OOC nicknames, profiles and pictures should be free of controversial topics

OOC nicknames, profiles and pictures should be free of controversial topics  

192 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Piepstem said:

It's not a racist symbol per se, 4chan made memes about moon man with a robot voice under it rapping on Biggie Smalls' hypnotize. He speaks about killing racial minorities and frequently makes use of antisemitism. Considering this guy's history and the implications... it's fair to say he is referring to /that/ moon man.

Thanks. I didn't know this. 🙏

• Upvote 1
Just now, Taina said:

I'm sorry, what? lol  I'm not sure what you're doubting. But if you're doutbing I'm a person of color then LOL.

Also, it appears I'm a fan of everyone that's posted in this thread from about page 7? Since I've read all those posts too, you know... because, like... that's how forums work?  Yikes.

It's his world and we're just in for a ridex apparently.

• Applaud 1
55 minutes ago, Taina said:

Agreed. So let's also forum ban any players whose usernames make reference to being brown and proud, or black lives matter. Let's keep things consistent for the sake of not upsetting anyone. 

I don't agree with this. BLM is not the same as white supremacy, white power and white and proud which have very alt-right and extreme nationalistic implications. While when it comes to BLM it has always been about racial equality and informing the masses about injustice and racism towards black people which is still very apparent in many western societis (and outside). Sorry but bad take.

Edited by Piepstem
1 minute ago, Piepstem said:

I think the issue comes forth from the fact that people who tend to role-play in white supremacy, skinheads w/e characters port a lot of that behavior to an out-of-character basis. I have been in Discord servers where the Schutzstaffel runes were used as roles or where people use racist names / profile pictures. 

You'll find that this applies to anything, it's simply easier to do in white supremacy factions because it attracts morons that can't separate the game from reality. 60% of people doing mexican gang rp think they're mexican gang bangers and the same applies to black street gangs. People doing LCNs think they're made men IRL and some retards will think they're Smasher from Santa Maria in his red laces. It's a matter of the individual, and anyone with any authority or prominence in the white supremacy rp scene knows to shut down the bullshit quick.

8 minutes ago, Piepstem said:

I think the issue comes forth from the fact that people who tend to role-play in white supremacy, skinheads w/e factions port a lot of that behavior to an out-of-character basis. I have been in Discord servers where the Schutzstaffel runes were used as roles or where people use racist names / profile pictures. 

But that's just the thing. I agree that blatant OOC racism shouldn't be tolerated. However, whether or not the username 'White and Proud' is racist is highly debatable. That's what makes it ostensibly offensive imo. And if we're going to start banning ostensibly offensive things (and not just blatantly racist things, like the examples Wuhtah provided) then we're essentially opening up a can of worms.

Edited by Taina
Just now, Piepstem said:

I don't agree with this. BLM is not the same as white supremacy, white power and proud and white which have very alt-right and extreme nationalistic implications. While when it comes to BLM it has always been about racial equality and informing the masses about injustice and racism towards black people which is still very apparent in many western societis (and outside). Sorry but bad take.

Dude you literally have a profile banner with Stalin, who's known to be a mass murderer of his own people. What are you on about you hypocrite lol.

oP2KZLh.png

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Speaking as a brown fella I care more about actual OOC racism then profile pics and names.

I'll admit that the Skinhead gangs do make me get on edge. Seeing that much Nazi iconography usually comes off as a million red flags. But I wouldn't go as far as to say I want Skinhead gangs banned, they're a very real aspect of the SoCal crime world.

We just need to make sure actual, OOC racists aren't given the time of day. If your RP bleeds too much into your OOC for really anything it's not healthy, but when you're dealing with race supremacists that goes double. This standard would also go for groups like the Black Israelites or the NoI.

TLDR: Skinhead RP fine, actual skinheads bad. Just need to differentiate between the two.

• Upvote 1

join an illegal faction and you'll understand it ain't that deep, having a cat pfp doesn't make me a cat just like having an alt called MethSmoker88 doesn't make me a drug addict, or having a pic of Santa Monica Pier doesn't make me from Los Angeles

• Wuhtah locked this topic