Faction Spawnpoint

bonk

1 minute ago, Tree said:

I'm more concerned about the ability to teleport across the map with very little difficulty. Ironically the original post says to not talk about this point, but that is the point. Paleto is far from the city - it should take time. If you don't want to commute all the way there then live close to Paleto. 

In my opinion the abuse that could come about from this addition outweighs the limited advantages.

What potential for abuse is there that isn't the same as owning a house in Paleto? You could teleport across the map that way.

Not everybody has the money, the availability or the want to buy a house on the server.

It would be nice to have faction spawn points. Implementation can be as simple as having Faction Management set which faction properties can be set as a spawn point (since factions tend to have tons of property-within-a-property like offices).

Granted it would be more realistic to just "drive" from your house to the office or station, it cannot be denied that a large percentage of players with employed characters (not just faction members, but pretty much the general public [businesses, etc.], whether legal or illegal) would just head back to their office/station/base/turf when they need to log off, and when they log back in later on, they simply select  "Last Known Position" to spawn in that same location (provided they do not spawn in front of Mission Row Police Station) and go on duty.

The "you are meant to drive to work" argument is somehow equivalent to debating whether there should be a rule against using the "Last Known Position" spawn point to return to their faction/business/turf location, or if we were to go further, having it removed which would then result in administrators getting bombarded with reports asking to be teleported back to that location "because they were there" and having to investigate whether they were, in fact, there.

But we all know that option is needed for convenience on both players and administrators.

Edited by Giga
5 minutes ago, r0yal said:

What potential for abuse is there that isn't the same as owning a house in Paleto? You could teleport across the map that way.

Not everybody has the money, the availability or the want to buy a house on the server.

If you crash, wherever, and then decide not to log back on for the night you would assume your character went back home. Your character would then spawn at their home and you continue from there. 

If someone has property in Paleto and the city and they abuse this, then yes that is a problem and we shouldn't allow this abuse to become more accessible because people will abuse it.

I agree with you that not everyone will want to buy/rent, but I don't feel like this is the solution for that. Edit: However, I cannot think of an alternative.

Edited by Tree

I don’t get this weird fallacy that this will not be realistic or whatever. The only counter argument is that “you should commute to work” and not teleport across the map. So if I own a house in Paleto, crash in Davis. It’s not okay for me to spawn at the station but it’s okay for me to spawn at my house in Paleto?

Can someone please enlighten me on how this is even slightly abuseable???

Edited by Declan
  • Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, Tree said:

I'm more concerned about the ability to teleport across the map with very little difficulty. Ironically the original post says to not talk about this point, but that is the point. Paleto is far from the city - it should take time. If you don't want to commute all the way there then live close to Paleto. 

In my opinion the abuse that could come about from this addition outweighs the limited advantages.

ECXtlPa.png

Just now, FourmsThreadWatcher said:

Business owners have the option to spawn at their business, same with every other property. Having that is not an issue lol it's literally the same as owning/renting a property.

won't harm anybody

Literally one of the main driving arguments for this.

Either have faction spawnpoints or remove spawnpoints period, because it makes no sense to teleport around the map right?

It only serves people who have the time to actually find properties where they want and who are rich with dispensable income who can buy properties.

2 hours ago, bonk said:

It offers quite literally zero roleplay.

I disagree with this. We're playing a game based on Grand Theft Auto. Getting your character around from A to B by car is actually a pretty relevant activity. It generates traffic, which keeps the city from appearing empty. You need a car for that, which offers roleplay for mechanics, players who operate tow truck services, people who sell the car to you, people who buy the car from you when you no longer need it, perhaps public transport if the car is temporarily unavailable. It means your car might get stolen depending on where your character parks it, which provides roleplay for plenty of people. Driving it may take your character to a gas station, or they may come across a scene in traffic or something else that happens organically on the side of the road. There's plenty of roleplay that is derived from driving from A to B.

Not saying that we shouldn't have a faction spawn point, but there are downsides to being generous with teleports/fast travel options.