SAPR should change to SAHP. Here are some reasons why.

TommyX

I think where SAPR currently is great. I've always been someone that wanted SAHP, as a joke and as a realistic thing... But, honestly? SAPR is in a great spot right now. We keep a good presence in the County, work well with SD for County situations, and also do some hunting stuff as needed/when players decide they want to do that RP. I currently enjoy being in SAPR with what we are doing and how we are RPing in the County. I have plenty of County RP'ers say they enjoy our presence, and then the typical few that don't like to see us. It is what it is.

SAHP? Sure. SAPR? Sure. Either way, County presence is rising and it's a great feeling. 

• Upvote 6
  • Applaud 1
53 minutes ago, Don't@Me said:

Hot take.

Get rid of SAPR all together and recruit more LSSD deputies that focus on the county. They could provide backup to the city units so that we don’t get so many bored PRs pulling folks over for literally fuck all.

lol.

-

no one has suggested "removing sapr" get that misconception out.

this thread is merely suggesting that sapr be renamed sahp because quite frankly, they literally operate as sahp nowadays anyway. HAPA has been dead for what... over a year now? the literal thing that give them purpose doesn't exist. most of the time they're just running radar on the highways. like the change makes ZERO difference, other than giving the already "stale" faction more opportunities

i support SAHP as a separate entity but to give u an idea of some of the opportunities opened up with SAHP unavailable currently to SAPR:

-government protection duties/governors detail (dignitary protection services)

-capitol protection

-motorcycle patrol 

-commercial enforcement (truckers, deliveries, etc)

-hazardous devices (around gov buildings)

-enhanced focus on traffic enforcement and collision investigation, something sorely needed with the way people drive

-investigators (primarily for county crimes) which is the biggest one imo, presently it’s a hassle to hail PD DB or MCB/Homicide for SD especially late at night when you discover bodies or have crimes occur 

-not getting mixed up with deputies and SD (more of a mild IC issue)

-far more well known and historic agency, as popular as the LAPD id argue (CHIPS anyone?)

Edited by radreaper100
1 hour ago, Narco said:

Definitely agree with jobs being a priority for the area, higher paying jobs would definitely lead to an increase of activity as well. Also need to look into creating apartment complex mappings / houses in some of the desert areas / current construction site areas which a mapping could literally be slapped on over the ground and would allow so many more players to be able to live in the area. 

I noticed this was done near Paleto recently. A whole trailer park was added at Paleto Point Park (just north of Paleto). Worth a look!

How bout y'all just let SAPR be? IDK why everyone is so hellbent on shutting them down, ever since the faction first started, it ain't right and it ain't fair. They work their asses off on a daily basis, and yet they get harassed, talked down upon, and constantly have to deal with people trying to shut them down for literally no reason other than the classic superiority & elitism mindset of certain individuals in certain factions that has plagued every RP server that's been created.. It's ridiculous.

SAPR should be SAHP, of course, but they 100% should NOT be shut down, at all. As someone who was in SAPR for the majority of their time in GTAW, the county would be 100% dead if it wasnt for SAPR. Love it or hate it, thats a plain hard FACT.

Y'all can say LSSD is active & was active in the county all you want, but I'm sorry to break it to you, it wasn't. Hell, before SAPR, I'd go to the county and just drive around for hours & I'd see MAYBE one cop every half an hour, thats not "activity", hate to break it to you.

The anti SAPR mindset a lot of you have needs to stop, it's ridiculous and makes no damn sense. Full stop. 95% of the hate on SAPR is because they're actually doing their jobs & stopping crime & y'all are just salty you can't escape to the county to get away from the police because the county is dead anymore.

"Having a third LEO faction makes no sense" Give me a damn break.

Just let SAPR do their thing and stop hating, damn.

Edited by PeopleKind
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 2
58 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

How bout y'all just let SAPR be? IDK why everyone is so hellbent on shutting them down, ever since the faction first started, it ain't right and it ain't fair. They work their asses off on a daily basis, and yet they get harassed, talked down upon, and constantly have to deal with people trying to shut them down for literally no reason other than the classic superiority & elitism mindset of certain individuals in certain factions that has plagued every RP server that's been created.. It's ridiculous.

SAPR should be SAHP, of course, but they 100% should NOT be shut down, at all. As someone who was in SAPR for the majority of their time in GTAW, the county would be 100% dead if it wasnt for SAPR. Love it or hate it, thats a plain hard FACT.

Y'all can say LSSD is active & was active in the county all you want, but I'm sorry to break it to you, it wasn't. Hell, before SAPR, I'd go to the county and just drive around for hours & I'd see MAYBE one cop every half an hour, thats not "activity", hate to break it to you.

The anti SAPR mindset a lot of you have needs to stop, it's ridiculous and makes no damn sense. Full stop. 95% of the hate on SAPR is because they're actually doing their jobs & stopping crime & y'all are just salty you can't escape to the county to get away from the police because the county is dead anymore.

"Having a third LEO faction makes no sense" Give me a damn break.

Just let SAPR do their thing and stop hating, damn.

THIS. I have always loved my RP with the members of SAPR, much more than LSSD or LSPD. Just leave them alone, let them be. Stop trying to shut them down.

• Upvote 1

Best compromise, to suit both sides... SAPRHC... San Andreas Park Rangers & Highway Patrol.

It would make sense, in this situation, to blend it all into one. Increases jurisdictions without compromising their current roleplay.

Edited by DLimit
13 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Best compromise, to suit both sides... SAPRHC... San Andreas Park Rangers & Highway Patrol.

It would make sense, in this situation, to blend it all into one. Increases jurisdictions without compromising their current roleplay.

two diff organizations with two diff mission statements, identities, assets, n structures