The Sheriff's Department & You

Bospy

Just now, Memozzy said:

Huh, curious. I was told that I should report for an admin to get out if no Deputies are around. But still, those cell doors are meh when they are shut. They were for me all the time with no deputies aroudn.

when you do /fixloc you can enter and exit through them

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Memozzy said:

Huh, curious. I was told that I should report for an admin to get out if no Deputies are around. But still, those cell doors are meh when they are shut. They were for me all the time with no deputies aroudn.

Most of the times the doors being locked is an issue with the interior itself and /fixloc works.  The part about requesting an admin to get out is usually when you're put in SHU (Segregation) and there's no-one around to let you out, as a command is required to actually release you from said cell.

42 minutes ago, Memozzy said:

I'm curious about the way county jail operates.

A bit ago I was arrested and put in it. All good and well, however I was locked in my tiny cell and was told that only Sheriff's can unlock the cell door to let players out etc. 

So the question is - how often do Deputy's are inside of the jail to interact with those arrested? The message that pops up states that your time will decrease 3x(?) faster if you are actively RPing but its a bit hard to do when you're stuck inside a tiny cell for n-hours at a time. 

If deputy's cannot be there for one reason or another, can there be a way to at least get some sort of a gen-pop going so those within can have a limited ability to roam around and RP?

It's a bug that sometimes the cell doors are closed. They should always be open unless there is some sort of emergency going on within the facility. If you are locked inside, feel free to either request a deputy or to make a report in-game for it.

1 hour ago, Wirbelwind said:

I understand that collisions in traffic are found boring/annoying/irritating to deal with by the most, but just taking two sides of the story, hearing that two people are in hospital and saying "Yeah, I dunno who's wrong so you're all free to go." was really anti-climactic and felt underwhelming as a whole, when there was a whole lot of roleplay opportunities surrounding it.

Not SD, PD, but I think it applies to both. Because of sync and because you usually DON'T see the crash, it's almost impossible to determine who's in the wrong without dashcam footage. GTAW also doesn't have roadmarks or synced damages so you'd rely on player emotes to know what happened. It's almost impossible. You need Probable Cause, after all, to book someone in for something like Reckless Driving or Vehicular Endangerment.

So my personal advice is to have NVidia Shadowplay installed, and make both yours and our lives easier.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
Just now, pateuvasiliu said:

Not SD, PD, but I think it applies to both. Because of sync and because you usually DON'T see the crash, it's almost impossible to determine who's in the wrong without dashcam footage. GTAW also doesn't have roadmarks or synced damages so you'd rely on player emotes to know what happened. It's almost impossible. You need Probable Cause, after all, to book someone in for something like Reckless Driving or Vehicular Endangerment.

So my personal advice is to have NVidia Shadowplay installed, and make both yours and our lives easier.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I still, to this date, have the crash saved in my Shadowplay recording.

2bd7e7049dfb0fc97bb4217dfec69bbe.jpg

The roleplay around the RTC was simply not there when it comes down to the investigation, and that is my problem.

Two people ending up in hospital (transported by FD, who are players and some still stayed on scene to actively roleplay with us) should be enough just cause to investigate a matter further.

It's easy. All they had to do was look at the speedometers. My car's speed didn't exceed 30mph, and the Jester's very, very much did exceed the speed limit.

My problem isn't with the player who I've had the car crash with. The player at no point in time provided any false information through OOC means. Him lying IC is completely fine and expected. We've roleplayed the scene in full, so did Xuan Lan and Jason Song, who ended up (if I recall correctly) being transported to Mount Zonah Medical.

Furthermore, I shouldn't have to go to /b or through OOC means to say "Hey, I recorded this via Shadowplay!" in order to keep roleplay going. I simply don't see why there's to be no roleplay surrounding the investigation if a recording isn't present.

45 minutes ago, Wirbelwind said:

It's easy. All they had to do was look at the speedometers. My car's speed didn't exceed 30mph, and the Jester's very, very much did exceed the speed limit.

That's not proof he was in the wrong lane. It's proof he was speeding. It's very much possible for a 30 mph car to swerve into the wrong lane and TC with a speeding car.

Edited by pateuvasiliu

Wirbelwind, to reply to your concern. Oftentimes roleplay is conducted for in depth investigations and members are encouraged to do so. That being said, in a real life equivalent of a collision with injuries, a traffic investigator would be called out. At this point in time we do not have specialized traffic investigations and often rely on pd if their traffic members are available. From what I understand, this is a single incident you're referring to so I cant speak to the specifics of it but i know all of our members put significant effort into roleplaying investigations as best they can. As for specific training, as the sheriff's department grows we do intend on having more specialized units to fill these niche rolls and enhance everyone's roleplay experience, but we have to weigh each route of expansion through a variety of factors and base it on the specific needs of the community as a whole. 

Just now, pateuvasiliu said:

That's not proof he was in the wrong lane. It's proof he was speeding. It's very much possible for a 30 mph car to swerve into the wrong lane and TC with a speeding car.

Refer to skid marks in his lane, clearly defined on the image. I do not wish to bicker, fight or argue with you, my only concern is that more effort could have and should have been applied to the roleplay regarding the investigation of things. Jonesy, however, addresses my concern much better.

Just now, Jonesy said:

Wirbelwind, to reply to your concern. Oftentimes roleplay is conducted for in depth investigations and members are encouraged to do so. That being said, in a real life equivalent of a collision with injuries, a traffic investigator would be called out. At this point in time we do not have specialized traffic investigations and often rely on pd if their traffic members are available. From what I understand, this is a single incident you're referring to so I cant speak to the specifics of it but i know all of our members put significant effort into roleplaying investigations as best they can. As for specific training, as the sheriff's department grows we do intend on having more specialized units to fill these niche rolls and enhance everyone's roleplay experience, but we have to weigh each route of expansion through a variety of factors and base it on the specific needs of the community as a whole. 

Thank you for addressing me directly.

It is indeed a single incident that I am referring to, but I do admit that it was a bit ... jarring with how it was handled. Whereas I don't at all hope to be involved in a traffic collision on any of my characters, I do hope that the roleplay surrounding them, should they happen in the future. However, I must say that (to my knowledge), there's been no efforts from the Sheriff's side to contact the respective LSPD traffic units while on scene.

Either way, I hope my input helps even a little bit.