Insurance rate raised for bad driving

Pillsbury

In my country when the price of the insurance goes up is due to your age, and use of it, if you are having accidents and you use the insurance in the end they end up raising the price, but here we can't use it like that for now due to rage sync.

I would recommend before this, create a driving license based on points, that there is a list of public penalties, for example, driving for more than 20mph than allowed by law, they can subtract you 3 points, and if you drive recklessly, you run away and break urban furniture, they take your license directly and you have to do a license recovery course taught by the PD every so often.

Also courses for recovery of a maximum of 6 points a month or every two months.

Edited by Jennie

Insurance doesn’t magically go up when you get damage. Insurance goes up when you use it, this only makes sense if insurance is something you can use to fix your car for free. Although I imagine that this would create an impractical and convoluted system. You’re better off starting a player owned insurance company to be honest.

Insurance is essentially used as road tax on this server, I don't think it does anything at all other than make you pay for it and get you fucked by the cops if you don't pay it. That being said, why should insurance rates rise like they would in real life, when insurance does not serve any function like it does in real life? Your rates go up, yes, but you pay it so that when you fuck your car in an accident, you're not completely fucked. Perhaps if insurance covered repairs, then this would be tolerable.

I like the idea. A lot of us barely to even never get a citation. What do we gain from it? Nothing besides the one idiot almost taking us out, as he is going with 120 mph through a city intersection. Luckily punishments have  been increased to work against that. All in support here.

I do like the idea. It sounds great on paper, and has a good likelihood to improve driving. However, why don't we look at the systems we already have in place? We have citations, license suspensions, vehicle impounding. The later two can last for multiple days. I find that losing access to your vehicle is much more annoying than a slight monetary loss, yet people seem to still drive recklessly. Therefore, I am not sure if a slight increase in insurance will solve the problem.

@Pillsbury @Brett

What about approaching it from a driver’s license point of view as well? Combat it from both ends. Create a point system based on the amount / severity of citations just like in real life that eventually add up to you permanently losing your driver’s license, making it hard to get around legally. It could be added to the existing system PD uses.  Sure, you can drive without one, but there’s always a risk. I’d even venture to say that you could combine it with your idea and make insurance rise based on the amount of points on your driver’s license, making it more expensive to purchase and maintain a vehicle. Insurance companies place huge weight on your driving history, so it makes perfect sense to do it that way. 

Edited by Chief
7 minutes ago, Chief said:

@Pillsbury @Brett

What about approaching it from a driver’s license point of view as well? Combat it from both ends. Create a point system based on the amount / severity of citations just like in real life that eventually add up to you permanently losing your driver’s license, making it hard to get around legally. It could be added to the existing system PD uses.  Sure, you can drive without one, but there’s always a risk. I’d even venture to say that you could combine it with your idea and make insurance rise based on the amount of points on your driver’s license, making it more expensive to purchase and maintain a vehicle. Insurance companies place huge weight on your driving history, so it makes perfect sense to do it that way. 

I like this one.

12 minutes ago, Chief said:

@Pillsbury @Brett

Supporting the main topic's suggestion and this as well.

• mj2002 locked this topic