What business would you like to see?

Aellerix

The server thrives on the existence of businesses and, from my perspective, it's one of the best aspects of GTA World. The business that currently operate are doing great but, with very few exceptions, they are not necessarily unique. I am considering starting a business that people would enjoy role-playing with and the best way to know what this would be is to ask. So, what new kind of business would you want to see on the server?

A community recreation center. With a pool, spa, gym and basketball court. It'd be great in the more poverty stricken neighborhoods, as well as having programs like these neighborhoods usually have like a mentoring program where an older man takes up and mentors the youth to try and get them on the straight and narrow. That might not work too well though almost every underage character is simply created to go on a crime spree 24/7.

Arcades are great for all kinds of characters and friend groups but they dont seem to open very often so a few more scattered around the map might be beneficial.

If possible, maybe an indoor ice skating or roller skating rink, similar to the irl counterpart where they usually have a cafe inside also. 

More indoor sports. However that is done could be in a variety of ways but could work similarly to a gym where you have a coach available to teach soccer, basketball, tennis, etc, or perhaps more niche sports like an indoor skate park with a food place with it or a rock climbing centre. 

All depends on what is possible with the mapping as I haven't done it a lot myself but these are things that I would personally find interesting as they provide opportunities for friend groups of all ages other than sitting in a restaurant or drinking and in my time on the server I have never seen it happen.

25 minutes ago, Torlo said:

A community recreation center. With a pool, spa, gym and basketball court. It'd be great in the more poverty stricken neighborhoods, as well as having programs like these neighborhoods usually have like a mentoring program where an older man takes up and mentors the youth to try and get them on the straight and narrow. That might not work too well though almost every underage character is simply created to go on a crime spree 24/7.

Yeah, I did think about that, it was actually the reason why I even created my current character but then I looked into it and you're right, there aren't enough underage/homeless characters to make such a thing work. I know that someome tried, at some point, and it didn't work out. It would be amazing but I don't think that people would take it seriously.

15 minutes ago, Jax said:

Probably a racing scene, like a car derby inside of a interior, correctly RP'ed of course.
That would open up sponsors, people betting, big events. 

That is a great idea, I'll look into that.

15 minutes ago, kylefromcarlisle said:

Arcades are great for all kinds of characters and friend groups but they dont seem to open very often so a few more scattered around the map might be beneficial.

If possible, maybe an indoor ice skating or roller skating rink, similar to the irl counterpart where they usually have a cafe inside also. 

More indoor sports. However that is done could be in a variety of ways but could work similarly to a gym where you have a coach available to teach soccer, basketball, tennis, etc, or perhaps more niche sports like an indoor skate park with a food place with it or a rock climbing centre. 

All depends on what is possible with the mapping as I haven't done it a lot myself but these are things that I would personally find interesting as they provide opportunities for friend groups of all ages other than sitting in a restaurant or drinking and in my time on the server I have never seen it happen.

I'll look into that as well, maybe look for a sport that could actually be played (at least partially), instead of just role-played. That would work really well. Something aimed at groups of people, amazing.

1 minute ago, Beth said:

toby carvery

A franchise could also be a really cool addition to the server... ?

11 minutes ago, Aellerix said:

I'll look into that as well, maybe look for a sport that could actually be played (at least partially), instead of just role-played. That would work really well. Something aimed at groups of people, amazing.

I think if you can get a sport that can actually be played, that would be really great, but it is also really fun to just take advantage of /flipcoin and /roll too. The bowling businesses use this and I believe they are quite popular and when I visited I really enjoyed the competitive nature of it, even though it was entirely down to luck of the commands. Whatever you do, cant wait to see it. 

Edited by kylefromcarlisle
2 hours ago, kylefromcarlisle said:

I made an indoor skate-park but put people on a BMX and suddenly every single person RPly turns into Mat Hoffman doing 360s and backflips with zero character development, which lead to it getting closed due to the amount of deaths. It sucked but certain things the community just aren't ready for. 

spYs2yw.png

Edited by ashlyii
Just now, ashlyii said:

I made an indoor skate-park but put people on a BMX and suddenly every single person RPly turns into Matt Hoffman doing 360s and backflips with zero character development, which lead to it getting closed due to the amount of deaths. It sucked but certain things the community just aren't ready for. 

Yooo, that's a bomb ass build