An honest discussion about the upcoming election

Trupiano

23 minutes ago, Tsarna said:

Facts - you and your pals from IHI tried to make a Central Party, and you can not, because such party does not exist in the US. So I am not entirely sure, who is stubborn here? LFM tries to make it all work step by step, and new ideas will be implented. But what will not be, is some non-existant party, which is called the Central (a.k.a IHI/Italian) Party, and all the 22 businesses, or something similar, are going to vote for it. Sorry, that this has to be a bit realistic, not a popularity contest, where OOC PR relations and contacts in a Discord chat will make ya win. 

First of all, I don't know where you get these IHI facts. I am no one to IHI. Second. Central party is an ideology and its program evolved around it. You know Obama is a good example of center/ center-left ideologies? Lastly...the server is placed in a fictional world. As long as people stop bitching about brands and actually read the party program, everything should be fine. Pitty the best people can do is plagiarize.

Edited by Gambler
2 hours ago, Gambler said:

First of all, I don't know where you get these IHI facts. I am no one to IHI. Second. Central party is an ideology and its program evolved around it. You know Obama is a good example of center/ center-left ideologies? Lastly...the server is placed in a fictional world. As long as people stop bitching about brands and actually read the party program, everything should be fine. Pitty the best people can do is plagiarize.

Fact - Barack Hussein Obama was part of Democrats and the Democratic Party. ?

3 hours ago, Memozzy said:

Voting is often an OOC popularity contest. There's little that can be done about it. I had figured my suggestion about citizenships would limit it (shameless plug) but after a second thought I'm not so sure it'd curb ooc popularity contest. But it'd be a start to limit random / unrealistic vote counting.

Yeah sadly I think the OOC popularity contest point is a difficult one to combat - most people let their OOC viewpoints dictate their character's actions when it comes to voting. Can't think of a workable solution to this other than for LFM to remind people that it's their characters who are voting, not them. 

On LSRP it often boiled down to the fact that the Mayor position, up until pretty late, held a lot of sway in the day-to-day running of the overall faction. However with there being a Chief Operations Officer here, the Gov can basically continue as normal and let the Mayor's Office deal with the actual political side of things. Essentially this means that people might get less highly-strung, OOCly, about who wins. This is because you're voting for someone based on their political viewpoints rather than their ability to manage the ins-and-outs of an entire faction - in other words - there's less hanging in the balance.

I think this is a good thing because after all, Gov needs to remain stable and operational no matter who the Mayor is. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Tsarna said:

Facts - you and your pals from IHI tried to make a Central Party, and you can not, because such party does not exist in the US. So I am not entirely sure, who is stubborn here? LFM tries to make it all work step by step, and new ideas will be implented. But what will not be, is some non-existant party, which is called the Central (a.k.a IHI/Italian) Party, and all the 22 businesses, or something similar, are going to vote for it. Sorry, that this has to be a bit realistic, not a popularity contest, where OOC PR relations and contacts in a Discord chat will make ya win. 

No offense pal, but you should be the last person to speak about realism and stubborness; you literally run a party on a completely-left wing platform at night, and in the day drove around in a racing car working in almost every bar that opened. Then above that, made "politicised" speeches at OOT with a vest and shorts.

Just now, Justitiae said:

No offense pal, but you should be the last person to speak about realism and stubborness; you literally run a party on a completely-left wing platform at night, and in the day drove around in a racing car working in almost every bar that opened. Then above that, made "politicised" speeches at OOT with a vest and shorts.

Oh, another one, who ran some Conservative Party, which is not part of US political system - and got donations from alts and so on. 
And how long are you going to whine about it? I made mistakes, learned from it. I am speaking about now, how it is good, that they want to start with two parties. So, get over it already, and relax - you won´t get nowhere near power anyways, ya like to corrupt what ya touch. 
If you keep bringing up a racing car (and you btw have no idea about the backstory of my character) and my outfit while making speeches, you are really on good grounds. Grow up and corrupt less, bro.

7 minutes ago, Gambler said:

Do you event know what center/center-left politics are man?

I am talking about US parties, so please, stop with that stuff. DM if you want to talk further - just stop already. You keep on yappering about non-sense. I don´t care what center/center-left politics is, what I care is that Obama was part of Democratic establishment - if you are for that politics, then join the Democratic Party and advocate for them: not make a party for it. Easy as that - and if people like them: you get in front of the party and run on it. Easy, or not?

Edit: I am not going to discuss the political views here: let us leave that IG or DM. Respectfully, Gambler - take it easy and do run for the chair of the Democrat Party, if you want to go with Obama-style.

Edited by Tsarna
15 minutes ago, Tsarna said:

I am talking about US parties, so please, stop with that stuff. DM if you want to talk further - just stop already. You keep on yappering about non-sense. I don´t care what center/center-left politics is, what I care is that Obama was part of Democratic establishment - if you are for that politics, then join the Democratic Party and advocate for them: not make a party for it. Easy as that - and if people like them: you get in front of the party and run on it. Easy, or not?

Man you quoted me? What do you mean take it on dms? You're defending a system where party leaders of the two parties are viewed as puppets of FM. If your vision doesn't match their vision, then you're out. You can't talk to me about realism of roleplay when the whole recruitment process is being done OOCly. And if you want to know, in this game we have fictional characters, of a fictional state, in a fictional game with fictional brands like Pisswasser. I have nothing against you, except the fact that you're pro this system. Next time you tell me to go in DMs don't quote me first.

Edit: No matter what we discuss IG, the IG character will never surpass its player knowledge.

Edited by Gambler
Just now, Gambler said:

Man you quoted me, what do you mean take it on dms? You're defending a system where party leaders of the two parties are viewed as puppets of FM. If you vision doesn't match their vision, then you're out. You can't talk to me about realism of roleplay when the whole recruitment process is being done OOCly. And if you want to know, in this game we have fictional characters, of a fictional state, in a fictional game with fictional brands like Pisswasser. I have nothing against you, except the fact that you're pro this system. Next time you tell me to go in DMs don't quote me first.

Okay, listen here, with due respect, lastly - you seem not quite understand it, what they are doing or not: they are not going to tell you, which political views you should EXACTLY have, when they are reflected in the real world. Left/center-left is a very wide spectrum, where you can move around, and this would fit the Democratic Party well, because they also have the moderate left, extreme left, et cetera. So-- if you want to make center/center-left policies - nobody won´t fight against you, from LFM also- BUT: they will tell you, if you bring right-wing politics into the Democratic Party, which is not THEIR platform, but the platform of the Republicans. You can not understand that, if they do not control it, then the following thing will happen:
1) It will be a popularity contest, where people will ask just others, what they want, and then include everything which is "LIKABLE" into their party program and that is that. If you are right/left, then You can not do that - and there have to be limitations, exactly for that reason. You can not run as a centrist, and pick and choose everything good from the left/right agendas and win. It ain´t working like that. And that is why LFM is keeping tabs on it, and Kudos to them.

Recruitment process is OOC for that exact reason I told ya - for realism sake. I would imagine, if they won´t control it, then there would be ten parties AT LEAST, what would run in this elections - one from K-Town, two from Davis/Strawberry, Italians with theirs, Russians with theirs, et cetera. And this is EXACTLTY the reason, why it has to be controlled, in certain extent. 

• mj2002 locked this topic