Making Gun Shot Wound roleplay more enjoyable - but how?

Cobra

The roleplay does not have to be extremely detailed, this is something that a lot of people feel like is the bomb and makes you look elite but keeping it short and simple sometimes is way better. 

If you take two minutes to write a /me with details about something you are copy and pasting from a medical handbook or if you make a quick /me within 30 seconds where you use words everyone understands, I know the difference. 

I have been doing medical roleplay for so many years and I actually enjoy it but in the last few years, I kept it so standard and so basic. No fancy words that someone does not understand, no 20 minutes wasted on one gunshot wound.

Just now, Tseard said:

The roleplay does not have to be extremely detailed, this is something that a lot of people feel like is the bomb and makes you look elite but keeping it short and simple sometimes is way better. 

If you take two minutes to write a /me with details about something you are copy and pasting from a medical handbook or if you make a quick /me within 30 seconds where you use words everyone understands, I know the difference. 

I have been doing medical roleplay for so many years and I actually enjoy it but in the last few years, I kept it so standard and so basic. No fancy words that someone does not understand, no 20 minutes wasted on one gunshot wound.

20 minutes being put into a gunshot wound isn't even possible. With such wound everyone should focus moving the wounded into operation room as fast as they can. At that point, the wounded person should be just stabilized or something and loaded up asap.

Edited by Engelbert

The first part of this response is aimed at PD.

A lot of the comments I'm seeing shows the people writing them don't appreciate the gravity of shooting someone, nor the RP it entails. 

This is a roleplay server, not a DM server. PD shouldn't be shooting people, standing around for 20 minutes while FD do what they need to do then driving off and forgetting they just shot someone. I've watched countless videos of post shots fired incidents involving police, the amount of work they conduct after shooting someone is tremendous, something not being replicated in game. There's a running incident log, police officers firearms are bagged and tagged for evidence, an investigation into the shooting is established to deem whether it was lawful or not. 

It's all well and good saying it's boring watching FD treat someone, when you're dropping people like flies and stopping your RP there. You might feel more immersed in your roleplay if you treated gunshot scenes more realistically (talking to PD), rather than popping a suspect and waiting to jump onto your next call. 

This next part is aimed at the victims requiring medical attention. 

If you don't tab out and take 5 mins to reply to a /do, it'd be a hell of a lot quicker for us to not only treat you but enjoy treating you. You'll find fluid roleplay is more enjoyable than FD repeating /do's and not being able to have their medical RP flow because you're bored and tabbed out. If you don't understand a piece of roleplay, ask, we won't bite. 

At FD; 

This is something we all need to work on, streamlining roleplay so that it keeps flowing on our behalf. I've seen many a time units arrive on scene to stand around for 5 minutes before they figure out what they need to do.

Medica roleplay needs to be incredibly fast paced and on the go like it is in real life. More equipment needs to be used to help streamline this RP, I've had plenty of dealings with the ambulance service in the UK, Ive watched plenty of documentary series on their work in the UK and abroad. Not once have I seen any of them put a finger on someone radial or carotid artery and time the beats on their watch as they calculate a pulse. Things like Lifepaks and other mobile ECG equipment needs to be used. Thanks to pulse oximeters and other equipment a person's breathing rate is never really measured, if they need oxygen it's provided, if they are hyperventilating it's obvious. A lot of the repetitive drone/bot RP we are taught to carry out needs removing.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Duke said:

The first part of this response is aimed at PD.

A lot of the comments I'm seeing shows the people writing them don't appreciate the gravity of shooting someone, nor the RP it entails. 

This is a roleplay server, not a DM server. PD shouldn't be shooting people, standing around for 20 minutes while FD do what they need to do then driving off and forgetting they just shot someone. I've watched countless videos of post shots fired incidents involving police, the amount of work they conduct after shooting someone is tremendous, something not being replicated in game. There's a running incident log, police officers firearms are bagged and tagged for evidence, an investigation into the shooting is established to deem whether it was lawful or not. 

