"Cayo Perico" in GTA:W?

Beholder

Just now, Tempesto said:

Can't log in for the time being. How did the update go? Do we have a new island? What's the news?

Its not available by default, but technically it is possible to go there in Rage.

The performance and optimization is a little questionable.

The biggest concern is really how to organize a proper portrayal.

• Upvote 1

I think for the sake of realism and keeping the server structure when it comes to government, jurisdiction of agencies or agencies themselves, I don't really see a large reason on why it should be added. In my opinion it would end up being like Blaine County, underused and mostly underpopulated. Now, I'm not saying no quality RP or stuff like that happens inside the county, but everything mainly happens around Los Santos, which is fair and I don't think there is a particularly good way to fix this. If we wanted to keep it as Sheriff's jurisdiction, it would have to be some sort of station purely there or at least maintain a minimal amount of deputies on the island, if a new agency was created it would be underpopulated, thus not much would happen and it would kind of just be boring. I'm sure there is a way to fix all of this and make it work, but I just don't see the real benefit of adding this in, so yeah.

6 hours ago, DomThomson said:

I think for the sake of realism and keeping the server structure when it comes to government, jurisdiction of agencies or agencies themselves, I don't really see a large reason on why it should be added. In my opinion it would end up being like Blaine County, underused and mostly underpopulated. Now, I'm not saying no quality RP or stuff like that happens inside the county, but everything mainly happens around Los Santos, which is fair and I don't think there is a particularly good way to fix this. If we wanted to keep it as Sheriff's jurisdiction, it would have to be some sort of station purely there or at least maintain a minimal amount of deputies on the island, if a new agency was created it would be underpopulated, thus not much would happen and it would kind of just be boring. I'm sure there is a way to fix all of this and make it work, but I just don't see the real benefit of adding this in, so yeah.

It's a narco themed island, so I'd say a narco themed faction such as Grupo Garreta should hold it.

• Upvote 1

I mean RP wise it'd be great to have it for the drug suppliers to get the drugs from Cayo Perico but then again I don't see the point why would someone be connected to Cartel in that manner and actually be invited there to get drugs and smuggle then back. If Cartels are allowed then there would be some sense of implementing this island in use but other than working on this island I'd rather work on other illegal possibilities that could be introduced in the near future.

15 hours ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

It's a narco themed island, so I'd say a narco themed faction such as Grupo Garreta should hold it.

I understand, but if the island is as large and close to Los Santos as I believe it is, I don't think it would make a lot of sense if it was really controlled or helf by a cartel sort of faction, as if the island had population, government and emergency services would have to hold jurisdiction over it if it wasn't a completely private island, which once again, I don't believe completely makes sense.