Removal of assets used in rulebreaks.

1 hour ago, Smurf said:

How's pointing out somebody twisting words, an attempt at trying to twist somebody else's words? LMAO they said stop making it sound different. it's weird. Which he's right.

If you got from my explanation just me saying ajails and bans mean something. You've never personally applied for anything from an IFM scheme to a PM property and it shows. If you have any admin record (punishments vary) you have to wait upwards of 1+ months or even if you are wanting to just turn a new page and just not get in trouble. I remember there was a time where I applied for something and a 2+ year old punishment prevented me from getting it.

THIS is me telling you, ajails and bans mean something within the community, instead of you bitching and saying they don't without providing any valuable input on this thread

again, if you are offended by any of my vocabulary, grow up. We're adults, I uses these words daily and am a blunt person. I hope your weekends going great nevertheless.

As @DasFroggy mentioned, like him I'VE never been in the reports section on the receiving end, I've never had so much as an ingame warning even when I was new to the server. It's really not hard to stay out of trouble. You COMPLETELY missed the point I was making and it shows. I was saying that ajails and bans don't mean anything to the type of players this suggestion is aimed towards, the kind of players who use throwaway characters, they're not going to apply for PM or IFM things because THEY DON'T CARE. They know they're not getting those accepted and they're not even going to put in the effort to try. Ajails and bans don't mean anything to people who want to be intentionally disruptive and think they can outsmart the system. 

Ajails and bans ARE relatively meaningless to the majority of the community when they're not backed by enough consequences because the majority of the community don't make use of PM or IFM schemes, maybe 5% -10% of players do (Mostly because it can be a lot of effort, but that's by design) and those who do aren't likely to want to jeopardise their chances of being accepted. Players who contribute to the community, don't mind going through these application processes and the conditions they set. Players who fuck around don't give a shit and won't even look at UCP/Forum applications for things. THIS is who this suggestion is aimed at. Why's that so hard to understand?

Edited by Moonsong
  • Upvote 4

Here's what confuses me. We've had plenty of people say we need to just ban people instead of giving them ajails. This proposition gives ajails some actual teeth and people's response is it'll just cause them to break more rules? Do y'all want punishments to matter or not? Or was all that talk just a way to cover your asses and make you look all angelic and shit?

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1
On 2/25/2024 at 8:15 AM, BLUE HUNDREDS said:

if u take ppl's guns away when they break rules theyll break more rules to get new guns

nope

Then they'll get perma-banned, hopefully, which is what would be more suitable than seizing assets.

On 2/25/2024 at 9:47 PM, Jura said:

force ck doesn't remove the assets that slot holds. its just a new name, afaik unless this has changed?

A CK only punishes players who invest time and effort into making an in-depth character.

On 2/25/2024 at 11:16 PM, Smurf said:

I've never once seen anybody have a duped gun, item or whatever the case may be. If it's duped, usually if it's maliciously intended; the player is punished further and obviously like you said it's taken back and dealt with. 

I've unintentionally managed to duplicate the ammo of the gun I was equipping just by using /equip, and it has happened to me multiple times.

The way I've fixed it was to unequip and equip the firearm again.

Edit: I forgot to +1 this thread.

Edited by Jeroen
  • Applaud 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2024 at 11:11 AM, Rylee said:

+1

Punishments continue to be lenient, there needs to be actual consequences other than a sixty minute timeout.

I totally agree with this. Players sometimes do often get away with little much, sure if you did something, remove the assets.