map.gta.world

On 3/27/2023 at 7:45 PM, D-Kay said:

Add ALL HOUSES & APPARTMENTS to the map as being on sale as HOUSES are never listed and most appartments missed out. It will help to reduce the constant running from door to door for a /buyproperty. 

+1000000 drive that housing market back to reality, housing shouldn't be this much of a struggle especially given your character has the funds, housing should be an IC issue instead of a way for people to become stupidly rich.

Pretty sure the reason it got removed was because people would literally camp out certain hot spot areas for houses to go on sale, then go to that property, buy it, hoard it for no reason at all and sell it for 3 million a few months later.

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, frost. said:

Pretty sure the reason it got removed was because people would literally camp out certain hot spot areas for houses to go on sale, then go to that property, buy it, hoard it for no reason at all and sell it for 3 million a few months later.

The reason from what I remember is because people would put bots up to camp houses that went up for sale and then buy them only to sell them for X amount of profit. No matter how dumb the move might seem, there's always a dumber person behind it that caused it. I'm fine with houses not being shown up on the map. I think people have forgotten how Chelsea from Vinewood would drive down to Davis and buy out all the properties only to essentially hold them hostage for a big sum. Then PM would get a bunch of report which would take weeks to handle.

• Upvote 4

I think one of the deciding factors was that someone made a discord bot which scrapes all the housing data and uploaded it into their personal discord, they could find a profitable house and just sold it immediately after, but this was a while ago. 

10 minutes ago, nateX said:

The reason from what I remember is because people would put bots up to camp houses that went up for sale and then buy them only to sell them for X amount of profit. No matter how dumb the move might seem, there's always a dumber person behind it that caused it. I'm fine with houses not being shown up on the map. I think people have forgotten how Chelsea from Vinewood would drive down to Davis and buy out all the properties only to essentially hold them hostage for a big sum. Then PM would get a bunch of report which would take weeks to handle.

Yeah, I remember something about that and something along the lines of Mirror Park. Especially because back then? There was no limit on selling a house, now you gotta wait a few weeks / months to sell a house for a certain price. Plus, back then you could sell the furniture and the house back to the server lol.

I really don't mind houses not being shown on the map.

4 minutes ago, nateX said:

i remember when 2 people happened to come across the same house in el burro i believe. one was a local with no house and the other traveled all the way from vespucci (already owned a house there with like 5 sport cars) just to buy that house for unknown reasons.

ofc, they got pretty upset with me when i favoritized the player without a house rping a local... the only argument was "i was first" but that didn't stick so i was threatened with staff report, nervous, cia, nsa, secret service, nasa, interpol, european council. point is, with so many roleplay quality cases running around it's a huge pain in the ass to deal with so many players and so many properties. real estate roleplay has always been subpar in my eyes.

i dont like the current system either as it punishes players who may truly be looking to settle down in an area with their faction or whatever. on the other hand, PM has always been helpful with properties. all you gotta do is ask nicely and research.

• Upvote 2