What is LSPD's budget?

Legate

I don't really give a fuck about the helicopters myself, I'm just trying to get some answers on why it always feels like no matter who you are or what you've done you're treated like Sadam Hussein coming out of his bunker. So I opened up with the budget question because maybe a God like LSPD budget would give good ic justification to the usage of all these wicked gadgets and etc for things that don't really require it.

The one thing I do not like is the excessive usage of the helicopter. Never in real life will you see a police helicopter deployed for something like "there's a man in a car who might have drugs", or "there is a man in a car its suspected he has a firearm" unless said person shows any signs of evasion... Am I not correct?

1 minute ago, Captain said:

I don't really give a fuck about the helicopters myself, I'm just trying to get some answers on why it always feels like no matter who you are or what you've done you're treated like Sadam Hussein coming out of his bunker. So I opened up with the budget question because maybe a God like LSPD budget would give good ic justification to the usage of all these wicked gadgets and etc for things that don't really require it.

Reference to what I said in my post before.

13 minutes ago, liq said:

Here's where the LSSD's budget was vetted by the existing council at the time. The city government's faction bank is where funds are dispersed to entities such as the PD, SD, FD and more.

Whether it's realistic or not is beyond understanding. The counterparts used to portray these departments are billion dollar agencies. The LAPD is appropriated 1.2b yearly and they took a $150m cut this year. The LASD has a budget of 3.3b yearly, making it the biggest sheriff's department in the nation. If you put Chicago and New York aside they're the most funded local police departments you'll find.

Now without speaking for other people, both factions seek to portray themselves closely to what they're supposed to represent. The LSSD does this & what you see in game is simply portraying bits and pieces of humongous details, units, bureaus and sheriff's stations.

Missed this @ first. 
@liq @Jester. @Keane
So when you guys roleplay this stuff do you take into account the actual scale of the server? Because 1.2 billion to protect 3.99 million people in LA is not 1:1 with 2790162760123671802176207 billion to protect 600 players online. 

Edited by Captain
1 minute ago, cracked said:

The one thing I do not like is the excessive usage of the helicopter. Never in real life will you see a police helicopter deployed for something like "there's a man in a car who might have drugs", or "there is a man in a car its suspected he has a firearm" unless said person shows any signs of evasion... Am I not correct?

Even more extreme examples;

I had a woman come to my restaurant and say some racist remarks in character, I had her beat and then ran out of the store. What happens? She calls the police, the police come, helicopter, three to four squad cars, all for an assault call.

I understand that riding around in a helicopter is fun PD and SD friends, but there's a fine line when it comes to realism.

19 minutes ago, u10sil said:

Were those two 13 year olds wearing helmets? Air Division might have been conducting an TAHEO (Tactical Aerial Helmet Enforcement Operation). 

Or possibly shots were called in the area and a helicopter was circling over head. Or a dozen other things. 

In any case, both PD and SD have helicopters, so if that’s your gripe then that’s a discussion outside of PDs budget. 

You literally just came in here to refute every claim of possible mishandling of budget.

26 minutes ago, Keane said:

The two factions can't be compared when it comes to spending. Quite a lot of money in SD goes towards the faction expanding. By that I mean more vehicles as the faction grows and new interiors. We actually had to hold off on some new vehicles and new interiors in the jail and for SEB because we almost ran out of money. This is because the faction grew much faster than we predicted. 

Meanwhile with PD, they're already a lot more established in the sense that they already have the vast majority of mapped interiors they need and vehicles they need.

As said above, it has to be respected. Legal FM can only add funds if there is a bug. When SD was running out of money, we were told deal with it IC.

I never mentioned spending, I mentioned about similarity of their deep pockets. You guys spend the money on faction expanding? Your problem. FM did a good job by saying to you guys to deal with it ICly. My intention was to point out on similarities in the funds both factions are getting. 

3 minutes ago, Captain said:

IMO, giving PD helicopter cameras was the biggest fail in the updates, just making PD extremely overpowered faction while illegal factions only have bikes. But, sadly, that's not the topic here.

4 minutes ago, cracked said:

You're correct. As I said in the post earlier, helicopter cameras was a mistake, that's why it's being used. I can't even drive recklessly because I hear the helicopters above me all the time.

2 minutes ago, slick! said:

Even more extreme examples;

I had a woman come to my restaurant and say some racist remarks in character, I had her beat and then ran out of the store. What happens? She calls the police, the police come, helicopter, three to four squad cars, all for an assault call.

Crazy how that works huh?

• Upvote 1