An honest discussion about the upcoming election

Trupiano

On 7/20/2020 at 7:29 PM, Tsarna said:

Facts - you and your pals from IHI tried to make a Central Party, and you can not, because such party does not exist in the US. So I am not entirely sure, who is stubborn here? LFM tries to make it all work step by step, and new ideas will be implented. But what will not be, is some non-existant party, which is called the Central (a.k.a IHI/Italian) Party, and all the 22 businesses, or something similar, are going to vote for it. Sorry, that this has to be a bit realistic, not a popularity contest, where OOC PR relations and contacts in a Discord chat will make ya win. 

How about you don't talk about things you know nothing about and stop spreading false OOC rumors. IHI didn't get involved in anything political as a group and that's mainly because I refused to after seeing someone such as your character being involved with the political parties. With that being said, I do hope politics become a thing on the server and it needs to be well played out. And if you think for a moment that a corporation can just tell it's employees to vote for something? You clearly have never heard of "freedom of choice".

Edited by Martyn
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1
Just now, Scarecrow said:

I agree with the sentiment, however in the US political beliefs are a somewhat grey area in regards to employment.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/can-employers-discriminate-based-on-political-beliefs-or-affiliation.html

You might be right, I'm simply trying to express the fact that this specific individual in question is attempting to spread false rumors when he hasn't got the slightest clue and it may impact peoples opinion on us from an OOC stand point which is clearly not okay and comes dangerously close to a breach of the common courtesy rule. Keep your Illuminati conspiracy theories in character.

If legal (or even illegal) factions think that influencing the Mayor elections may be in their favour, it's inevitably going to happen. Let it be dealt with ICly though - such things undoubtedly happen IRL so we shouldn't stifle that part of roleplay. Lobbying is a widely-debated topic after all.

Still, as I said previously, I support the idea of both main parties needing their leadership to be vetted by LFM. Quality must be assured after all. They still have control of their party once they're in charge, as @HaveADreamhas already stated.

1 minute ago, Martyn said:

You might be right, I'm simply trying to express the fact that this specific individual in question is attempting to spread false rumors when he hasn't got the slightest clue and it may impact peoples opinion on us from an OOC stand point which is clearly not okay and comes dangerously close to a breach of the common courtesy rule. Keep your Illuminati conspiracy theories in character.

Oh I completely agree with you. Some of this topic has turned into a pseudo war of words. However, the specific issue of political affiliation and employment is definitely an interesting thing to consider in the grander scheme of RP and what it would suggest IG. As some states are at-will employers and such, just another facet of this whole political system.

On 7/20/2020 at 8:29 PM, Tsarna said:

Facts - you and your pals from IHI tried to make a Central Party, and you can not, because such party does not exist in the US. So I am not entirely sure, who is stubborn here? LFM tries to make it all work step by step, and new ideas will be implented. But what will not be, is some non-existant party, which is called the Central (a.k.a IHI/Italian) Party, and all the 22 businesses, or something similar, are going to vote for it. Sorry, that this has to be a bit realistic, not a popularity contest, where OOC PR relations and contacts in a Discord chat will make ya win. 

Alright, look buddy. You are super wrong here. Your judgement is based on what you ONLY saw on the forum threads. What is the association with my character, IHI and Italian mafia? Nothing, my character is a confidential informant against the Italian mob, and you think he will use it, that being 6-8 businesses to our advantage? You seriously lack major information. I won't even talk about the party stuff, because obviously, you are basing it only what you see on the forums and that's not even the 10 percent of it! And I feel really offended by how you decided to treat IHI and basically defame us in forums like this, by OOC means to shape an IC image. I feel really bad by how you decide to talk against us OOC'ly, even after we did exist for 6 months and have 150 members and helped many people to get on the RP train. Thank you for the digression though, I really do not hope it will happen again. If you have anything against IHI, I welcome it in my PM's but not here. This is election talk and not how bad IHI is.

Edited by Daylong
Im karen
  • Thanks 2
  • Applaud 1

I'd like to clarify some information, as individuals continuously refer to the "Democrat Party" as "Center Left". As a R.L. Political Scientist, I would like to inform every one that the Democrats are more "Center-Right" while the Republicans are "Right". The only exception, so far, has been "Bernie Sanders" and "Ocasio Cortez", whom are borderline "Social-Democrats" within the center/center-left region of the spectrum. Even then, their spectrum is hardly any where beyond the line in the MIDDLE of the political compass:

3IFZVZN.png

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, DLimit said:

I'd like to clarify some information, as individuals continuously refer to the "Democrat Party" as "Center Left". As a R.L. Political Scientist, I would like to inform every one that the Democrats are more "Center-Right" while the Republicans are "Right". The only exception, so far, has been "Bernie Sanders" and "Ocasio Cortez", whom are borderline "Social-Democrats" within the center/center-left region of the spectrum. Even then, their spectrum is hardly any where beyond the line in the MIDDLE of the political compass:

3IFZVZN.png

This is interesting tbf. Thanks for sharing. 

• mj2002 locked this topic