What do you wanna see from gang RP?

Sixth

18 minutes ago, Homie said:

where you from? i've lived in LA for 2 years of my life and came across a bunch of gang members, to this day here in Vegas i still end up talking with one or two every once in a while

you can't generalize like you're doing, it ain't like this in real life but you probably don't know cause you're from europe or some shit

you'll come across dudes that dress like full blown cholos and youll come across dudes that wear skinny pants, there is no main rule about this, it's each to their own.

Let me say that I'm not from the States, nor am I familiar with the NA gang scene personally in any way as you may be. But lemme ask you this as well — do you think your examples are single, individual cases or common occurrence? Would you say these people stand out among their peers, or would you say they blend in?

I think it's more the former than the latter. Sure, you can have someone dressing the way they did in the 90s, but it doesn't change the fact that would stand out today. How applicable is that for different neighborhoods in LA? That's my point, I guess.

20 minutes ago, Homie said:

now, what i wanna see from gang roleplay? something new, ive seen it all already, the rarest thing to come across is a fictional set with fictional rules that will still provide you immersion and look realistic. 

I don't think I agree with that. Pursuing something new is generally a good thing, but pursuing something new for the sake of replacing the authentic old isn't exactly right. I would rather lean towards accurate and/or interesting representation. If you want to portray something and you have the necessary resources—well, people—to do the same, then by all means, feel free.

That being said, your argumentation reminds me of the same trend to pursue original concepts for no other reason than to appear original, rather than put your creative skills to good use in delivering the concept—something that plays a much bigger role.

35 minutes ago, Homie said:

where you from? i've lived in LA for 2 years of my life and came across a bunch of gang members, to this day here in Vegas i still end up talking with one or two every once in a while

born in daygo, got family in daygo that unfortunately still gang bangs since u asked brother but ill say the shit i know isn't flawless since we moved out a long time ago and i don't frequently keep in contact with that side so what uv seen might be different from what iv seen

35 minutes ago, Homie said:

and to gang roleplayers, know your shit, specially yall in those white supremacist factions, yall really make it look like a joke (no offense) but i can't take any of yall seriously

most of us came from LSRP, just dont be ashamed of browsing through the old faction/character threads and taking something out of it, there's always people that know what they're doing but for some reason this is lacking here

yea what i was getting at is how corny some of the shit looks compared to what LSRPs been able to achieve across the years. their forums has entire guides on how to portray an archetype properly, just look in player-created guides or faction guides and take pages from long standing factions like sm, wgs, ec, tgp, ptp, pen1 etc.

also shameless diss but la eme here is just weird asl in general but im not getting deeper n2 that cause i'll anger somebody lol

Edited by baby woo
20 minutes ago, yerro said:

Let me say that I'm not from the States, nor am I familiar with the NA gang scene personally in any way as you may be. But lemme ask you this as well — do you think your examples are single, individual cases or common occurrence? Would you say these people stand out among their peers, or would you say they blend in?

I think it's more the former than the latter. Sure, you can have someone dressing the way they did in the 90s, but it doesn't change the fact that would stand out today. How applicable is that for different neighborhoods in LA? That's my point, I guess.

I don't think I agree with that. Pursuing something new is generally a good thing, but pursuing something new for the sake of replacing the authentic old isn't exactly right. I would rather lean towards accurate and/or interesting representation. If you want to portray something and you have the necessary resources—well, people—to do the same, then by all means, feel free.

That being said, your argumentation reminds me of the same trend to pursue original concepts for no other reason than to appear original, rather than put your creative skills to good use in delivering the concept—something that plays a much bigger role.

common occurrence for sure, it's not really easy to speak about it because as i said there's no specific rule about it, but it's 100% common to see a full blown cholo and a "modern" dude banging the same set, it honestly depends on how you grew up, how your cousins dressed, how your idols dressed.

about you disagreeing with my opinion, i don't really care but i'll tell you this, i've just seen it all buddy. to attract someone like me into a faction it has to be something original, unique, if i want more of the same shit there's literally a thousand of factions out there that are doing the same old shit people been doing for years, the same old scripted roleplay, i don't fuck with that
i'm on the market for something i haven't experienced before. a fictional set with realistic rules, whatever, it needs to bring immersion. all that shit they be having out here is played out.

17 minutes ago, baby woo said:

yea what i was getting at is how corny some of the shit looks compared to what LSRPs been able to achieve across the years. their forums has entire guides on how to portray an archetype properly, just look in player-created guides or faction guides and take pages from long standing factions like sm, wgs, ec, tgp, ptp, pen1 etc.

also shameless diss but la eme here is just weird asl in general but im not getting deeper n2 that cause i'll anger somebody lol

im glad we share the same opinion cause that's exactly my point, looks like dudes left the standards back in LSRP when they came out here, it's almost disrespectful.

i catch myself looking at the faction thread and thinking, wow, theres not a single faction out here that looks good enough for me to join

maybe it's just because the server is still "new" and things will get better, but until then id rather be on my own

• Upvote 1

I completely agree w the last few posts on this thread. I've been goin on n on about the gang scene on here for years but nobody wants to listen. It feels like people want to differentiate themselves from LS:RP so bad they'll refuse to learn how to rp whatever they're portraying. From basic shit like what it means to be a gang banger as opposed to a gang member n how they act and operate to just speech and slang. GTA:W street gangs are the only place I've seen people drop apostrophes after every word since 2013. Not only that, I've seen people talk as if this was World of Worldcraft RP server, completely n utterly disconnected from reality. It's jarring to RP with someone n they talk like no human being would ever talk. I've seen good instances of slang being used but more often than not people go way too overboard n overuse Caló or just straight up spanish as if they got something to prove.

