The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

1 hour ago, Biscuit said:

This is entirely an IC issue - No, no it isn't, as I quote from before: "Most of the rage towards Gruppe 6 is fueled by OOC information (an old video being reposted as a meme) and people simply metagame that into their own knowledge as-if they were there to recall the event and as a result".

Do you have any factual evidence of this?

Gruppe 6 has a horrible reputation IC, there have been news articles about them, none of which are very flattering. Filing defamation lawsuits against your competitors doesn't really help the publics view of you either. Regardless of all of that, if I'm a cop and a private security company shows up to one of my calls? Yeah I'm not really going to be thrilled to see them and if they try to insert themselves into my call I'm gonna take them down a peg or two.

4 minutes ago, Henning said:

Do you have any factual evidence of this?

Gruppe 6 has a horrible reputation IC, there have been news articles about them, none of which are very flattering. Filing defamation lawsuits against your competitors doesn't really help the publics view of you either. Regardless of all of that, if I'm a cop and a private security company shows up to one of my calls? Yeah I'm not really going to be thrilled to see them and if they try to insert themselves into my call I'm gonna take them down a peg or two.

Yes, scroll up.

All of those examples are people starting OOC lies about G6 and their handling of the situation that I KNEW FOR A FACT would be brought up when I made the post.

5 minutes ago, Henning said:

Filing defamation lawsuits against your competitors doesn't really help the publics view of you either.

This is the first time I hear anyone complaining about this issue, so props to you on this one, I'll give you the credit on this and let it linger over whilst I do some research on this topic.

8 minutes ago, Henning said:

there have been news articles about them, none of which are very flattering.

ah yes, i've forgot, I've been interviewed by the media once with my G6 character in an attempt to defend the police, only for the interviewer to then take my words out of context and post an article seeming like an attack on the police, need evidence? I'll send it to you if you want it. You know what I call this? Fake news.

6 minutes ago, Henning said:

if I'm a cop and a private security company shows up to one of my calls? Yeah I'm not really going to be thrilled to see them and if they try to insert themselves into my call I'm gonna take them down a peg or two.

This has not happened, ever. People claim it has, but nobody has ever presented evidence of this happening. The only time this HAS happened was when the client called US directly and WE informed the police AFTERWARDS whilst responding to the scene, the officers got there first and the security officers later, to which, all of these incidents never resulted in the security officers EVER obstructing with officers.

Infact, whilst we are on this matter, I guess I can bring up something that has recently really bothered me. A trucking company was recently involved in an armed robbery and shooting to which the workers directly contacted us and asked us to come there, police were already on scene, so we remained there in case the police had any questions for us and for general security of the property. INSTEAD of the officers instructing the security officers to leave (which they would've), they harassed the security officers for 15 minutes about their response, uniforms and simply for being there. Mind you, we are by contract required to respond on the scene and stay on the scene unless the police tell us to leave, which never happened at that scene.

Want evidence for any of my claims? PM me, I don't publicly submit this evidence so I don't "put people in the spotlight" the same way as people put our faction "on the spotlight".

1 minute ago, RoamPT said:

This isn't the topic for this G6 vs LSPD. Like always you have an issue there are other means to address them. Reach out to FM if you have evidence of this OOC hatred taken ICly. Other than that don't put the whole LSPD under the same umbrella.

FM directed me to post on this topic to get the general consensus of the LSPD.

2 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

What did this have to do with the LSPD..?

Read this, unsure why people are trying to lie about G6, but I'm just defending our image as a direct response and it's derailing the post as a result:

1 hour ago, Biscuit said:

Hello! Reviving an old thread!

As a bit of a backstory, I am actively working as a Gruppe 6 PR Officer and have taken the task to attempt to repair relations between the LSPD and the LSSD. 

Recently, the LSPD (not to be confused with the LSSD) has made me literally hate my job and as a result I hate even going on my character as about 80% of the interactions I've had with LSPD Officers ended up with harassment towards me as a Gruppe 6 Member. And whilst people tell me all the time it is an "IC" issue, it simply is not.

