Faction Spawnpoint

bonk

7 hours ago, casper.xiii said:

if you want to talk about realism

count the seconds between the last aggression and deputies flying in

now understand that this was at a reception, not a tier where there's most likely a tower + riot response on standby

in any prison riot, law enforcement will have responded within seconds, it is actually advantageous for the criminals on the game as there are not many prison officers

but if u start a riot and believe that anybody will actually get away with it in any matter u are delusional

idk what interactions y'all have by driving on the road for a minute, considering the size of the map and density of the player base on said map, its not gonna change anything for LE rpers whether u have to drive to the station or not, it would just be a stupid inconvenience

post it from your main account

This already exists. Units rent at faction property or sub interiors that can be set rentable by members/admins. Others just rentroom with friends who have property across the street from stations. Same can be said for illegal factions. All this would do is make it “official” and less inconvenient to set up.

• Upvote 1
On 8/5/2022 at 8:04 AM, Fireworks said:

Silly suggestion, will benefit nobody apart from the robocop roleplayers that log in game to get into a few pursuits and a shooting before logging off to rinse and repeat the next day.

As a regular and persistent off duty LEO roleplayer, I heavily disagree with the suggestion as a whole. I'd love to see more people take a leaf out of my book and try to develop their character off duty too.

Why do people think this is only for LEO roleplayers? Jesus the entire server is not about you guys. We EMS roleplayers have a shitty time dealing with constant crashes due to the twenty+ police cars that need to be at every scene, and usually we end up in the middle of nowhere when logging back in as the roleplay has long gone after ragemp takes eighty years to load in. And since most of our units have to be double, triple staff to be put into service, it's a constant issue that can easily be fixed with a faction spawnpoint so we don't have to /fixveh, and /vget vehicles to awkwardly drive out of Davis with /no/ roleplay involved.

On 8/5/2022 at 10:36 AM, imi said:

Public question to think over: there's a riot in TTCF and there are only a few deputies in attendance. Would more deputies spawning in by using the TTCF spawnpoint be a good or bad thing in this situation? I can see good points for and against it, wondering what others are thinking.

Put the spawn point somewhere else than TTCF. And considering the frequency of riots in TTCF, and the fact any violence in a prison gets hundred of custody officers to break it up in a matter of seconds. There's not a big issue with this.

If you don't want to get whacked, don't riot.

• Upvote 2

Plotting LEO response times in context is a very big piece of planning illegal RP. Many heists, murders, robberies and other crimes are planned with exactly this in mind, particularly how staffed a specific station is.

Cops already have giant guns, fast cars and kevlar that they can simply go and reclaim when they get owned. Now you want to be able to fly through the ether with admin approval to eke out another unfair advantage? Stuff takes strategy, planning and effort on the part of an illegal RPer, this would be a spit in the face.

Drive your cars! You don't even pay for the fuel! The map is like 5 miles top to bottom!

Edited by pogoyo
  • Upvote 1
21 hours ago, pogoyo said:

Plotting LEO response times in context is a very big piece of planning illegal RP. Many heists, murders, robberies and other crimes are planned with exactly this in mind, particularly how staffed a specific station is.

Cops already have giant guns, fast cars and kevlar that they can simply go and reclaim when they get owned. Now you want to be able to fly through the ether with admin approval to eke out another unfair advantage? Stuff takes strategy, planning and effort on the part of an illegal RPer, this would be a spit in the face.

Drive your cars! You don't even pay for the fuel! The map is like 5 miles top to bottom!

You're thinking of it too critically.

This is the exact equivalent of roleplaying in a gang at the Rancho Projects and either owning/renting a unit there and spawning at where your faction roleplays, no matter if you logged off in Davis, by Carson Avenue, or by MacDonald.

I've been one of the biggest advocates for making LEO roleplay fair to illegal roleplayers, considering I've been and am on both sides of the coin I legit see zero cons to it, apart from what you have said, which is very critical of a non-issue. I'm not here talking out my ass and making this suggestion so I can spawn at the sheriff's station to catch more criminals, I'm simply doing it because the drive is monotonous as fuck. All it does is literally save a minute of somebody's game time so they do not have to waste it driving through an already dead city filled with interior roleplayers. Quite literally what a QoL suggestion is.

3 hours ago, bonk said:

You're thinking of it too critically.

This is the exact equivalent of roleplaying in a gang at the Rancho Projects and either owning/renting a unit there and spawning at where your faction roleplays, no matter if you logged off in Davis, by Carson Avenue, or by MacDonald.

I've been one of the biggest advocates for making LEO roleplay fair to illegal roleplayers, considering I've been and am on both sides of the coin I legit see zero cons to it, apart from what you have said, which is very critical of a non-issue. I'm not here talking out my ass and making this suggestion so I can spawn at the sheriff's station to catch more criminals, I'm simply doing it because the drive is monotonous as fuck. All it does is literally save a minute of somebody's game time so they do not have to waste it driving through an already dead city filled with interior roleplayers. Quite literally what a QoL suggestion is.