I feel like the gta:w gang scene needs to realize that they're doing something wrong n start accepting help, cause there's plenty of people out there willing to help em.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Homie said:

about you disagreeing with my opinion, i don't really care but i'll tell you this, i've just seen it all buddy. to attract someone like me into a faction it has to be something original, unique, if i want more of the same shit there's literally a thousand of factions out there that are doing the same old shit people been doing for years, the same old scripted roleplay, i don't fuck with that
i'm on the market for something i haven't experienced before. a fictional set with realistic rules, whatever, it needs to bring immersion. all that shit they be having out here is played out.

Well, lol, you don't have to care. Not sure why you had to specify that, it seems rather weird to me to start a discussion with "idc" but oh well.

I'm not familiar with gangs on this server, just to clarify that. I was addressing your pursuit of "original and unique experiences". While that does sound good, above you're coming across like you'd choose something for the sake of being original over realism and immersion. If that's not the case, sorry.

6 minutes ago, yerro said:

I'm not familiar with gangs on this server, just to clarify that. I was addressing your pursuit of "original and unique experiences". While that does sound good, above you're coming across like you'd choose something for the sake of being original over realism and immersion. If that's not the case, sorry.

that's not the case, read my shit again and you'll understand.

we're not going back and forth and im sorry if i offended you that's just the way i speak in person. 

you're clearly not familiar with gangs in this server, neither with gangs in LSRP, because if you was, you would understand that everything here is played out, just like i mentioned, there's lack of creativity here, the goal of a serious/respectable faction is not to be 1:1 with reality, the goal is to provide realism and immersion while being something unique.

what i said applies to everybody? of course not, for you that don't really have any experience with gangs everything is new and unique, for the majority of us it is not. and trust me there's nothing wrong with just being an average faction that is 1:1 with reality but even this is lacking here. 

the major issue is that when i browse thru the faction threads it almost makes me laugh because the knowledge we all earned from lsrp is not being applied here, these guys dont know what they're doing at all.

once again buddy it wasn't my intention to offend you and im sorry if i did, i hope you have a great day!

30 minutes ago, DeadPlaya said:

I completely agree w the last few posts on this thread. I've been goin on n on about the gang scene on here for years but nobody wants to listen. It feels like people want to differentiate themselves from LS:RP so bad they'll refuse to learn how to rp whatever they're portraying. From basic shit like what it means to be a gang banger as opposed to a gang member n how they act and operate to just speech and slang. GTA:W street gangs are the only place I've seen people drop apostrophes after every word since 2013. Not only that, I've seen people talk as if this was World of Worldcraft RP server, completely n utterly disconnected from reality. It's jarring to RP with someone n they talk like no human being would ever talk. I've seen good instances of slang being used but more often than not people go way too overboard n overuse Caló or just straight up spanish as if they got something to prove.

I feel like the gta:w gang scene needs to realize that they're doing something wrong n start accepting help, cause there's plenty of people out there willing to help em.

i wish i could express myself like you do, took the words out of my mouth

2 minutes ago, Homie said:

you're clearly not familiar with gangs in this server, neither with gangs in LSRP, because if you was, you would understand that everything here is played out, just like i mentioned, there's lack of creativity here, the goal of a serious/respectable faction is not to be 1:1 with reality, the goal is to provide realism and immersion while being something unique.

once again buddy it wasn't my intention to offend you and im sorry if i did, i hope you have a great day!

Oh no problem, I'm not familiar with gangs on this server, that's totally true. We gucci.

In a city like LA, there is less than 1 murder per day. I'd like people to actually RP some level of realism when it comes to the escalation of violence between gangs and an overall much lower level of player deaths.

Gang violence often has a reason, especially when it comes to murder.

Also, gangs don't often go across the opposite side of the city to just start violence, which is what I see gangbangers doing frequently when they get bored.

I realise that a lot of gang members aren't guilty of this, but it's extremely obvious and poor RP when it happens.

11 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

In a city like LA, there is less than 1 murder per day. I'd like people to actually RP some level of realism when it comes to the escalation of violence between gangs and an overall much lower level of player deaths.

Gang violence often has a reason, especially when it comes to murder.

Also, gangs don't often go across the opposite side of the city to just start violence, which is what I see gangbangers doing frequently when they get bored.

I realise that a lot of gang members aren't guilty of this, but it's extremely obvious and poor RP when it happens.

First of all, what? You mean to tell me that in LA, a city with over 1,000 gangs, there's only one murder per day?

Yes, gang violence generally has a reason. But you'd be quite shocked to know that the reasons are generally quite petty. People get killed simply for wearing the wrong letter on their hat, people even get shot because they happen to be affiliated with a gang that crossed out a rival gang's graffiti. Gang violence is typically very senseless and irrational. In fact, most gang wars in reality started over females.

Also, you can't just assume that gangs are going across the city to start violence, they might actually be looking for their enemies, some gangs have beef everywhere, even on other sides of the city. MS-13 for example is a Westside LA gang irl, but gangs from all over LA have beef and problems with them, even gangs from the southernmost parts of the city.

• Fenrir locked this topic