Body descriptions when a player uses /acceptdeath.

joshua

Short description: Force players to input a description of their body when they use /acceptdeath.

Detailed description: I’d like a system for players to use acceptdeath, and be able to give a description of their body. Specific features of their body, visible injuries, possibly the cause of their death? When a player uses acceptdeath, they should get a window prompted on their screen (the new GUI every new feature has would work great), where they can input whatever details they’d like into the box, perhaps a character requirement to ensure people fill it out properly? And then you can put some text above their head, prompting them to use maybe /inspectbody which will show the description of the nearest body within a few feet of you?

Commands to add: /inspect | /inspectbody | /inspectcorpse

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server?: This will provide better RP for everyone, if you’ve ever stumbled across a random body, it’s odd, as there’s no way for you to know how they died. This will allow you to give more RP to anyone that sees the body, PD detectives will have more fun being able to see a body’s state, FD can go through more treatment RP, i just think it’d work better.

Additional information: I was also thinking about a suggestion like this but with the /setinjuries and /injuries command, which are super useful if you don’t know they exist! Maybe a text prompt in chat that says someone should set their injuries using /setinjuries and then amending the text above their head for people to use /damages AND /injuries on a downed player to get ALL the details. Let me know if you’d agree with that, too!

Super sorry if there’s any shit in here that doesn’t make sense, 2am and I’m tired but wanted to get this out before I forgot. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1

Absolutely vital for RP, when we arrive at scenes where they've accepted death we don't have their names to determine what the status of the body is like and currently just go by guess-work, it's not ideal and would make way better internal FD RP if we could actually see the status of the body, it would also actively discourage people using /acceptdeath which is an added bonus.

100% supported as, at times, players just /acceptdeath without any one being able to identify the body. They cannot even "PM" the deceased player as they had arrived to a scene of a dead body without an O.O.C. name above their head. It's a major improvement for the F.D. and even P.D.

57 minutes ago, Wirbelwind said:

Yes, please. Maybe a minimum character requirement so people don't just type "a" into the box and save it.

This and you have my full support. It is always weird how the body is just a ragdoll lol

• mj2002 locked this topic