OOC nicknames, profiles and pictures should be free of controversial topics

OOC nicknames, profiles and pictures should be free of controversial topics  

192 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Xaleya said:

BLM, WhiteAndProud, Nazi Stuff, w/e should be kept IC (Faction post are included in this) while OOC this kind of things shouldn't be brought up. Is simple as that.

And that’s exactly what was happening. We disagree on the forum names point but putting that aside, all that dude was doing was posting and liking posts on his factions thread.

One of the self designated RP server hall monitors saw his name, got mad and then created a narrative that “oh his names X and posting Y threads, must be Nazi!”.

At least admit outside of the dudes name (which again, is a difference of opinion) the dude was doing absolutely nothing wrong.

Edited by Trupiano
1 minute ago, Piepstem said:

I don't agree with this. BLM is not the same as white supremacy, white power and white and proud which have very alt-right and extreme nationalistic implications. While when it comes to BLM it has always been about racial equality and informing the masses about injustice and racism towards black people which is still very apparent in many western societis (and outside). Sorry but bad take.

You misunderstand my point. I agree with the position in your post. My argument is that there are more than enough people who do not. And they will argue their point that BLM is racist until the end. So again, for the sake of appeasing those who are offended by the 'racist' BLM movement, we should be banning any and every reference to BLM as well.

1 minute ago, Rubbish said:

Dude you literally have a profile banner with Stalin, who's known to be a mass murderer of his own people. What are you on about you hypocrite lol.

oP2KZLh.png

I'm not going to debate you about history and your western-centric view. Keep it on-topic, this is about racial matters and the fact that people are using their role-play factions as a way to flaunt as closet racists. Your whatabouttism has no place here.

• Upvote 2
Just now, Piepstem said:

I'm not going to debate you about history and your western-centric view. Keep it on-topic, this is about racial matters and the fact that people are using their role-play factions as a way to flaunt as closet racists. Your whatabouttism has no place here.

No it isn't, the thread name is literally called.

"OOC nicknames, profiles and pictures should be free of controversial topics"

Just now, Eastside.Shady said:

You are aware that woods, skins n everything in between rp is not constantly dropping the hard r n putting up swastikas everywhere while listening to hitlers speeches on repeat right? The comparison makes no sense. People RP hispanic street gangs that hate black people but nobody accuses them of being racist even though they use the hard r daily in game. People RP black gangs that hate mexicans. People just RP racists. You can't equate a racist character with a fucking pedophile bro.

Most people who roleplay one ethnic group still hating the other while their characters are running around with the (M) tag are just usually people still portraying Cali gang politics from the 80s-90s when most of those people's characters would be going to very mixed race schools but I digress. 

I am VERY aware of what good skinhead/Wood roleplay will look like. You already missed the point. I'm talking about the people who take it to extremes where their entire character's identity is just based in being racist. We literally have people running around with swastikas painted on their characters foreheads and just being obscenely racist to some unrealistic degrees. 

There's a big different between a character having racist ideologies that are portrayed well and people using their characters to basically be the equivalent of the Jim Crowe South in LS in the year 2022. 

unknown.png

Like come on bro, who is really out here shouting "Day of the rope will come soon" in the year 2022, OPENLY? 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Rubbish said:

No it isn't, the thread name is literally called.

"OOC nicknames, profiles and pictures should be free of controversial topics"

It is obvious you haven't read the topic. 

2 minutes ago, Taina said:

You misunderstand my point. I agree with the position in your post. My argument is that there are more than enough people who do not. And they will argue their point that BLM is racist until the end. So again, for the sake of appeasing those who are offended by the 'racist' BLM movement, we should be banning any and every reference to BLM as well.

Fair, this isn't a political forum so if a vote like this was ever to be passed then anything political should be removed, or else there will be a lot of gray-zones in regards to moderating which won't make this any easier for the Staff Members.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic