The absurd amount of hostility between LEOs and criminals

hamin

5 minutes ago, Barbary said:

At the risk of sounding 'holier-than-thou', this is a problem that I feel is more localized in LS proper than in the whole of the server. As someone who plays a Ranger, it is night and day the way things seem to go between a high risk call in the county or whenever my character is asked to roll into the city limits.

I don't want to try and turn this thread into another 'DAE DAVIS BAD' meme because that horse is beaten to death and it ain't helping anyone (Plus this isn't a Davis exclusive issue, not even close), but there's an extremely strange shift in mentality once you get out of the city limits. On the LEO side (SAPR and LSSD) there's a far more common and realistic trend of live and let live. You're way more likely to see an LEO character just chatting with a civvie or former felon. But that's my strict observation, there could be sampling bias.

Well. Recently I came into the county, weeks ago after rping with Chester Reddington (RIP). My overall attitude was aggressive as first response because the city itself was like that. Once I saw Chester reacting more quiet and cold minded. I went along with it and the natural evolvement of my character is more cold towards the county folks but the city itself is a concrete jungle where everyone wants to fuck you over. County folks seems more quiet rpers.

23 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

As a LEO IRL I can tell you it's the same thing in real life so I've no idea what are you expecting to happen here.

Can I ask what it is you're referring to? No offence, but I think that you're not fully aware of just how bad it is on the server. I might be wrong, and you might fully be right, but from what I've seen when talking about how it is irl (including talking to other people, who, just like you are LEOs) the never ending cycle of haterd on the server is ten times if not hundred times what it is in real life. Do you as a cop constantly get told to fuck off when you're driving around? Do you as a cop go out of your way to hammer out someone's life and make it so he'll live as a felon just because he annoyed you?

26 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

As a LEO IRL I can tell you it's the same thing in real life so I've no idea what are you expecting to happen here.

as a IRL criminal i disagree, usually cops and i battle it out in mud to see if I get the charges or not

• Upvote 6
  • Applaud 1
53 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

During my time in SD I've never went out of my way to fuck nobody over. That's how I've patrolled Davis every single day for over a month and haven't died once. See a car 4 deep with masks blowing an intersection? Probably don't escalate it. The amount of roleplay generated from that interaction vs. the amount of rp you can generate by interacting with somebody who actually wants to interact with you is incomparable. Stop policing the server, focus on quality roleplay instead. What's the point in pulling people over for petty shit then whining on the forums and typing up 20 forum reports a weeK? 

I'm always fascinated by the absence of self-preservation when people go on to pull over a masked four-deep car. Needless to say, I've never done that and never will, but the general rule of thumb is "Don't escalate it" and you'll be fine for the most part. Characters will probably be hostile initially, and that's expected. You are up in their business, but with some effort and decent interaction, you'll probably have some pretty neat roleplay overall.

• Upvote 5

for every gang rper frothing at the mouth screaming insults at LEO, there's one that will sit down and have a quiet, well mannered conversation with them before telling them to get off their block

for every LEO rper pulling over a gang rper because they ran a desynced red light, there's one that will pull over a car full of people armed to the teeth, masked up with the only complaint being that their insurance is out of date and they politly inform them of such before leaving.

It's both sides which are the issues, both LEO and criminal. Why? Because that's just how it is. One side has a bad interaction with the other, it becomes part of their character development, now they dislike the other side for whatever reasons, and bam. The cycle continues... There's no way to stop it. It's just down to who you RP with and who you RP. 

Edited by PuzzledQuantity

Just a fair warning, this thread is not a place where either side can faction bash. Just because some players have issues with each side, does not justify the obscure attitude displayed on this thread.

If there are further concerns about a faction, take it up the chain appropriately and air out your opinion respectfully.

If not, I will be issuing warnings & content moderations.

Cheers ears.

12 hours ago, frost. said:

why do cops get their reports taken a whole lot quicker compared to any other player on the server? just wondering

no idea where u got this metric. any admin in PD/SD can't take PD/SD reports for a minimum of a half hour if nobody else does. This means if u submit a report and I do, a PD admin will respond to u before me. 

The lack of civilians, citizens just going about their day in South Central is the reason why I personally don't enjoy patrolling in South Central. Even in real life there would be plenty everyday people, even in less than favorable socio-economic neighborhoods you'd come across people who have a regular life, without any gang or criminal background. But on GTA:W, not a single person I've come across in South Central bothered roleplay a civilian. They're either gang affiliated, trollish or be criminally orientated to the point where it feels like entering the "Cops vs. robbers" area of the server - And this creates a divide in the community. 

Edited by Arkster
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Barbary said:

At the risk of sounding 'holier-than-thou', this is a problem that I feel is more localized in LS proper than in the whole of the server. As someone who plays a Ranger, it is night and day the way things seem to go between a high risk call in the county or whenever my character is asked to roll into the city limits.

I don't want to try and turn this thread into another 'DAE DAVIS BAD' meme because that horse is beaten to death and it ain't helping anyone (Plus this isn't a Davis exclusive issue, not even close), but there's an extremely strange shift in mentality once you get out of the city limits. On the LEO side (SAPR and LSSD) there's a far more common and realistic trend of live and let live. You're way more likely to see an LEO character just chatting with a civvie or former felon. But that's my strict observation, there could be sampling bias.

I think this is very important to highlight. This is an area-specific issue. There's a reason why a certain type of player slowly edges towards roleplaying outside of the city, because it doesn't feel too far detached from reality out there.

• Upvote 1
  • Selena locked this topic