Blaine County & It's portrayal (?)

marbella mondays

1 minute ago, Juicebox. said:

Then call me ignorant then what is the issue with roleplaying as a hick from the county? The original game creators, Rockstar, has characters in the area who talk with a certain draw to their accent that you don't find in the city... there's even multiple trailers half buried under the sand laying around Sandy.

This video was shown because apparently sandy shores was based off Desert Shores, but look at the video here and what sandy shores looks like ingame...

GTA V Sandy Shores helicopter - YouTube

The idea that we need to RP this like Desert Shores would just be silly, the design isn't even close to the same, I don't see a home here look nearly the same as it does in the video provided.

Well, to put it in simple terms? GTA Lore is a parody, Cok-O-Pops (COCK O POPS), Pisswasser (Piss and some other name). We simulate IRL, not GTA. 

Sandy Shores is based on several parts of the Salton Sea. Salton City being the main for houses, and Desert Shores for the welcome sign. There's

5+ parts of SS that directly replicated to SC irl.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

Well, to put it in simple terms? GTA Lore is a parody, Cok-O-Pops (COCK O POPS), Pisswasser (Piss and some other name). We simulate IRL, not GTA. 

Sandy Shores is based on several parts of the Salton Sea. Salton City being the main for houses, and Desert Shores for the welcome sign. There's

5+ parts of SS that directly replicated to SC irl.

It looks more like just Salton City to me and yeah I guess the sign of Desert Shores

Solar Panels in Salton City CA

This looks extremely similar to what we have currently. But why should we RP Salton City being ingame when we're Los Santos? I mean we have gangbangers running around in Vespucci so it's not like the city is any better in terms of matching up to reality.

• Applaud 1
1 minute ago, Juicebox. said:

It looks more like just Salton City to me and yeah I guess the sign of Desert Shores

Solar Panels in Salton City CA

This looks extremely similar to what we have currently. But why should we RP Salton City being ingame when we're Los Santos? I mean we have gangbangers running around in Vespucci so it's not like the city is any better in terms of matching up to reality.

Well, Venice irl is a ghetto honestly... coming from someone here, I can tell you a lot of LA places, even Hollywood is ridden with gangs. But we rp Southern Cali as a whole, Paleto is more like Fresno, whilst Grapeseed matches Grapevine and Bakersfield, etc.

Honestly pretty tired of people thinking that for an area to be a ghetto it has to be a complete shithole. Get on google maps street view and go to Koreatown. Looks like a regular ass area right? It’s the birth place of two of the largest and statistically most violent gangs in the entire world. But off of that people need to realize GTA is a parody of American culture, in the city there’s a bunch of self entitled hipsters, hippies, and drug addicted homeless people. 

Edited by Juicy
3 hours ago, Juicebox. said:

Then call me ignorant then what is the issue with roleplaying as a hick from the county? The original game creators, Rockstar, has characters in the area who talk with a certain draw to their accent that you don't find in the city... 

Man, I can't stand seeing this argument brought up over and over again. Please, stop.

Yes, Rockstar are the creators of the game.

Yet Rockstar isn't running this community. Rockstar wasn't creating the game as a platform for roleplayers. The entire universe Rockstar's going for is full of parody and caricature, but that doesn't mean that's what we're roleplaying here. We may settle for some things like street names and certain brands (like cars and their models), but we're not going for the satirical world that the GTA V universe is.

So yeah, Sandy Shores was created to embody the rundown redneck county concept, but that doesn't mean we're sticking with it.

Edited by yerro
2 hours ago, yerro said:

Man, I can't stand seeing this argument brought up over and over again. Please, stop.

Yes, Rockstar are the creators of the game.

Yet Rockstar isn't running this community. Rockstar wasn't creating the game as a platform for roleplayers. The entire universe Rockstar's going for is full of parody and caricature, but that doesn't mean that's what we're roleplaying here. We may settle for some things like street names and certain brands (like cars and their models), but we're not going for the satirical world that the GTA V universe is.

So yeah, Sandy Shores was created to embody the rundown redneck county concept, but that doesn't mean we're sticking with it.

Except a lot of people are and this thread comes OFF as a form of bashing towards people who roleplay this way(no disrespect to the OP).

10 hours ago, Juicebox. said:

I mean we have gangbangers running around in Vespucci so it's not like the city is any better in terms of matching up to reality.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1ul5yqMj7_JgM5xpfOn5gtlO-bTk&ll=34.003436171843916%2C-118.34328872160057&z=12

newsflash, LA is packed to the brim with street gangs, some of the gangs that exist in Venice aren't even on the map. There's even a gang in Hollywood literally on the same street that the Hollywood Walk of Fame is on. So yes, the city is alot better than blaine county in terms of matching up to reality.

14 hours ago, Seoul's Finest said:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1ul5yqMj7_JgM5xpfOn5gtlO-bTk&ll=34.003436171843916%2C-118.34328872160057&z=12

newsflash, LA is packed to the brim with street gangs, some of the gangs that exist in Venice aren't even on the map. There's even a gang in Hollywood literally on the same street that the Hollywood Walk of Fame is on. So yes, the city is alot better than blaine county in terms of matching up to reality.

We could go on for hours about that, like how Blaine has a far less lesbian population than the city has (which is probably around 80% of females). This isn't bashing, by the way, I am merely stating a fact.

Back to Blaine County;

Are there hicks and hillybillys? There sure are. Are they a minority of people in Blaine County? They sure are. In my time in Blaine County (about 3 weeks now) I've only encountered one or two people who speak like stereotypes, and I've met a lot of people. I think it's rather weird how the LSPD patrols in Blaine County.

Edited by ThatDutchPerson