Server Rules: Questions and Answers

2 hours ago, DjoleK said:

Yes you do, rules state you don't need CCTV perms only inside of your residence, I'm talking about business. A few admins also confirmed this to me.

If you have video evidence of the person committing an action, you don't need OOC consent. I believe the rule is just to avoid a "he says, she says" situation in the case that it needs to be used.

On 1/25/2021 at 1:03 PM, slick! said:

If you have video evidence of the person committing an action, you don't need OOC consent. I believe the rule is just to avoid a "he says, she says" situation in the case that it needs to be used.

no, even if you have video evidence, you still need OOC consent to use the CCTV from both parties

19 minutes ago, joshua said:

no, even if you have video evidence, you still need OOC consent to use the CCTV from both parties

That's just not true. The whole point of the OOC consent is to keep a linear story when it comes to CCTV, you can't just disprove what happens in an actual video. It's to avoid a he says, she says type situation.

On 1/25/2021 at 11:28 AM, DjoleK said:

I was told by an admin that we're allowed to put a /cim in front of our store saying something along the lines of ‚‚By entering this store you give OOC consent for CCTV camera inside''
I just wish to double check this, is it true?

Bumping this.

On 1/28/2021 at 12:50 PM, DjoleK said:

I was told by an admin that we're allowed to put a /cim in front of our store saying something along the lines of ‚‚By entering this store you give OOC consent for CCTV camera inside''
I just wish to double check this, is it true?

There's no need for a cim. It's in the rules but I'll clarify it here - businesses and interiors of private residences are an exception to the rule of needing OOC consent to have/use CCTV footage. The only condition being, you need to have the cameras mapped inside the property so that they're visible to anyone that might be roleplaying there. 

57 minutes ago, jesscatXD said:

There's no need for a cim. It's in the rules but I'll clarify it here - businesses and interiors of private residences are an exception to the rule of needing OOC consent to have/use CCTV footage. The only condition being, you need to have the cameras mapped inside the property so that they're visible to anyone that might be roleplaying there. 

Sadly the same rules DO NOT apply to exterior, which is a shame. If it's mapped, physically there, it's there. As the current rule, allows anyone to deny CCTV, even if you have recorded video of incident & cameras are mapped outside.

Edited by Vash Baldeus

Are you allowed to demand CCTV permissions off people who enter private premises through RP? If you have video evidence of said altercation and it isn't public property? IE a scrapyard? 

Example through one of those fancy question marks at the entrance saying the area would be CCTV covered, and you give consent to it by entering the area?

3 hours ago, Mahiko said:

Are you allowed to demand CCTV permissions off people who enter private premises through RP? If you have video evidence of said altercation and it isn't public property? IE a scrapyard? 

Example through one of those fancy question marks at the entrance saying the area would be CCTV covered, and you give consent to it by entering the area?

At this time, no CCTV permissions are needed for private interiors only, not exteriors. Keep an eye out for updates though.

• Björk locked this topic
  • Björk unlocked this topic