Signal Jammers and what their Balance will look like

TeeHazmat

5 minutes ago, MY H85D said:

50K when you dont have your weekly SD/PD check, your 3 nightly bar man gigs or your /startshift for just existing, combined with the fact that you actually have to spend money on guns & drugs, is a fair bit of money.

Every gang has at least one business if not more, it's not hard for 5 dudes to rob a house together and chip in 10k each. 50k is nothing. 

I like how this server cripples a chunk of the community under the constant shriek of 'rEaLiSm' but then it turns right around and implements a feature so widely unrealistic as a 'SiGnAl jAmMeR'. That's not how home alarms work, fam, a jammer would not only fail to disable the alarm, robbers would find very quickly that disabling the alarm would actually be a worse outcome. This comes from real world experience with alarm systems big and small.

Edited by DasFroggy
  • Upvote 7
8 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

I like how this server cripples a chunk of the community under the constant shriek of 'rEaLiSm' but then it turns right around and implements a feature so widely unrealistic as a 'SiGnAl jAmMeR'. That's not how home alarms work, fam, a jammer would not only fail to disable the alarm, robbers would find very quickly that disabling the alarm would actually be a worse outcome. This comes from real world experience with alarm systems big and small.

As an alarm technician, as soon as an alarm doesn't send signal. It alerts the company maintaining it. So perhaps there should be a bit of content for those who want to RP security companies. And add in more failiures with lack of signal.

• Upvote 5
  • Applaud 1

I must agree that this is a rather damaging item to the whole alarm and vehicle anti theft area. It pretty much makes having those pointless. All we'll see is people logging off with valuable items, less items stored in houses and cars /vp'd as soon as you leave it. 

I'm all for new features and possible ways of getting around alarms for a SHORT period, but 10 minutes is stupid long. Balancing definitely needs looking in to before its released.

• Upvote 2

The concept of the signal jammer doesn't bother me in theory. Though, what people are saying about the time being way too long is true.

The thing that DOES bug me is the fact that it stops car alarms from sounding. To me, that makes no sense. Now a signal JAMMER stopping it from SENDING a signal does, so stop it sending the message to the cops and the owner, sure...Ok. I weep for my car, but ok.

It should however still let the alarm, which from my understanding is hard-wired into the car its self, sound as soon as it's triggered. Maybe implement a way to let crims disable car alarms with a minigame, or once the car is hot-wired they can kill the noise but not the flashing lights, whatever balance works. But car alarms now being useless for ten minutes a pop for what is essentially a throwaway item isn't my favourite idea.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

I must say, that I am one of those yelling, "We live in 21st century digital age." Which is why I welcome such addition. However I am afraid of carjacking and break-in sprees, because frankly everyone has 50K for a jammer and if they want it, they will justify having those money for it. Besides as someone who has a jammer in the office, it's not rocket science.

50k is pocket change to most, and the 'real' value of it will be much lower once the spree of encouraged car jackings will make carparts and electronics much more available on the market. 

Plus this whole idea of 'cost' forgets the fact it is NOT single use. It has a dice roll of working once. It also have a dice roll of working five, ten, twenty times. And it has a radius; you could go out with the boys to a carpark, stand inbetween them and they pick three, four, five cars at once, no alarms, and that's a lot of carparts! Which means, a lot of jammers and the value falls.

It's a recipe for disaster.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic