Graffiti on police stations

Paenymion

7 hours ago, Moonsong said:

A lot of shit happens in real life. but the majority of it isn't even allowed on the server because it has no place in a game or because there has to be a healthy balance between fun and an authentic experience. Just because shit happens IRL doesn't mean that it should happen IG and you should know that as a long-standing player. Now if the tag spots were more carefully chosen I might not have had such an issue, but it's clear that ZERO thought was put into these spots. There's being stupid, and there's being 100% unrealistic.

Don't forget that police stations are some of the few locations on the map that have NPC's that'd be there round the clock, even during graveyard shifts they're not going to be quiet places. No crime means no crime.

But that's just extremely boring. I understand stopping people from doing outlandish things like muggings or vehicle theft. But a little bit of graffiti? That's actively providing roleplay for 1. the tagger 2. the police and 3. the department that cleans it. The more you stop people from doing things that reflect on real life, the more this server becomes a Second Life 2.0

1 hour ago, Bubonic said:

But that's just extremely boring. I understand stopping people from doing outlandish things like muggings or vehicle theft. But a little bit of graffiti? That's actively providing roleplay for 1. the tagger 2. the police and 3. the department that cleans it. The more you stop people from doing things that reflect on real life, the more this server becomes a Second Life 2.0

You're completely missing the point, if it was well roleplayed I probably wouldn't care but this was far from well roleplayed. Literally above the main doors, between two cameras? Nawh dude, you're not telling me this is in any way representative of real life. Saying "it happens in real life" is such a shitty excuse to disguise bad roleplay and imo anyone supporting this should know better 

28 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

if it was well roleplayed I probably wouldn't care but this was far from well roleplayed

How does the location of the tag reflect on whether it was well roleplayed or not? lol.

Pretty sure anybody can climb a ladder and spray a couple of letters on a wall.

• Upvote 1

I love criminals trying to put out a statement, and I've seen some wonderful tagging roleplay done ever since tagging was introduced, and before when we relied on CIMs. However, tagging in obvious places with cameras scream "catch me", and is often reflective of bad roleplay and trollish behavior. If you had someone try to tag one of the lesser seen walls, I'd be all for it despite it being a crime-free zone, but as it stands, it's just silly.

Be more original with where you tag.

1 hour ago, Moonsong said:

You're completely missing the point, if it was well roleplayed I probably wouldn't care but this was far from well roleplayed. Literally above the main doors, between two cameras? Nawh dude, you're not telling me this is in any way representative of real life. Saying "it happens in real life" is such a shitty excuse to disguise bad roleplay and imo anyone supporting this should know better 

I don't think that "it happens irl" is inherently a bad argument, but people only use it when it's convenient for them. 

• Applaud 1

It's interesting to see such sharp contrasts in point of view when it comes to something as innocuous as graffiti.

Ultimately I think there are points for and against graffiti on Police Stations. Yes, from a realistic standpoint, there's a high possibility that somebody could see you doing it. The flip side however is that there is no guarantee that you would be detained. Even then, the graffiti in question would still exist if you were caught, so I'm not entirely sold on the "realistically you would be caught" argument.

As for the argument about the police stations being crime free zones: I agree to an extent, but again you haven't totally won me over there. If you cast your mind back to many moons ago (and even to other communities on older games, if you were to be so bold!) crime free zones were introduced in a deterrent to robberies happening in silly places, or bloodbath shootouts happening in malls or banks. While it's true that vandalism is a crime, I'm not convinced it falls within the "spirit" of the crime free zone, and I personally would be inclined to keep that IC, keeping in mind why such zones were brought in.

And to briefly tackle the unreachable areas argument; if somebody RPs bringing a ladder with them, they RP bringing a ladder with them. I don't personally have an issue with that.

Ultimately, this is one of those things that will annoy you on an OOC basis if you allow it to. Me? I'll take things as they come. I am not going to get my frillys in a twist over some spraypaint.

• Upvote 5