Server Rules: Questions and Answers

1 hour ago, Rozi said:

With regards to the new dashcam rules, "Civilians with dashcams must have evidence of installing them, or have an item bought from an appropriate business in their vehicle's inventory at all times.". How will this be handled with vehicles like the Coil Raiden (Made after the Tesla Model S), which has the camera system and dash cam stuff from the factory?

Better question, where a Civilian obtains the object to be honest?

5 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Better question, where a Civilian obtains the object to be honest?

I bought a few dashcams from a pawn shop a while back. They were named after a real life brand. I don't see any custom goods computer stores around anymore but that would be a realistic place to buy them from.

1 hour ago, Rozi said:

With regards to the new dashcam rules, "Civilians with dashcams must have evidence of installing them, or have an item bought from an appropriate business in their vehicle's inventory at all times.". How will this be handled with vehicles like the Coil Raiden (Made after the Tesla Model S), which has the camera system and dash cam stuff from the factory?

I guess a better question would be does the Coil Raiden have the dash cam from factory? Because as far as I know even if it is modelled after a real life car it's not a Tesla Model S, it's a Coil Raiden, and is roleplayed as such.

Edited by icarusfeather
3 minutes ago, icarusfeather said:

I bought a few dashcams from a pawn shop a while back. They were named after a real life brand. I don't see any custom goods computer stores around anymore but that would be a realistic place to buy them from.

I guess a better question would be does the Coil Raiden have the dash cam from factory? Because as far as I know even if it is modelled after a real life car it's not a Tesla Model S, it's a Coil Raiden, and is roleplayed as such.

Well according to the wikipedia of the Raiden, "heavily based on the pre-facelift Tesla Model S". More about that, Coil's wiki page says "Coil appears to be based on Tesla, Inc. as its name is a reference to Nikola Tesla's Tesla Coil.". I see no reason why it wouldn't, since it's Coil is Tesla's equivalent in this universe.

5 hours ago, Rozi said:

The rule applies to all civilians, and thus all cars.

Question 1: CCTV

What if the exterior of a business has CCTV Cameras mapped and not from the vanilla game?

Then the CCTV only appears when business staff is online. Does that still count as ''there is CCTV, RP it and OOC consent not needed''?

Question 2: Californian Government sources

Is it allowed to state California Government sources? Nikki  is currently in a debate about where the energy within the state comes from. With the lack of an actual power plant, I'd assume most of our energy comes from the wind farm on steroids?

Reference below screenshot. @Tsarna

LtzjfDr.png

Edited by Nikki
1 hour ago, Nikki said:

Question 1: CCTV

What if the exterior of a business has CCTV Cameras mapped and not from the vanilla game?

Then the CCTV only appears when business staff is online. Does that still count as ''there is CCTV, RP it and OOC consent not needed''?

Question 2: Californian Government sources

Is it allowed to state California Government sources? Nikki  is currently in a debate about where the energy within the state comes from. With the lack of an actual power plant, I'd assume most of our energy comes from the wind farm on steroids?

Reference below screenshot. @Tsarna

LtzjfDr.png

I can only say - it is impossible in 2021, realistically, to run a state (where a large city like Los Santos is included) on wind, solar and hydro. This is just not possible. 

1 hour ago, DjoleK said:

Are dashcams removed in latest rule update or...?

No, they aren't removed in the latest update. They still exist.

Refer to.

For civilian dashcams, you need to roleplay installing such dashcams and there should be IC purchase of them. If the above did not happen, any dashcam evidence will be voided and will fall within the ambit of Powergaming.

Edited by Rohan.
  • Björk locked this topic
  • Björk unlocked this topic