Most of the rage towards Gruppe 6 is fueled by OOC information (an old video being reposted as a meme) and people simply metagame that into their own knowledge as-if they were there to recall the event and as a result, it only damages relations between Gruppe 6 and LSPD even further. It's gotten to a point where officers are plain and simple harassing us cause we respond to our client calling us onto their property which we are obligated by contract to do. And instead of the officers doing their job, they wasted 15 minutes harassing our security officers.

My question is simple; What do you want us to do?

Before you respond, here's some typical responses I get:

Stop acting like cops - Provide me with EVIDENCE of such an incident even occurring before even giving me this response, and before you accuse us, I heavily suggest actually doing a bit of research on what we do.

Disband your faction - Sure, but in return, I'd like to see an LSPD Division dedicated to providing club security, mounting security cameras, conducting Cash-in-Transit and checking properties for unlocked doors.

This is entirely an IC issue - No, no it isn't, as I quote from before: "Most of the rage towards Gruppe 6 is fueled by OOC information (an old video being reposted as a meme) and people simply metagame that into their own knowledge as-if they were there to recall the event and as a result".

Give the LSPD a nice gift :3 - Done, it ended up being thrown into a bush in front of the Police Department.

I'll actively be following the thread of this discussion, feel free to tag me with further questions or arguments.

2 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

Yes, scroll up.

All of those examples are people starting OOC lies about G6 and their handling of the situation that I KNEW FOR A FACT would be brought up when I made the post.

Your faction leader saying "this is what happened" isn't evidence that people are MGing the situation lmao.

PD not liking or being nice to a rent a cop company is perfectly acceptable and makes perfect sense IC. Sorry buddy, Gruppe 6 has a horrible reputation IC but as the PR director you have the very hard task of changing that yet instead of tackling it IG you've decided to claim an entire 200 person faction is MGing all your factions fuck ups and being unfair just because they don't like you.

14 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

Infact, whilst we are on this matter, I guess I can bring up something that has recently really bothered me. A trucking company was recently involved in an armed robbery and shooting to which the workers directly contacted us and asked us to come there, police were already on scene, so we remained there in case the police had any questions for us and for general security of the property. INSTEAD of the officers instructing the security officers to leave (which they would've), they harassed the security officers for 15 minutes about their response, uniforms and simply for being there. Mind you, we are by contract required to respond on the scene and stay on the scene unless the police tell us to leave, which never happened at that scene.

Ok? This is a perfectly fine response IC on their end. You seem to be crying foul just because you don't like the way PD treats your character IC.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

Read this, unsure why people are trying to lie about G6, but I'm just defending our image as a direct response and it's derailing the post as a result:

I have no idea why you’re taking your IC job OOC. This thread is for the LSPD, make your own? This is a really bad look. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Henning said:

PD not liking or being nice to a rent a cop company is perfectly acceptable and makes perfect sense IC. Sorry buddy, Gruppe 6 has a horrible reputation IC but as the PR director you have the very hard task of changing that yet instead of tackling it IG you've decided to claim an entire 200 person faction is MGing all your factions fuck ups and being unfair just because they don't like you.

Yes, here's why;

Yesterday, a "meme" was posted in the LSPD memes channel and somehow it became IC knowledge with two officers asking my character it directly? This has been forwarded as a complaint already.

2 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

I have no idea why you’re taking your IC job OOC. This thread is for the LSPD, make your own? This is a really bad look. 

It's because you guys take shit from the #memes channel and use it as IC knownledge.

5 minutes ago, Henning said:

Ok? This is a perfectly fine response IC on their end. You seem to be crying foul just because you don't like the way PD treats your character IC.

Cops have NO reason to hate us, nobody can quote me one.

• Wuhtah locked this topic
  • mj2002 unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic