Increased RPQM Reports? - The People's Opinion

TeeHazmat

He didn't, I did.

Might just be me but I am more disturbed by the frequent unrealistic displays of violence than the 3-6 people with cat ears I met in three years playing.

Or by people's driving.

Or, or, or.

Cat ears are SO way down on that list that staff should care for relevant stuff opposed to bully niches that are absolutely irrelevant for 99% of ic happenings and encounters.

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, knppel said:

He didn't, I did.

Might just be me but I am more disturbed by the frequent unrealistic displays of violence than the 3-6 people with cat ears I met in three years playing.

Or by people's driving.

Or, or, or.

Cat ears are SO way down on that list that staff should care for relevant stuff opposed to bully niches that are absolutely irrelevant for 99% of ic happenings and encounters.

I don’t experience frequent, unrealistic displays of violence. Have you considered if it’s the people you’re rping with?

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, knppel said:

Did you just seriously say cat ears and meowing are causing more discomfort than say, murder on the street that happens on a daily base?

Bruh

no one compared one to the other, and I'm not going to make this into a conversation about the vitriol against the illegal roleplay, his plight, however witnessing murder is one of the things you do sign up for when buying GTA5, whether we like it or not, people just love killing each other in this game

this is about people getting report for their portrayal of exuberant oversexualized characters, pushing it to the nth degree in public and forcing other players to see that roleplay, personal opinions matter nigh when the receiving end gets a face full of meowing pawing and overall pretty all agreeable disgusting oversexualized content, everyone is free to roleplay what they want, but forcing a character that brings physical discomfort to players is just not it

all the esoteric knowledge behind these roleplayers is only known to them and I doubt any are alive here to share with us why they do that, mostly cause RPQM does do their job and yeets them off the server....

all in all, I'm not going to keep it to a silent deference, all respect to players who keep stuff they don't want other players to be forced 2 see behind closed doors, everyone here is allowed to have fun however they want within server rules, just don't ruin other people's time with cringy stuff

• Upvote 18
11 minutes ago, Igloo said:

this is about people getting report for their portrayal of exuberant oversexualized characters, pushing it to the nth degree in public and forcing other players to see that roleplay, personal opinions matter nigh when the receiving end gets a face full of meowing pawing and overall pretty all agreeable disgusting oversexualized content, everyone is free to roleplay what they want, but forcing a character that brings physical discomfort to players is just not it

That's not what the THREAD is about, it's more so about people getting RPQM'ed more often for minor things like their assets and when explained (Based on who hears the explanation) they are still asked to get rid of their assets no matter how many years of development they've put in to reach this point.

I don't care about people's E-girl fetishes, if you want to oversexualize your character just don't do it in public.

One thing I just wanna say... as I've noticed it in RPQM reports against ppl in the legal side of things. Some people IRL work 3 jobs, some like to make music, some like to volunteer or honestly anything. No job contracts you for every hour in the week. It's typically 9-12 hours a day, and if its 12 you'd get multiple days off in a row. Most jobs get weekends off or rotate em.

Can we chill on the amount of reports against ppl who exercise this. It's perfectly realistic. Don't make me post the video of the DJing Priest with the side job of a security guard. :<

Edited by Mecovy
  • Upvote 5
2 minutes ago, Igloo said:

this is about people getting report for their portrayal of exuberant oversexualized characters

I have to ask here: Have any male characters ever been reported for such?
Or is this something where mostly female characters are accused of?

I am just wondering as there always is a lot of slutshaming going on over such rpqm verdicts but somehow it's never male characters, even if the accused females mostly sleep with males.

And yes of course I too was reported and looked into (surprise, there was no lesbian sex with Carry as much as they digged in the logs for it).

6 minutes ago, Igloo said:

all in all, I'm not going to keep it to a silent deference

RPQM isn't the way to make people feel safer.

It creates ha-ha moments for those not affected, and an incredibly uncomfortable playing environment for players who, like me, are looked into without any accusations, evidence and so on (to the obvious result the report is eventually dropped).

Reports being not public also makes it impossible for investigated players to actually figure out what concrete issue staff sees all too often.

At worst cases, it allows people to frame other players by selectively presenting evidence (There was a case where players hired a hooker "ic" and then reported the sex they paid for ic as oversexualized, leaving out conveniently how they explicitly asked for various positions and, did I mention, paid ic for that).

Last but not least, rpqm reports are frequently leaked in parts by staff (to create ha-ha moments over people's cringy rp).

At the same time everyone complaining directly (like I have) will be told they can't give out reports to protect the reporter from being bullied.

Which is just so fucking bad and wrong.

1 minute ago, TeeHazmat said:

it's more so about people getting RPQM'ed more often for minor things

No shit.

As was explained it's about cat ears and cars, not actual ROLEPLAY. Ironic, eh?

2 minutes ago, Mecovy said:

Can we chill on the amount of reports

Well you see, as anyone who ever read anything about the GDR knows, anonymous denounciation report systems do not actually uphold any law, they're used by people to get at each other even if they have NO actual evidence for rules being broken, but still wanting someone to be accused.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Mecovy said:

Can we chill on the amount of reports against ppl who exercise this. It's perfectly realistic. Don't make me post the video of the DJing Priest with the side job of a security guard. :<

The only reason anyone made a video about said priest DJ security guard man is because that's an odd story.

When 99% of the city is composed of such stories and everyone is a main character and super individual and extraordinary it is grating.

• Upvote 1