Increased RPQM Reports? - The People's Opinion

TeeHazmat

2 minutes ago, knppel said:

I have to ask here: Have any male characters ever been reported for such?
Or is this something where mostly female characters are accused of?

I am just wondering as there always is a lot of slutshaming going on over such rpqm verdicts but somehow it's never male characters, even if the accused females mostly sleep with males.

Welcome to GTA World, the world of misogyni! 

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, Mecovy said:

Can we chill on the amount of reports against ppl who exercise this. It's perfectly realistic. Don't make me post the video of the DJing Priest with the side job of a security guard. :<

3 minutes ago, borhoi said:

The only reason anyone made a video about said priest DJ security guard man is because that's an odd story.

When 99% of the city is composed of such stories and everyone is a main character and super individual and extraordinary it is grating.

Great answer, don't need to say anything else. 

9 minutes ago, Mecovy said:

One thing I just wanna say... as I've noticed it in RPQM reports against ppl in the legal side of things. Some people IRL work 3 jobs, some like to make music, some like to volunteer or honestly anything. No job contracts you for every hour in the week. It's typically 9-12 hours a day, and if its 12 you'd get multiple days off in a row. Most jobs get weekends off or rotate em.

From what I recall, all of these reports are usually about people holding 2-3 positions that are full time positions in real life, and never a part time job that you can do 9-12 hours a week along with a full time.

7 minutes ago, knppel said:

Have any male characters ever been reported for such?

Yes.

10 minutes ago, knppel said:

I am just wondering as there always is a lot of slutshaming going on over such rpqm verdicts but somehow it's never male characters, even if the accused females mostly sleep with males.

I'm not sure what this means, RPQM punishments are never public so the only person who can make them public is the person who got punished. 

I'm not going to respond to the other parts of the post because they directly address a specific RPQM case.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
3 minutes ago, Exodus said:

RPQM punishments are never public so the only person who can make them public is the person who got punished

No, both staff can be indiscreet, and reporting players can just as much share out this information to other (non staff) players, typically if they want to frame others anyway this is bound to happen.

And obviously once word is out, on every channel that is not directly gtaw moderated (and thus prohibited from discussing reports), this spreads around.

Unmoderated.

• Upvote 2
50 minutes ago, knppel said:

He didn't, I did.

Might just be me but I am more disturbed by the frequent unrealistic displays of violence than the 3-6 people with cat ears I met in three years playing.

Or by people's driving.

Or, or, or.

Cat ears are SO way down on that list that staff should care for relevant stuff opposed to bully niches that are absolutely irrelevant for 99% of ic happenings and encounters.

And those who display unrealistic levels of violence should be reported, too. The two things you are comparing are very different.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Exodus said:

From what I recall, all of these reports are usually about people holding 2-3 positions that are full time positions in real life, and never a part time job that you can do 9-12 hours a week along with a full time.

Lets use the hospital as an example of what I'm trying to say. Most use a 5/5/4 pattern to make up shifts. So that's 5 days of 10 hours shifts, 3 days off, another five days of shifts, four days off. Accounting that most people will need a day to just recover, that's 2 and 3 days each to allow for other activities. Can't go into much more specific as it addresses a report directly, but those 2/3 days are enough time for people to do the odd thing once or twice every few weeks. But afaik that was still considered an issue by RPQM. Wasn't a 3 job monty situation, just one career and one hobby. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, TeeHazmat said:

Is it me or is everyone that I know getting RPQM'ed lately, what's going on?
Most of it seems to be on small insignificant reasons and it has people questioning what all their years of RP development has led up to.

Lets keep this clean please so we don't have admins locking the thread.
KEEP IT CIVIL | NO BASHING!

The RPQM process exists to keep the server realistic & balanced.

An overwhelming amount of character's seem to think they're the "main character" and have multiple jobs, multiple cars, and unrealistic assets.

As time goes on, accounts will age, and player's will have more and more time to accumulate these assets. Therefore, as time goes on and the player base increases, we can reasonably assume that the RPQM rate WILL indeed go up.

The RPQM process is vetted, and administrators review the report for legitimacy prior to even contacting the reported player. If you say that your years of RP development has led up to this, that doesn't necessarily justify your RP development. "We've always done it this way" may mean you've simply been leading yourself into an RPQM situation without even realizing it.

You state it's you and everyone you know, maybe it may be the group of individuals you adopt with have a hive mindset which has led to this. I would recommend reviewing your own assets, behavior, and what led up to your RPQM, and moving on. 

It's only a game. 

• Upvote 2

I could think of nothing worse than sitting down at my computer after a long hard day of work IRL to write an RPQM report about someone because I don't like that they have a super car or wearing cat ears. We have guns IG for this reason do we not? 

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, AsamaBLaden said:

i aint even know this system existed lmfaoo

Mean's you're playing the game right.

Honestly, gonna throw a hot take out here and I think @borhoi will agree with me. A large amount of the more realistic roleplayers are found around Vespucci & Davis. They roleplay as poor, impoverished characters living in a ghetto. Either hold one job, or none, and sell dope and commit minor crimes, and provide a pretty accurate (for a game) portrayal of street gangs.

Sure, some of them have /nicer/ cars, but that can be attributed to the skewed economy and the fact decent cars can be purchased for such a cheap price, and the overall lack of availability of older vehicles. (Not classics, think mid-late 90's and early 2000's vehicles you see in ghettos, Nissan Altimas, old Corollas and Impalas etc)