An honest discussion about the upcoming election

Trupiano

Just to steer this on topic, we are still looking for people to get involved in leading our political parties, the application to do so can be found here, if you have any interest at all in this, we would love to hear from you!

Legal Faction Management will try to get something up like a Q&A as we appreciate there was some confusion, just to clear one point up, executive/member applications are optional, the chosen party leader will have control and these applications will be sent to them, this was done so parties can start in the most possibly strongest position we can put them in and get straight onto the campaign. We are only deciding on party leaders at the moment, so if you're interested in leading either the Democrats or Republicans, and hopefully becoming the mayor, please send us your application!

If anyone has any questions you can forum PM me, Selena or Notbond for help.

Edited by HaveADream
  • Applaud 1
24 minutes ago, HaveADream said:

Just to steer this on topic, we are still looking for people to get involved in leading our political parties, the application to do so can be found here, if you have any interest at all in this, we would love to hear from you!

Legal Faction Management will try to get something up like a Q&A as we appreciate there was some confusion, just to clear one point up, executive/member applications are optional, the chosen party leader will have control and these applications will be sent to them, this was done so parties can start in the most possibly strongest position we can put them in and get straight onto the campaign. We are only deciding on party leaders at the moment, so if you're interested in leading either the Democrats or Republicans, and hopefully becoming the mayor, please send us your application!

If anyone has any questions you can forum PM me, Selena or Notbond for help.

Quick question, will these parties involve being an actual faction?

I'd like to help out for example, but my character is in PD so I can't be a part of another /f. 

13 minutes ago, Kassandra said:

Quick question, will these parties involve being an actual faction?

I'd like to help out for example, but my character is in PD so I can't be a part of another /f. 

They'll be an actual 'faction' although party members aren't obligated to be in it for that exact reason as far as I know. 

Edited by HaveADream
19 minutes ago, HaveADream said:

They'll be an actual 'faction' although party members aren't obligated to be in it for that exact reason as far as I know. 

Ah ok, so I can still be a member and help out, but I can't hold an executive role or the like?

Edited by Kassandra
On 7/16/2020 at 10:46 AM, Gambler said:

Okay man. You look convinced on your points. Keep believing what you want and telling yourself everything is okay the way it is. Keep telling the others that came up with this plan that they're doing a good job as well. It's so anti-productive. Do not incourage others into thinking they have a great idea. Like that one friend that tells you that you have a beautiful singing voice, and also tells you to go at Xfactor, then you become a meme.

I'm sure Legal Faction Management has the server's best interests at heart. There is no need to be so toxic.. I have faith Notbond & HaveADream know what they are doing, and if you feel some type of way that you won't become Mayor, then bring it up to Nervous. Have a wonderful blessed day ☺️

• Upvote 1
On 7/16/2020 at 10:35 AM, Tsarna said:

Fifth - I am not bashing your RP, but you went there and said it yaself at first "I would be bashing you". I am not Leader of GOP, and I bartend in Out of Towners only, which I own, so "Fake News". Government employee + doctor, leading doctor in a clinic: and that all in four months. Well, well - you are quite the fast one then, and yet you call me bad ?

This. I completely understand why Legal Faction Management are doing this, because whoever wins the elections will become the next Mayor and as such will need to have a realistic background and be expected to roleplay their position properly. If they fail to do so, they could ruin the entirety of legal roleplay.

On 7/18/2020 at 7:23 PM, QueenOfPizza said:

I'm sure Legal Faction Management has the server's best interests at heart. There is no need to be so toxic.. I have faith Notbond & HaveADream know what they are doing, and if you feel some type of way that you won't become Mayor, then bring it up to Nervous. Have a wonderful blessed day ☺️

Having best intent is admirable. Being stubborn about something that is wrong, is not.

18 hours ago, Gambler said:

Having best intent is admirable. Being stubborn about something that is wrong, is not.

Facts - you and your pals from IHI tried to make a Central Party, and you can not, because such party does not exist in the US. So I am not entirely sure, who is stubborn here? LFM tries to make it all work step by step, and new ideas will be implented. But what will not be, is some non-existant party, which is called the Central (a.k.a IHI/Italian) Party, and all the 22 businesses, or something similar, are going to vote for it. Sorry, that this has to be a bit realistic, not a popularity contest, where OOC PR relations and contacts in a Discord chat will make ya win. 

Voting is often an OOC popularity contest. There's little that can be done about it. I had figured my suggestion about citizenships would limit it (shameless plug) but after a second thought I'm not so sure it'd curb ooc popularity contest. But it'd be a start to limit random / unrealistic vote counting.

• mj2002 locked this topic