[DISCUSSION] Player Report Template/Reformatting

Wuhtah

Big +1 on  what Jax said, lack of fear RP should be concluded in CK if they die. For some people, especially the PF warriors, loosing all of your grinded assets will be more of a punishment than sitting in ajail for or being banned for a couple of days.

Hopefully most of us will never be in a life of death situation in real life, but people do some freaky and weird stuff when thrown into a life or death situation. FIGHT or flight reflexes kick in, some people will run, some will fight others will completely freeze up and not do anything.

Tank Man - Wikipedia

If this was GTA World, that dude would be reported ^^

Edited by Late
2 hours ago, Late said:

Big +1 on  what Jax said, lack of fear RP should be concluded in CK if they die. For some people, especially the PF warriors, loosing all of your grinded assets will be more of a punishment than sitting in ajail for or being banned for a couple of days.

Hopefully most of us will never be in a life of death situation in real life, but people do some freaky and weird stuff when thrown into a life or death situation. FIGHT or flight reflexes kick in, some people will run, some will fight others will completely freeze up and not do anything.

Tank Man - Wikipedia

If this was GTA World, that dude would be reported ^^

CKs dont make you lose your assets, you can just namechange.

• Upvote 1

I pretty much agree with Junx, using the forms plugin is going to be so useful. I remember when we had it back in the days in SA:MP and it was perfect, you can set up characters limit, specific questions, and much more. Time for a little upgrade no?

Regarding the topic, I agree with the new format as it would make things much easier to read instead of a wall of text. However, I think the combination of the new format and forms plugin would be exactly what we need.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Junx said:

CKs dont make you lose your assets, you can just namechange.

There's a thing call character development, which I don't like losing. Maybe that should act as a deterrent to most players. Also, those who don't care about being CK'ed and repeat the same offences shouldn't be in the server in the first place.

• Upvote 5
1 hour ago, Rohan. said:

There's a thing call character development, which I don't like losing. Maybe that should act as a deterrent to most players. Also, those who don't care about being CK'ed and repeat the same offences shouldn't be in the server in the first place.

Unfortunately a lot of players don't care about character development, for these instances a character kill is just a minor setback.

I've seen plenty of people CK/namechange after getting caught for evading, they want to commit the crime without any of the consequences.

1 hour ago, Rohan. said:

Yup, but this should apply to PD/SD/FD as well, I've seen cops be completely obliterated to the point where they'd be dead before they arrive in hospital, yet they survive. If the injury is to the point where it's a severe HEAD trauma or being riddled with bullets it's a CK.

The input is far above my head and I would need to get Everett onto it. I definitely like the idea, so thank you Junx for the idea! I will bring that up to management for approval and then to Everett. However, the format will be a copy/paste until then. 

Just now, Vash Baldeus said:

Yup, but this should apply to PD/SD/FD as well, I've seen cops be completely obliterated to the point where they'd be dead before they arrive in hospital, yet they survive. If the injury is to the point where it's a severe HEAD trauma or being riddled with bullets it's a CK.

Enforcing CKs on player reports have been brought up in the staff meeting this weekend, I am sure we will be seeing some changes soon. However! That isn't part of this discussion, so let's remain on track of additions/removals/suggestions for the formatting here.

2 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

Enforcing CKs on player reports have been brought up in the staff meeting this weekend, I am sure we will be seeing some changes soon. However! That isn't part of this discussion, so let's remain on track of additions/removals/suggestions for the formatting here.

But having the auto-formatting will help with making it more readable for the admin, also limiting non-Moderators or above to 350 words is also an option to reduce VERY long replies.

• Wuhtah locked this topic