Making Gun Shot Wound roleplay more enjoyable - but how?

Cobra

2 minutes ago, Duke said:

Tseard, this entire thread is about GSW wounds, that’s a critical condition. 

Feel free to share, I’m done arguing to mind numbing replies. I don’t speak on behalf of the whole of the LSFD whatsoever. 

EMS do not treat patients with only bandages and gauze, as tseard seems to think. 

What else do you need to treat a gunshot wound? Enlighten me. 

Edited by Tseard
19 minutes ago, Tseard said:

I don't want to trigger anybody but don't you get that the medics are basically patching someone up until they are stable enough to be transported ASAP? While it is not a taxi server, everyone should aim to get a patient out of the street to a hospital as soon as possible. So yes, it is a pick-up and go in some sense. You want to transport them to a safe and clean environment as soon as possible so surgery can be done. The LSFD is not a surgery faction that needs to do every procedure on the spot. They stabilize and transport, if we are talking about the medical side of the faction.

This has always been the case and it will not change anything. That is what you sign up for lol

What you are failing to realize is that certain situations require more than a patch up and go, you said it yourself, we stabilize. 

We do not move until we are confident the patient is fit for transport and that takes time to properly evaluate. 

42 minutes ago, JustAnM43 said:

I can't speak for everyone, but I honestly had a blast RP-ing around FD every scenario I had. My character was engaged in a shootout defending himself and was shot in the arm. I had medics arrive and they engaged in full on roleplay. Best thing about being shot RP-ly is, there's loads of room to develop and engage with FD. How will my character react after he's treated? Will he be more cautious? Paranoid? Will he hate the fact he's got a nasty scar?

The medics came on the scene and asked about injuries, they were given an answer and they got to work. The two medics on scene were Piper Robinson and Leilani Morikawa. They were fully engaged in the RP and so was I. The roleplay was fun, didn't take as long. It took 30-45 minutes most I'd say. The roleplay was excellent.

In all honesty, I don't think FD deserves a lot of the shit it gets. I've been in their shoes before and 80% of the community doesn't want to engage in medical roleplay after getting shot. It's sad but it's true. People that enjoy medical roleplay will always put in effort, and people that don't unfortunately won't and I doubt we can change that.

People that get shot fail to see how much room there is to develop, both around FD and the actual GSW itself and the days following it, but unfortunately people just want to get treated and dip to do other RP, which is kinda sad. I can't blame FD for being demotivated when half of the community wants the medical roleplay to be sped up.

You're on a heavy roleplay server, act it. I don't complain when traffic stops take ages, cause it's still roleplay, and you can't hurry it up. Same should be done about medical RP. It's roleplay, and you're on a heavy RP server. Act like it.

This is nice to see, theres only been a couple instances in regards to GSWs that I actually enjoyed. One being a female dying and she sat there while I did CPR and waited for ILS to arrive. Said person fully engaged in the while thing and I even PMd the person apologising for how long it took... her reply? "Not a problem, amazing RP" now that's from one of the very few that actually wanted to engage in the RP. 

Now ILS was involved here and the person actually went to /b to ask us what things meant. We responded in kind and the RP flowed. 

3 other Members of FD and the Batallion Chief arrived to try and Dave this persons life and it was the best scenario I've ever been in. You take that and go to a gangbanger being shot and the change in RP is shockingly bad. 

Maybe if people actually learnt from this person, it might actually make things more interesting.

4 minutes ago, Tseard said:

What else do you need to treat a gunshot wound? Enlighten me. 

IV therapy, oxygen therapy, airway intervention, pre-dosed medications such as adrenaline, the list goes on.

You can't SERIOUSLY think a paramedic only puts gauze on a gunshot wound and sends a patient to hospital in an ambulance?

2 minutes ago, Duke said:

If you seriously think paramedics only need bandages and gauze to save someone’s life who’s in a critical condition you’re not worthy of another response from me. 

lol

If that's the kind of attitude you have towards people giving their opinion on this subject, then you're not worthy of a place in the community. You need to show more openness and less hostility if you're discussing things here. Like I said in the other thread I locked, take some time to relax. Discuss the topic when you can put your emotions aside and actually see people's opinions as their opinions, not an attack on you or the faction you're in.

Just now, Keane said:

lol

If that's the kind of attitude you have towards people giving their opinion on this subject, then you're not worthy of a place in the community. You need to show more openness and less hostility if you're discussing things here. Like I said in the other thread I locked, take some time to relax. Discuss the topic when you can put your emotions aside and actually see people's opinions as their opinions, not an attack on you or the faction you're in.

I understand where you're coming from and no doubt I've let my frustration get the better of me in some of these replies, but I can't see him seriously thinking EMS only need gauzes and bandages to treat someone, surely that's a joke. 

Just now, Duke said:

IV therapy, oxygen therapy, airway intervention, pre-dosed medications such as adrenaline, the list goes on.

You can't SERIOUSLY think a paramedic only puts gauze on a gunshot wound and sends a patient to hospital in an ambulance?

That are all treatments done when the person is lacking in a certain section. If I want to treat someone who has an active gunshot wound, I put a gauze on it to stop the bleeding and a bandage. That should stop the bleeding and that's how you treat a GSW. What you described is how you treat the rest of the patient if other problems arise. So yes, I was correct. ?

1 minute ago, Tseard said:

That are all treatments done when the person is lacking in a certain section. If I want to treat someone who has an active gunshot wound, I put a gauze on it to stop the bleeding and a bandage. That should stop the bleeding and that's how you treat a GSW. What you described is how you treat the rest of the patient if other problems arise. So yes, I was correct. ?

No, IV therapy should always be used, you don't want to not set up an IV line and realise after they need intravenous fluids because they're dying. 

Oxygen therapy is always used, there's always blood loss when someone is shot.

Just now, Fraggloid said:

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg

I honestly can't decide if what you just said is satire or not @Tseard.

This ^

3 minutes ago, Keane said:

lol

See what I mean yet, dude's having me on.

Edited by Duke
Just now, Duke said:

No, IV therapy should always be used, you don't want to not set up an IV line and realise after they need intravenous fluids because they're dying. 

You can use IV therapy once they're in the ambulance, away from the scene, Bandage, load, and other treatments if more problems arise.

• Keane locked this topic
  • Keane unlocked this topic