It's all well and good saying it's boring watching FD treat someone, when you're dropping people like flies and stopping your RP there. You might feel more immersed in your roleplay if you treated gunshot scenes more realistically (talking to PD), rather than popping a suspect and waiting to jump onto your next call. 

This is actually not true. If someone in the LSPD shoots someone, their next goal is to provide medical assistance on the suspect/victim. This is done until the LSFD arrives on the scene so they can take over as medic professionals and the LSPD will then provide overwatch/guard with the medics while they do their job. It depends on the number of officers that are on the scene and what they can do. 

7 minutes ago, Tseard said:

This is actually not true. If someone in the LSPD shoots someone, their next goal is to provide medical assistance on the suspect/victim. This is done until the LSFD arrives on the scene so they can take over as medic professionals and the LSPD will then provide overwatch/guard with the medics while they do their job. It depends on the number of officers that are on the scene and what they can do. 

True, that BLS officers are trained to provide aid, which I believe should be part of the academy. Otherwise, it's dangerous for an officer to give aid, as they may hurt the suspect/victim more.

Edited by Roach
1 minute ago, Tseard said:

It does depend on how many officers there are, but what I said isn't untrue. Everything I described would happen in real life, it does happen in real life, whether you have the manpower to replicate that in game is another story. 

I'll say one thing, this isn't Iraq or Afghanistan, to say officers simply carry out over-watch duties like there's hostiles engaging with you in guerrilla warfare and we're some type of combat medic is insane. 

Yes, officers provide medical treatment to members of the public, but a part from that and crowd control it's all they do at scenes in-game and it shouldn't be. There's no peripheral Roleplay regarding the fact they just shot a member of the public. information should at-least be gathered to be investigated a later time, such as what small police forces do in the U.S. Incident logs are set up and the supervisor notes down who shot, how many rounds they shot and so on for accountability purposes and future investigations into the shooting. 

When the medics are gone what do you do? You just leave and that shouldn't be the case, you need to properly RP shootings instead of getting antsy at FD for not bagging and tagging them quick enough. 

Just now, Duke said:

I'll say one thing, this isn't Iraq or Afghanistan, to say officers simply carry out over-watch duties like there's hostiles engaging with you in guerrilla warfare and we're some type of combat medic is insane. 

The majority of shootings on this server occur at Forum Drive or Grove Street. The number of shots fired in the past week there has to be in the double digits. There is a significant chance that if we as cops attend that scene, we will get shot at.

For example, there was one incident a few days ago where a guy got shot in the arm. It turned into a critical incident after the police and FD were shot at by people on quad bikes, and then a vehicle was rammed into the police cordon.

Just now, Westen said:

The majority of shootings on this server occur at Forum Drive or Grove Street. The number of shots fired in the past week there has to be in the double digits. There is a significant chance that if we as cops attend that scene, we will get shot at.

For example, there was one incident a few days ago where a guy got shot in the arm. It turned into a critical incident after the police and FD were shot at by people on quad bikes, and then a vehicle was rammed into the police cordon.

Sounds like something the administration needs to crack down on. Blind firing into a scene with FD and police when you live in that area and will probably be standing there 10 mins after PD/FD leave is far from realistic. 

Furthermore to that point - There's tools at law enforcement's disposal to crack down on hotspot areas.

Edited by Duke
8 minutes ago, Duke said:

There's no peripheral Roleplay regarding the fact they just shot a member of the public. information should at-least be gathered to be investigated a later time, such as what small police forces do in the U.S. Incident logs are set up and the supervisor notes down who shot, how many rounds they shot and so on for accountability purposes and future investigations into the shooting. 

When the medics are gone what do you do? You just leave and that shouldn't be the case, you need to properly RP shootings instead of getting antsy at FD for not bagging and tagging them quick enough. 

While the majority of the time the suspects live, they do. It's writing a huge incident report, and after action report regarding the incident is what I believe officers avoid.

Edited by Roach
  • Keane locked this topic
  • Keane unlocked this topic