either way)

Melee tazers & pepper spray would be a good implementation.

18 hours ago, Pillsbury said:

It's a great idea overall, but not something that is going to practically work for us.

If tasers are allowed to be spawned in and bought by regular people on the daily, it's going to be literally taser wars. There's also a lot of RP that comes with it, the taser model has unlimited ammo - however in real life, you really only carry 2-3 carts with you. I like the idea of the fact for guards to spawn it on a specific command, but not for everyone to walk around with. Before you know it, half of the server owns tasers and there just not effective anymore. 

As many of us have suggested and agreed, ordinary civilians shouldn’t have access. It should however be open for discussion to be approved for security companies to have them through LFM strictly for use while on-duty as a security guard. Surely you could adjust the taser’s settings the way you adjust other weapons to address part of the other issues you mentioned.

Edited by Sixty