SAPR should change to SAHP. Here are some reasons why.

TommyX

17 minutes ago, Tzula said:

I don't necessarily believe that LSPD and LSSD traffic is the same thing. They have differing focuses and mentalities but they are police, meanwhile, SAPR are /Park Rangers/ bound by an agreement with SD in how they are allowed to police the county by law thats enforced IC by the sheriff and director of the parks. The issue is not necessarily they do it, but more so, they are doing things the name isn't fitting for

Highway Patrol OR add mechanics-- gameplay to the county.

Theres no "IC agreement" that they're bound by. The only "agreement" is a year+ old OOC LFM List of restrictions imposed on the faction that has long since been outdated, abandoned & ignored by both factions.

They're State Police Officers. They're sworn in by the STATE, not by the Sheriff. I don't know where you're getting your information from, but the Sheriff's Department has no say what-so-ever on what SAPR can or can't do in terms of general law enforcement, lol. The only thing SD takes instant control over instead of SAPR is murders, kidnappings, and other high profile crimes that require detectives, SWAT, etc.

California State Parks Peace Officers are also /Park Rangers/, but they're still STATE POLICE OFFICERS. A little bit of research goes a long way in cases like this.

Edited by PeopleKind
13 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

Theres no "IC agreement" that they're bound by. The only "agreement" is a year+ old OOC LFM List of restrictions imposed on the faction, that has long since been outdated, abandoned & ignored by both factions. They're State Police Officers. They're sworn in by the STATE, not by the Sheriff. I don't know where you're getting your information from, but the Sheriff's Department has no say what-so-ever on what SAPR can or can't do in terms of general law enforcement, lol. The only thing SD takes instant control over instead of SAPR is murders, kidnappings, and other high profile crimes that require detectives, SWAT, etc.

California State Parks Peace Officers are also /Park Rangers/, but they're still STATE POLICE OFFICERS. A little bit of research goes a long way in cases like this.

No one is saying that park rangers are not police officers. They are, as you said, sworn in law enforcement officers. But, it just doesn't make sense to ask SAPR to enforce the law state-wide when there's an agency solely created for that purpose. 

7 minutes ago, mhrhan said:

No one is saying that park rangers are not police officers. They are, as you said, sworn in law enforcement officers. But, it just doesn't make sense to ask SAPR to enforce the law state-wide when there's an agency solely created for that purpose. 

When you word it like that, I definitely agree, well said. However, I definitely think SAPR needs to not be limited even more than they already are. 

Edited by PeopleKind
1 minute ago, PeopleKind said:

When you word it like that, I definitely agree, well said.

SAPR probably has the best niche out of all, considering this was never tried before, but I honestly think wrong choices brought SAPR to a point where it is looked as a way of enforcing law in the abandoned parts of the map.  

Right now, as in its current state, SAHP outweights SAPR heavily. Yes, stuff like modifications will be hard to sort out as from what I've gathered, SAPR lacked modifications. But, I honestly think we can work SAHP out in this server with the cards we have right now. I'd rather see a stand-alone SAHP with great roleplayers coming from SAPR instead of a neglected, ignored SAPR that has been going the wrong way because of the limitations given to them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

1 hour ago, PeopleKind said:

Theres no "IC agreement" that they're bound by. The only "agreement" is a year+ old OOC LFM List of restrictions imposed on the faction that has long since been outdated, abandoned & ignored by both factions.

They're State Police Officers. They're sworn in by the STATE, not by the Sheriff. I don't know where you're getting your information from, but the Sheriff's Department has no say what-so-ever on what SAPR can or can't do in terms of general law enforcement, lol. The only thing SD takes instant control over instead of SAPR is murders, kidnappings, and other high profile crimes that require detectives, SWAT, etc.

There is a legal agreement because, for a day, I was about to give feedback on a revised iteration of it with one of the lawyers who wrote it. Furthermore, you are assuming I'm against SAPR but I'm actually for it by giving them responsibilities they deserve, otherwise? Give people (OR SAPR) mechanical things to do in the county and add more properties to existing apartments, this is the issue of RPing in the county, businesses need to be encouraged to be more active there.

Edited by Tzula
  • Upvote 1
On 3/23/2023 at 5:00 AM, Vash Baldeus said:

Okay, I take that back. Now I wonder why does SD need automatic corruption perms then, hm? Something that is given to them once they are out of probie stage and no one checks if they don't abuse it in non-ic ways? You think 100% of the department irl is corrupt? Not the case. This needs to change if I am honest, where people need good IC reasons and background story to give them those perms, yet, here, no need for it whatsoever. 

Biggest issue no one checks if this permission is not abused to the point where it breaks server-rules, and trust me, if there is a way to abuse something humans will abuse it.

My brother I am being very kind when I say you don't have the first clue what you are talking about. Your invective against the faction is clear and I'm sorry it hurts you that much. Not everyone is corrupt, the faction simply allows people to roleplay flawed characters rather than a protectron-9000 making arrests and cutting tickets. 

On 3/22/2023 at 8:58 PM, Bospy said:

state level investigative agency for organized and white collar crime, guys that make spreadsheets and rely on outside resources to do major ground operations and warrants.

This please. We don't need to reshuffle the same players into different organizations  that mostly do the same thing anyway, every few years.

On 3/23/2023 at 9:15 PM, Tzula said:

There is a legal agreement because, for a day, I was about to give feedback on a revised iteration of it with one of the lawyers who wrote it. Furthermore, you are assuming I'm against SAPR but I'm actually for it by giving them responsibilities they deserve, otherwise? Give people (OR SAPR) mechanical things to do in the county and add more properties to existing apartments, this is the issue of RPing in the county, businesses need to be encouraged to be more active there.

I'd love to see this "legal agreement" that means Sheriffs are more "Police" than Rangers are. Rangers are State Police Officers, both IRL and in game, so your wording makes it seem that you think that Rangers are not full police officers, when they are. SAPR, LSSD, and LSPD are all full police agencies, none are more "Police" than the rest. They're all equal in terms of law enforcement, just with different primary focuses.

If more people went & RPed in the parks, the Rangers would be in the parks more as well, it's not their fault that the county is a rather dead RP zone in every single RP server that includes a county. Both former SAMP servers had the same issue in regards to county activity, nearly all GTA 5 related RP servers also have the issue of a rather dead county RP wise.

Who cares if SAPR is pulling people over? Its part of their job as police officers.

Edited by PeopleKind
1 minute ago, PeopleKind said:

I'd love to see this "legal agreement" that means Sheriffs are more "Police" than Rangers are. Rangers are State Police Officers, both IRL and in game, so your wording makes it seem that you think that Rangers are not full police officers, when they are. SAPR, LSSD, and LSPD are all full police agencies, none are more "Police" than the rest. They're all equal in terms of law enforcement, just with different primary focuses. 

Who cares if SAPR is pulling people over? Its part of their job as police officers.

The agreement is literally just in place to define where and how they may lend hand to ma-1 pursuits and where they can patrol and stipulations within. I'm not sure why your acting like this when SD also has a legal agreement with PD because the Sheriff's are also contracted out to major cities for law enforcement when the local police department can't patrol out into the county proper due to a lack of training or manpower.

Anyway, point is, the law should change ic to further reflect the faction better and oocly, they should be given more stuff to do.