Faction Spawnpoint

bonk

Silly suggestion, will benefit nobody apart from the robocop roleplayers that log in game to get into a few pursuits and a shooting before logging off to rinse and repeat the next day.

As a regular and persistent off duty LEO roleplayer, I heavily disagree with the suggestion as a whole. I'd love to see more people take a leaf out of my book and try to develop their character off duty too.

Edited by Fireworks
  • Upvote 5
  • Applaud 2

I strongly disagree with this even after the discussion, there is without a doubt this is going to get abused. 

If people truly just want to roleplay their police character, they can log-off at the respective station and RP staying or working overnight. 

As for crashing and logging, well that's something admins can resolve for the isolated cases that occur. 

9 minutes ago, Fireworks said:

robocop roleplayers that log in game to get into a few pursuits and a shooting before logging off to rinse and repeat the next day.

Whilst I agree with this, I understand that this suggestion is posed for crashing, however this should not be used to reduce time commuting. It's a roleplay server not a cops vs robbers server. 

• Upvote 2

I doubt if this is going to benefit the server when it comes to the passive roleplay side of the stuff. People involved in the legal factions such as PD can be barely spotted out of their headquarters or off-duty already since they're simply considered 'faction characters' and that's it. If you're unhappy with the 10 minutes you put into driving up to your station and not already shooting anybody or spending it in a pursuit, maybe you misunderstood the whole point of this server. There's a simple solution for what you're trying to fix here: 

6 minutes ago, Peak. said:

If people truly just want to roleplay their police character, they can log-off at the respective station and RP staying or working overnight. 

As for crashing and logging, well that's something admins can resolve for the isolated cases that occur. 

Even if some people seeing this suggestion sort of valid, I'm heavily against this being implemented in illegal factions. 

• Upvote 5

You guys don't have 3 minutes to drive from your home to a station? It literally takes like 6 minutes to get from Paleto Bay to LS. Most players own/rent properties inside LS regardless. If you are soooo busy that you can't spare 2-3 minutes of your day to commute and potentially run into some interesting RP then idk what to even say. It's like me saying that TTCF is boring for me so admins please cancel my sentence and release me immediately or I will cry myself to death. See how little sense does that make? Just treat it like an IC issue and move closer to the station so you don't have to commute 3 minutes but a SINGLE minute instead LOL. The double standards on this server are crazy. The fact that some staff members actually consider implementing this suggestion just shows where this server is headed to. Rename this server to "team deathmatch" already and let's forget that this was supposed to be a heavy roleplay server. Even if this senseless suggestion gets implemented, why should only legal factions have this option? 

• Upvote 5
  • Applaud 1

Public question to think over: there's a riot in TTCF and there are only a few deputies in attendance. Would more deputies spawning in by using the TTCF spawnpoint be a good or bad thing in this situation? I can see good points for and against it, wondering what others are thinking.

Edited by imi
6 minutes ago, imi said:

Public question to think over: there's a riot in TTCF and there are only a few deputies in attendance. Would more deputies spawning in by using the TTCF spawnpoint be a good or bad thing in this situation? I can see good points for and against it, wondering what others are thinking.

I'd say bad idea since they are logging in and teleporting to TTCF to actively participate in an already on-going event. Imagine if you went to rob a house/drive-by someone and suddenly all of their friends spawned there.

47 minutes ago, imi said:

43 minutes ago, Vassilios said:

I'd say bad idea since they are logging in and teleporting to TTCF to actively participate in an already on-going event. Imagine if you went to rob a house/drive-by someone and suddenly all of their friends spawned there.

Yeah, literally break so many rules including PG (esper for teleporting) and MG (knowing the incident from gods whisper) XD this shouldn't even be a consideration.

• Upvote 1
54 minutes ago, imi said:

Whilst I get this may be beneficial to LSSD in responding to such events, I can't imagine the inmates would be too pleased when Deputy Doe teleports from Paleto Bay over to TTCF in a heart beat. 

• Upvote 3
11 hours ago, imi said:

if you want to talk about realism

count the seconds between the last aggression and deputies flying in

now understand that this was at a reception, not a tier where there's most likely a tower + riot response on standby

in any prison riot, law enforcement will have responded within seconds, it is actually advantageous for the criminals on the game as there are not many prison officers

but if u start a riot and believe that anybody will actually get away with it in any matter u are delusional

idk what interactions y'all have by driving on the road for a minute, considering the size of the map and density of the player base on said map, its not gonna change anything for LE rpers whether u have to drive to the station or not, it would just be a stupid inconvenience

• Upvote 1