I understand the purpose of your suggestion and on its face I don't think that adding to QoL is an issue. The reason I'm considering it critically is because after it is implemented, people will inevitably use it for strategic advantage, even if this is unintended. Police and illegal organizations are going to consider this far more critically than I did in my two minutes of writing that post. That's just how video games work, and how systems designed to better people's gameplay experiences can actually turn out to be exploited by a clever player.

Surely, this would be against the rules to exploit, but it would take an immense degree of admin oversight to defend against that. I can very easily see a scenario where some high-tension situation arises, perhaps a lot of cops are dead or there is inadequate capacity for timely response, and multiple people /changechar and use their spawn point to fly right over. This is a matter of when, not if, and in my experience it is just the nature of large groups of players who do not have sufficient oversight.

I'm sure if caught, these people might be punished and made an example of, but it would take a very clever illegal RPer to detect this and then go through a lengthy forum report to have light cast upon it. This is essentially what illegal RPers already have to go through when abuse occurs, and I see many avenues for this to be abused. I think that likelihood of abuse and the difficulty in enforcing fairness outweigh the QoL benefit of driving the two minutes and thirty seconds from Mirror Park to the station.

And to your point in the middle, the potential for artificially contrived, full response times by the dominant legal group who already have built-in advantages (which are usually proper and realistic, even if they tip the scales in-game) is not a non-issue. I don't doubt your motivations, nor do I think you're talking out of your ass. But this possibility occurred to me immediately, and if it occurs to a dimwit like me, it will certainly occur to many, many others in time.

In fact, if there isn't sufficient oversight, I think the advantage is so distinct that it could become an unspoken meta for police response. That monotonous two minutes you're talking about for driving to the station upon login is a very, very, very important window of opportunity for illegal RPers in an active scenario, especially if police are flying from one station to another.

Edited by pogoyo
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, pogoyo said:

I understand the purpose of your suggestion and on its face I don't think that adding to QoL is an issue. The reason I'm considering it critically is because after it is implemented, people will inevitably use it for strategic advantage, even if this is unintended. Police and illegal organizations are going to consider this far more critically than I did in my two minutes of writing that post. That's just how video games work, and how systems designed to better people's gameplay experiences can actually turn out to be exploited by a clever player.

Surely, this would be against the rules to exploit, but it would take an immense degree of admin oversight to defend against that. I can very easily see a scenario where some high-tension situation arises, perhaps a lot of cops are dead or there is inadequate capacity for timely response, and multiple people /changechar and use their spawn point to fly right over. This is a matter of when, not if, and in my experience it is just the nature of large groups of players who do not have sufficient oversight.

I'm sure if caught, these people might be punished and made an example of, but it would take a very clever illegal RPer to detect this and then go through a lengthy forum report to have light cast upon it. This is essentially what illegal RPers already have to go through when abuse occurs, and I see many avenues for this to be abused. I think that likelihood of abuse and the difficulty in enforcing fairness outweigh the QoL benefit of driving the two minutes and thirty seconds from Mirror Park to the station.

And to your point in the middle, the potential for artificially contrived, full response times by the dominant legal group who already have built-in advantages (which are usually proper and realistic, even if they tip the scales in-game) is not a non-issue. I don't doubt your motivations, nor do I think you're talking out of your ass. But this possibility occurred to me immediately, and if it occurs to a dimwit like me, it will certainly occur to many, many others in time.

In fact, if there isn't sufficient oversight, I think the advantage is so distinct that it could become an unspoken meta for police response. That monotonous two minutes you're talking about for driving to the station upon login is a very, very, very important window of opportunity for illegal RPers in an active scenario, especially if police are flying from one station to another.

I understand that abuse is a potential factor for this suggestion, as I've said, I've been at the forefront of posting non-play-to-win suggestions, even being criticized by my own faction members/LSPD faction members for some of my suggestions, I've put that sides thought into it and still am very adamant that if abuse were to occur, it would be dealt with.

On 8/1/2022 at 5:01 PM, bonk said:

You can't moan about the potential for abuse when this server lets you teleport your personal vehicle to you like it's the horse call system from RDR2, you can revive yourself at your own convenience, and you can teleport to the entrance of an interior.

Me and you both know this server is more monitored than the People's Republic of China, people may abuse it, but those abusers won't get far. You can search the wrong name on the MDC as a LEO and have LFM knocking on your theoretical door like they're collecting rent.

Abuse is a poor rebuttal.

I've had friends probed by LFM for searching the wrong name on the MDC. Every single step you take on this server is monitored on Discord via logs.

I don't wanna pull that card, but it takes a lot of writing and effort for somebody to join most legal factions. SD is an arduous process with a difficult final exam that you need to study for. I doubt the majority of people would knowingly abuse teleporting around the map since all that progress would instantly go to waste and more than likely in SD's case those people will not be welcome back into the faction for at least 6-12 months. Anyway, iirc, is impossible to /changechar and choose your location multiple times in a certain duration anyway.

LEO/legal factions are monitored to hell when it comes to abuse, as they should. I can assure you that will not be a problem. There will be always be a few bad apples, but that doesn't mean everyone should be penalized as a result.