What is LSPD's budget?

Legate

2 minutes ago, ????????? said:

why do people say extremely unrealistic representations of the crime rate in LA that happen in LS is just an IC issue that the gov should handle but when cops roll deep af with the blicky and the blicky stopper to protect themselves in an environment that has more gunfights than a western movie usually, topics like these get made? i dont understand that

This sums it up. People treat LS like it's Sinaloa and wonder where the MRAPs come from.

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

IMO, giving PD helicopter cameras was the biggest fail in the updates, just making PD extremely overpowered faction while illegal factions only have bikes. But, sadly, that's not the topic here.

Off-topic. Wildly, absolutely off-topic.

However, bikes are some of the most OP vehicles when it comes to pursuits. Unless you shot and killed someone before evading or shoot at police during the pursuit, police is going to hold off on pursuing you after a while in 99% of the cases.

7 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

Not all of 200+ members are online. There are inactive people. And PD/SD paychecks aren't like JSA (we get paycheck no matter if we log in game or not, because it's, in 90% of the cases, forum Roleplay). That's still not the point, people don't ask for excuses, they ask for explanations and solutions.

Most people have an ABAS of atleast 1.0 with some people going up to an ABAS of over 7. 

An abas of 2.8 is required to get 20 hours a week (7x2.8=~20)

Many people meet that 2.8 too. Not 200, but I'd say easily 80. I'm not going to verify that, though. Might be a lot higher and a lot lower.

4 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

And was PD ever in a situation when they ran out of money in their budget? No. Too much money.

Yes. 

Edited by BjornV

I don't get the purpose of this thread anymore. Is it to constantly nag about the usage of airships, or is it to actually answer the original poster's rhetoric? 

Regardless, I don't like the hypocritical viewpoints being asserted by some. Of which specifically the hyperbole ones. You're not productively contributing in any way by repeatedly paraphrasing another user over and over again, and quite frankly? I don't see anything coming of it, anyhow. 

On topic though, if it hasn't been pointed out enough by now; most, if not all official legal factions have a budget. As by now shown by many, it hasn't always been as much as people seem to think it is.

Edited by Eine
  • Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

Not all of 200+ members are online. There are inactive people. And PD/SD paychecks aren't like JSA (we get paycheck no matter if we log in game or not, because it's, in 90% of the cases, forum Roleplay). That's still not the point, people don't ask for excuses, they ask for explanations and solutions.

Didn't say it was an excuse. I know their budget. I handled their budget for the best part of a year. I'm telling you what it goes towards. 

1 minute ago, Selena said:

Didn't say it was an excuse. I know their budget. I handled their budget for the best part of a year. I'm telling you what it goes towards. 

Then here's the question, does PD spends the money only on gas for overpowered things they have (helicopters, planes, armored trucks, and whatnot), and if yes, why only gas (not including paychecks for members)? Is there anything that can be made that requires spending more money for using OP things like that? Because, spending $800 for gas to turn the helicopter on and fly around is NOTHING compared to the amount of money PD/SD have in their faction banks. If not, what are the expenses for using those OP things, and how big they are? What is monthly amount faction as PD/SD gets in their faction bank from the State? Will come up with more questions later probably.

Just now, .Pluto. said:

Then here's the question, does PD spends the money only on gas for overpowered things they have (helicopters, planes, armored trucks, and whatnot), and if yes, why only gas (not including paychecks for members)? Is there anything that can be made that requires spending more money for using OP things like that? Because, spending $800 for gas to turn the helicopter on and fly around is NOTHING compared to the amount of money PD/SD have in their faction banks. If not, what are the expenses for using those OP things, and how big they are? What is monthly amount faction as PD/SD gets in their faction bank from the State? Will come up with more questions later probably.

Literally all these questions have at least been answered once by different members of the LSPD command team and server administration.

1 minute ago, .Pluto. said:

I won't overstep my role, I'm no longer Faction Management.

The biggest expense for legal factions is paychecks. Considering most PD/SD receive between 20-30k weekly (afaik) and their amount of employees, it's not a small sum. The next second big expensive is interior mapping. Then it's fuel costs, which arent really that much in comparison with the others. Having a helicoper in the air for hours financially costs PD/SD nothing other than the funny fuel costs we pay. 

Again, biggest expense are paychecks.