Blaine County & It's portrayal (?)

marbella mondays

3 hours ago, Juicy said:

If people are allowed to RP being a hick because "It's not hurting anyone" then allow people to roleplay as a Norteno in the north.

Coming from someone who's applied for it and tried multiple times, that Norteno shit ain't never gonna happen on here. Closest thing you'll get is Bulldogs. besides "LS County" is literally the only county that officially exists. There isn't a Blaine County with it's own sd/pd department/corrections system so...but but back on-topic. Personally I've encountered certain people in Blaine County who speak like your typical , stockton-vallejo, palm-springs, orange county people and some people who speak like some southerners from gAlvEsTon TeXaS or some shit. 

Edited by MCB666

As someone born and raised in CA, and with a subtle southern draw, I can say this is a great discussion. However, misled. You can't just hand pick the description of a state with a very diverse populace.

Not agreeing with the country bumpkin roleplay, just saying there is plenty of country folks in the land of liberals.

Humboldt County, Weed, Fresno... Places where hunting, fishing, cooking dope and farming all prosper... There is more of the white trash redneck types than in most Southern states that I've worked and lived.

I'll just drop this here.. Its a single video with a list of 10 top redneck "sanctuaries".. pick one and do your research...

Edited by Alexandra_Forge
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2
On 12/15/2020 at 1:08 AM, eTaylor said:

All that “fer” stuff is stupid. I can’t take people who type like they serious. The second I see people type like that I typically avoid them like the plague. It’s grammatically wrong, it’s phonetic garbage. And it’s something people were doing on other servers. Really reminds me of CHC from nearly a decade ago. I speak with a southern accent, and I’ve never typed “fur’ yuak’auh ‘gueh’sue’nurrr fush’!”. It’s trash bag roleplay, you’re just as bad as a mallrat in the traditional sense. 

CHC wasn't even the end of it - Countryside Crackers did that shit too. It was fucking annoying and only stopped about two years ago.

One of my main issues with this whole idea is that on certain threads we say we aren't based off LA we're based on LS, then we say we need to need to portray Los Angeles and California.... before we make decisions we need to pick one. Are we LA or are we just simply LS? It can't be LS in one aspect and LA in another, pick one. If it's LS then there should be no problem with hicks being from the county.

1 minute ago, Juicebox. said:

One of my main issues with this whole idea is that on certain threads we say we aren't based off LA we're based on LS, then we say we need to need to portray Los Angeles and California.... before we make decisions we need to pick one. Are we LA or are we just simply LS? It can't be LS in one aspect and LA in another, pick one. If it's LS then there should be no problem with hicks being from the county.

As admins have confirmed, CA and LA don't exist. SA and LS directly replaced it:

SOURCE: (Month or so old)

unknown.png

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

As admins have confirmed, CA and LA don't exist. SA and LS directly replaced it:

SOURCE: (Month or so old)

unknown.png

Then call me ignorant then what is the issue with roleplaying as a hick from the county? The original game creators, Rockstar, has characters in the area who talk with a certain draw to their accent that you don't find in the city... 

This video was shown because apparently sandy shores was based off Desert Shores, but look at the video here and what sandy shores looks like ingame...

GTA V Sandy Shores helicopter - YouTube

The idea that we need to RP this like Desert Shores would just be silly, the design isn't even close to the same, I don't see a home here look nearly the same as it does in the video provided. there's even multiple trailers half buried under the sand laying around Sandy.

Edited by Juicebox.