Making Gun Shot Wound roleplay more enjoyable - but how?

Cobra

Just now, Captain said:

It’s probably some of the most boring roleplay, you cant move, you can’t turn your camera to look around, you’re being asked questions that you generally don’t know the realistic answer to. On top of that it’s pretty demoralizing to be on the side of the road for hours when you know damn well you would have died by now. The roleplay never feels like wow these guys are trying to save our life and this is the priority. It’s just not interesting at all if it’s something regular like a GSW.  & Like I said above if you were shot you probably have been roleplaying for a while and that’s how it turned out. Typically that’s the end of the roleplay and the people who were involved are already fatigued.

This just strengthens our point. "People who were involved are already fatigued" says it all to me.

So people tab out and ignore us on scene all the time, this is why scenes take so long. 

Also remember that this isn't VC and not everyone can type at God speed, this factors into the time spent on scenes too. 

As for the asking questions you wouldn't realistically know the answer to. People who RP these gang bangers should do some research into GSWs as it'll most like happen to them. I'm not talking about getting a degree in it, I'm on about the basic symptoms and what happens to your body when you've been shot. This is the BASICS we ask.

Just now, Captain said:

It’s not fun for both parties we’ve established that. There needs to be a way to simplify the roleplay for both sides in a way that doesn’t take from the quality but doesn’t drag on forever to the point where already fatigued players are just tabbing out with their stuck cameras and inability to even do animations.

No, no, don't get confused. Medical RP is fun, that's why we're bloody in FD. 

What's not fun, is people taking forever to reply and not engaging in the RP. 

I can't speak for everyone, but I honestly had a blast RP-ing around FD every scenario I had. My character was engaged in a shootout defending himself and was shot in the arm. I had medics arrive and they engaged in full on roleplay. Best thing about being shot RP-ly is, there's loads of room to develop and engage with FD. How will my character react after he's treated? Will he be more cautious? Paranoid? Will he hate the fact he's got a nasty scar?

The medics came on the scene and asked about injuries, they were given an answer and they got to work. The two medics on scene were Piper Robinson and Leilani Morikawa. They were fully engaged in the RP and so was I. The roleplay was fun, didn't take as long. It took 30-45 minutes most I'd say. The roleplay was excellent.

In all honesty, I don't think FD deserves a lot of the shit it gets. I've been in their shoes before and 80% of the community doesn't want to engage in medical roleplay after getting shot. It's sad but it's true. People that enjoy medical roleplay will always put in effort, and people that don't unfortunately won't and I doubt we can change that.

People that get shot fail to see how much room there is to develop, both around FD and the actual GSW itself and the days following it, but unfortunately people just want to get treated and dip to do other RP, which is kinda sad. I can't blame FD for being demotivated when half of the community wants the medical roleplay to be sped up.

You're on a heavy roleplay server, act it. I don't complain when traffic stops take ages, cause it's still roleplay, and you can't hurry it up. Same should be done about medical RP. It's roleplay, and you're on a heavy RP server. Act like it.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, JustAnM43 said:

I can't speak for everyone, but I honestly had a blast RP-ing around FD every scenario I had. My character was engaged in a shootout defending himself and was shot in the arm. I had medics arrive and they engaged in full on roleplay. Best thing about being shot RP-ly is, there's loads of room to develop and engage with FD. How will my character react after he's treated? Will he be more cautious? Paranoid? Will he hate the fact he's got a nasty scar?

The medics came on the scene and asked about injuries, they were given an answer and they got to work. The two medics on scene were Piper Robinson and Leilani Morikawa. They were fully engaged in the RP and so was I. The roleplay was fun, didn't take as long. It took 30-45 minutes most I'd say. The roleplay was excellent.

In all honesty, I don't think FD deserves a lot of the shit it gets. I've been in their shoes before and 80% of the community doesn't want to engage in medical roleplay after getting shot. It's sad but it's true. People that enjoy medical roleplay will always put in effort, and people that don't unfortunately won't and I doubt we can change that.

People that get shot fail to see how much room there is to develop, both around FD and the actual GSW itself and the days following it, but unfortunately people just want to get treated and dip to do other RP, which is kinda sad. I can't blame FD for being demotivated when half of the community wants the medical roleplay to be sped up.

You're on a heavy roleplay server, act it. I don't complain when traffic stops take ages, cause it's still roleplay, and you can't hurry it up. Same should be done about medical RP. It's roleplay, and you're on a heavy RP server. Act like it.

Alright don't make me cry, thank you for sharing that. I'll make sure the two medics see this too. 

From what I remember during my FD days in a popular samp server, it generally took from ten to twenty minutes to conclude a GSW scene and transport. You don't need a long time to evaluate danger, responsiveness of your patient, circulation, check the airways & breathing, aaand then slap on a trauma dressing or two. A tourniquet if the GSW is on a limb and absolutely necessary.

All of this takes 15 minutes tops. I'm not sure how different things are here when at least the BLS guide is taken from the other server's FD forums. If you're bringing intravenous therapy into the mix, add an additional 3-5 minutes. 

The only issue here is that people stall the scene on purpose by either tabbing out or just not paying attention in general, although that's easy to shrug off. Whenever someone ignored my questions back then, I just moved on. 

It's something you have to live with: not everyone's going to appreciate your roleplay, no matter how good or detailed it is, although there will always be some solid people out there who'll appreciate every second of your efforts. 

Tldr: let FD do their job, answer their simple questions about vitals and injuries and you're not going to stay there for longer than 20 minutes. It's your own fault if you end up as the patient on scene for an hour or more.

• Applaud 1
4 minutes ago, Captain said:

I love FD don’t get me wrong but there’s definitely a disconnect between the victim & the EMT. 

The disconnect is people thinking we are a taxi service, and certain staff members’ views make me think this issue goes beyond the player base. 

You even said it yourself, sometimes you guys avoid certain calls because it’s not fun lol, we obviously need to find a way to make it more enjoyable for both parties then. You can sit here & say OH WERE NOT A TAXI SERVICE but that’s not gonna change shit big dog. 

Edited by Captain

I don't want to trigger anybody but don't you get that the medics are basically patching someone up until they are stable enough to be transported ASAP? While it is not a taxi server, everyone should aim to get a patient out of the street to a hospital as soon as possible. So yes, it is a pick-up and go in some sense. You want to transport them to a safe and clean environment as soon as possible so surgery can be done. The LSFD is not a surgery faction that needs to do every procedure on the spot. They stabilize and transport, if we are talking about the medical side of the faction.

This has always been the case and it will not change anything. That is what you sign up for lol

• Thanks 1
Just now, Captain said:

You even said it yourself, sometimes you guys avoid certain calls because it’s not fun lol, we obviously need to find a way to make it more enjoyable for both parties then. You can sit here & say OH WERE NOT A TAXI SERVICE but that’s not gonna change shit big dog. 

I never said that and I certainly don’t. I attend every call and give them the same level of RP no matter what the occasion is. 

I honestly don’t know anything said here will change anything. 

• Keane locked this topic
  • Keane unlocked this topic