Making Gun Shot Wound roleplay more enjoyable - but how?

Cobra

1 minute ago, Captain said:

I think it’s fucking ridiculous to have a whole fucking operation on the sidewalk lol. Just pick the person that’s hurt up & go. I’m pretty sure if someone’s rping being hurt there’s a lot of rp that went into it already. I don’t think we need 500 lines of WHAT IS YOUR PULSE and DOES THE BLEEDING STOP?  I personally experience a lot of RP fatigue in these situations and it would just be a lot easier and funnier if there was a pick up & go emphasis. I’ve Rpd for an hour and a half with FD in the middle of the road because someone got shot before. That’s crazy, especially if it’s your average boring someone got shot rp. If it’s something a little more interesting like someone’s giving birth or something knock it out of the park.

I'm pretty sure this is a heavy RP server and not a /revive server. What you're suggesting will never happen, it's players like this that ruin it. THIS is the reason we avoid GSW calls, so thank you for coming forward and sharing that with everyone else.

If people don't want to RP properly then they shouldn't be here. Isn't that what GTAW is all about? RP STANDARDS. If people want a pick up and go atmosphere then another server is their option. 

Just now, Westen said:

But the issue is that you shouldn't be spending 2 hours roleplaying with someone that's been shot at the side of the road.

No one spends 2 hours roleplaying with someone shot at the side of the road, you're being absurd. 

Just now, Duke said:

No one spends 2 hours roleplaying with someone shot at the side of the road, you're being absurd. 

for the record, when i was in fd 2 months ago, general GSW calls took around 30 minutes upwards to an hour to handle, if it's a chamberlain call then it takes a lot longer due to scene security, the occasional getting shot at, or the random cruiser getting torched.

Just now, Duke said:

2 hours is an over-exaggeration, sure. But is it appropriate for FD to sit there with someone for about half an hour in the middle of the most dangerous place on the server for a single gunshot wound to the arm?

It’s probably some of the most boring roleplay, you cant move, you can’t turn your camera to look around, you’re being asked questions that you generally don’t know the realistic answer to. On top of that it’s pretty demoralizing to be on the side of the road for hours when you know damn well you would have died by now. The roleplay never feels like wow these guys are trying to save our life and this is the priority. It’s just not interesting at all if it’s something regular like a GSW.  & Like I said above if you were shot you probably have been roleplaying for a while and that’s how it turned out. Typically that’s the end of the roleplay and the people who were involved are already fatigued. You guys asked how we felt and now we’re giving answers, don’t get upset.

Edited by Captain
Just now, Mitch said:

for the record, when i was in fd 2 months ago, general GSW calls took around 30 minutes upwards to an hour to handle, if it's a chamberlain call then it takes a lot longer due to scene security, the occasional getting shot at, or the random cruiser getting torched.

Just now, Westen said:

2 hours is an over-exaggeration, sure. But is it appropriate for FD to sit there with someone for about half an hour in the middle of the most dangerous place on the server for a single gunshot wound to the arm?

Not sure what was taking you so long. 

GSW scenes do have an emphasis on rapid transport, we're not surgeons and hospitals are the best place for advanced treatment.

Let me reiterate, scenes take so long because the players don't reply to the /do's and tab out. That's not our fault. 

Just now, Westen said:

If that what it takes then yes. That's why PD provide overwatch, so we can treat our patients and get going. If that takes an hour or two then so be it. 

Just now, JayO said:

If that takes an hour or two then so be it. 

That just isn't viable on this server, I highly doubt anyone in FD enjoys staying at a single scene for more than a hour, especially if it's the same patient. Stabilize the wound and move on, it seriously shouldn't take that long. 

Just now, Mitch said:

That just isn't viable on this server, I highly doubt anyone in FD enjoys staying at a single scene for more than a hour, especially if it's the same patient. Stabilize the wound and move on, it seriously shouldn't take that long. 

It doesn't, normally. What takes long is people not replying to RP and tabbing out, making our job harder and it takes longer. 

It’s not fun for both parties we’ve established that. There needs to be a way to simplify the roleplay for both sides in a way that doesn’t take from the quality but doesn’t drag on forever to the point where already fatigued players are just tabbing out with their stuck cameras and inability to even do animations.

• Keane locked this topic
  • Keane unlocked this topic