Make Damages Great Again:

Sam2

The idea of street doctors is pretty laughable unless they have access to an underground multi-million dollar trauma center.

You’re not going to survive three gunshots without a trauma center. Unless you’re insanely lucky and the bullets don’t pierce any internal veins, arteries, organs or enough tissue to cause internal hemorrhaging.

Beyond first aid, stitches and MAYBE fluid recovery, street “Doctors” couldn’t handle the majority of trauma related calls.

Oh unless its powergamed which is certainly possible.

On 1/25/2021 at 7:55 PM, Taina said:

This is an amazing suggestion.  +1 for sure.

One concern: There will be a lot  more people in need of medical services and as it is, the hospital is sometimes swamped with people needing treatment - and that's when medical staff is actively rp'ing at the hospital.

There might be some players who are left waiting an unacceptable amount of time for treatment (whether at a hospital or 'under the table') just because there's no medical staff online or otherwise available to help.

On 1/28/2021 at 7:44 AM, Rushing said:

One concern: There will be a lot  more people in need of medical services and as it is, the hospital is sometimes swamped with people needing treatment - and that's when medical staff is actively rp'ing at the hospital.

There might be some players who are left waiting an unacceptable amount of time for treatment (whether at a hospital or 'under the table') just because there's no medical staff online or otherwise available to help.

On 1/25/2021 at 11:55 AM, Taina said:

I think this could be addressed by introducing the system without having injuries save at first, so basically how it is now but with the script functionality to clear the injuries as said in the suggestion.  That way players would be more inclined to make their doctor characters and start roleplaying with the system in place so that by the time the suggestion was fully implemented, the support for it would be there and hopefully players wouldn't have to wait a long time for treatment.  You could also have an automated system for less severe but more common injuries, if that'd be feasible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This discussion requires more feedback before being forwarded to management, especially in light of this post;

On 1/26/2021 at 2:40 PM, KinnyWynny said:

Another thing to add to above, I should mention that even with our current and very flawed system, medical services are stretched insanely thin.

FD has dozen of calls an hour ranging from GSW’s to GSW’s, the hospital has to receive those injuries, and even during peak times it struggles to keep up with the demand.

Adding more persistent scripts that REQUIRE medical personnel is going to ruffle a lot of feathers, FD gets a lot of hate for missing calls, the reality is there’s just way too many calls localized in certain areas to ever keep up with demand.

The Hospital also only has a finite amount of members who arent on 24/7. I can see hate go their way for not treating enough injuries fast enough.

Medical roleplay is plagued by a massive line of violent trauma injuries, with very few non traumatic medical calls in between. A diabetic patient is practically a golden unicorn buried underneath a pile of gangbanger 9mm wounds. Do we really want to hit Med RP with another massive group of patients that’ll need their intervention /all/ the time?

Don’t get me wrong, on paper this is great. In reality as someone who does Medical roleplay, I fucking dread it. I get so bored of constant trauma calls. To the point when people accept death or avoid roleplay gunshots, I’m kinda ok with it? It frees me up to roleplay with people who WANT that medical roleplay.

If you’ve ever tried medical roleplay, you’ll probably understand the issue here. Imagine our current predicament times 10.

Also script interventions seem iffy. Med RP is roleplay, making it an RPG system of treatment seems problematic. But I can see it being cool. If it doesnt drain from the roleplay aspect. I’d rather apply a script bandage than emote it. The fun you get from medical roleplay is patient interaction. I just hope if this is implemented, the treatments are accurate.

This is actually a really interesting concept. One addition to the suggestion I'd like to add is allowing non 'supplier' street doctors to still perform the surgery but at a cost. 

Perhaps reduce max hp temporarily for the character. However reading the POV of FD people makes me iffy if this would actually perform well in reality. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic