Making Gun Shot Wound roleplay more enjoyable - but how?

Cobra

Just now, Tseard said:

I don't want to trigger anybody but don't you get that the medics are basically patching someone up until they are stable enough to be transported ASAP? While it is not a taxi server, everyone should aim to get a patient out of the street to a hospital as soon as possible. So yes, it is a pick-up and go in some sense. You want to transport them to a safe and clean environment as soon as possible so surgery can be done. The LSFD is not a surgery faction that needs to do every procedure on the spot. They stabilize and transport, if we are talking about the medical side of the faction.

This has always been the case and it will not change anything. That is what you sign up for lol

Yes, but people are forgetting we need to stabilise before transporting. And while doing that, people tab out and don’t engage which takes longer which they complain about. That’s not what I signed up for. 

How can I emphasise this more, who spoke about doing surgery at the roadside, we don’t. 

Edited by Duke
7 minutes ago, Duke said:

Yes, but people are forgetting we need to stabilise before transporting. And while doing that, people tab out and don’t engage which takes longer which they complain about. That’s not what I signed up for. 

How can I emphasise this more, who spoke about doing surgery at the roadside, we don’t. 

I think majority of time, people are overwhelmed by the amount of roleplay. Just last night there was a scene where two suspects hit a wall, 1000+ lines of text going on at once. I, personally, am certainly not able to reply instantly, and rushing them is frustrating.  

Edited by Roach
2 minutes ago, Roach said:

I think majority of time, people are overwhelmed by the amount of roleplay. Just last night there was a scene where two suspects hit a wall, 1000+ lines of text going on at once. I, personally, am certainly not able to reply instantly, and rushing them is frustrating.  

That scene was quite hectic, especially with the heavy police presence. It happens. 

Just now, Duke said:

If you want us to stabilise and go using only gauze pads and bandages you can die in the ambulance on the way to hospital. 

What else is needed, sometimes you don't even need more, depending on the injury, you can easily survive with a gauze pad and a bandage.

54 minutes ago, Tseard said:

What else is needed, sometimes you don't even need more, depending on the injury, you can easily survive with a gauze pad and a bandage.

Paramedics need more than gauze pads and a bandage to treat a patient in a critical condition.

Edited by Duke
Poorly worded
Just now, Duke said:

If you seriously think paramedics only need bandages and gauze to save someone’s life who’s in a critical condition you’re not worthy of another response from me. 

Who said anything about a critical decision? Why are you so triggered by people their responses when they do not agree with you and counter you in replies?

• Applaud 1
Just now, Duke said:

If you seriously think paramedics only need bandages and gauze to save someone’s life who’s in a critical condition you’re not worthy of another response from me. 

I have so many issues with this statement alone, and if this reflects the whole FD point of view then I'm just saddened. 

Just now, Tseard said:

Who said anything about a critical decision? Why are you so triggered by people their responses when they do not agree with you and counter you in replies?

Tseard, this entire thread is about GSW wounds, that’s a critical condition. 

Just now, Mitch said:

I have so many issues with this statement alone, and if this reflects the whole FD point of view then I'm just saddened. 

Feel free to share, I’m done arguing to mind numbing replies. I don’t speak on behalf of the whole of the LSFD whatsoever. 

EMS do not treat patients with only bandages and gauze, as tseard seems to think. 

• Keane locked this topic
  • Keane unlocked this topic