Faction Spawnpoint

bonk

Faction script seems not to like properties -

idk how it's structured for other factions, but for LSNN we had to transfer ownership of the HQ's to Carry so we could use /reloadprop (which as any mapper will know is kinda crucial for renovations).

Same as spawning however, it demands separate keys via /givepropkey to be enabled even for faction members (whereas for the property inventories we can set access based by rank).

This should definitely be a thing.

6 hours ago, Bauer said:

It's a good QoL change. My only concern is that people just won't buy houses then and then you have a bunch of government employees without any houses, which makes zero sense. Faction Leadership should make sure their members maintain a good roleplay standard, one way is to make sure the assets are realistic.

The counterpoint to this is that you have nothing better to spend money on as a legal char and have every incentive to buy a house for the sake of convenience. Storage. Rp hub. Etc.

The argument that you should rent a place nearby for roleplay is moot. How does that increase roleplay at all? Do you think people are going to log in and cook breakfast before they head out? No. People who have logged in to go on duty want to go on duty and they'll just end up heading straight from their property to the station anyway; this just cuts down inconvenience and monotonous tasks that aren't fun.

I support.

Edited by r0yal
8 hours ago, shotgun_sam said:

No.

This is a heavy roleplay server and promotes robocops and characters who only log in to go on duty and never actually have a substancial character outside of being a cop. It is not difficult to get a motel or rent an apartment in Paleto to drive there. It's a five minute drive, stop complaining and roleplay.

As a LEO player I agree with this comment.

I already see a lot of people (I've done it in the past) just run into there faction station /pduty and run outside into a cruiser. As this guy says we're a heavy roleplay server. You should have to commute back and forth to station. 

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, shotgun_sam said:

No.

This is a heavy roleplay server and promotes robocops and characters who only log in to go on duty and never actually have a substancial character outside of being a cop. It is not difficult to get a motel or rent an apartment in Paleto to drive there. It's a five minute drive, stop complaining and roleplay.

Yep.

"It's monotonous!" that's what commute tends to be like for the most part. I dislike the notion of characters ceasing to exist the moment they're not on duty. I can't support this suggestion tbh.

Edited by Valkyria
  • Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

Yep.

"It's monotonous!" that's what commute tends to be like for the most part. I dislike the notion of characters ceasing to exist the moment they're not on duty. I can't support this suggestion tbh.

The majority of people just drive back to their station to quit anyway, this doesn't exactly change much other than it accounting for situations such as your game crashing in the middle of nowhere, deciding you don't want to spend 20 minutes getting back in game at 1am and then having to somehow struggle your way back to the station the next day with no vehicle. I don't see how that boosts roleplay.

People who want to roleplay commuting still can.

11 minutes ago, r0yal said:

The majority of people just drive back to their station to quit anyway, this doesn't exactly change much other than it accounting for situations such as your game crashing in the middle of nowhere, deciding you don't want to spend 20 minutes getting back in game at 1am and then having to somehow struggle your way back to the station the next day with no vehicle. I don't see how that boosts roleplay.

/fixveh exists for this reason. 

30 minutes ago, r0yal said:

They are robocops, then. This is concerning when majority of said community are promoting this behavior.

Edited by varthshenon