Punishments should reflect the rules broken and damage inflicted on players.

6 hours ago, oliviarav3n said:

Would you say that you learned from the experience? If you got feedback from the admin during your in game jail time, learned from that feedback, and haven't offended again, I would argue that the time was worth it.

Honestly I didn't learn much from it, I got feedback for about 2-3 minutes then I got ghosted by the admin and spent the rest of my ajail as AFK. Out of 10 I'd give ajail a 2/10, it only works if the player makes a one-off incident, repeat offenders use it as a chill space.

Would be fun to find out the reoffending rate of people who recieved ajails are compared to straight bans.

25 minutes ago, Coburn said:

Honestly I didn't learn much from it, I got feedback for about 2-3 minutes then I got ghosted by the admin and spent the rest of my ajail as AFK. Out of 10 I'd give ajail a 2/10, it only works if the player makes a one-off incident, repeat offenders use it as a chill space.

Would be fun to find out the reoffending rate of people who recieved ajails are compared to straight bans.

To answer this one bluntly, unfortunately most admins just don't have the time or will power to spend extra time with players they punish when those players should already know the rules the admin is enforcing and have probably already taken up 20-30 minutes of their time on scene prior to conclusion. Not saying you did of course, it's just what happened a lot based on my own experience as an admin and what I know from talking with other admins still happens. That said, most admins will happily engage with players who reach out to them post ajail in a civil and constructive manner (myself included when I was one) and will usually be willing to go into a little more depth if it's not just constant arguing about the verdict which sadly, most of the time post ajail PMs are.

Please do not post screenshots of ajails you disagree with and go 'Do we want people like this on the server? No right? Ban them!' 

This is not what this thread is for, and frankly, if you disagree with a staff member's actions - feel free to take it up with them personally and then staff management if nothing good comes from it.

Saying what is bolded above will not be tolerated here as it is seriously unneeded. You all have rights to your opinions, that's perfectly fine - but there is a time and place and that added nothing to this suggestion thread. 

Edited by Wuhtah
26 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

imo people shouldn't be banned for wrongdoings that were a result of a genuine mistake. malicious acts sure but punishing people who were genuinely mistaken with harsh sanctions is just stupid. 

If they genuinely made a mistake and do not show remorse or understanding what mistake they done, nope, do not think so, because if a person does not see the wrong in his actions (especially if it's against the server rules) he or she will commit said actions again.

This whole thread is about clear cut malicious acts and appropriate punishments, rather than genuine mistakes. Those are usually very easy to spot. Noone wants those to be punished harshly for. As Wuhtah said, this thread wasn't intended as a place for people to rant about decisions they disagree with (oh boy there's a lot I disagree with) but rather how to deal with the issues that have been highlighted.

Edited by Moonsong
4 hours ago, Moonsong said:

This whole thread is about clear cut malicious acts and appropriate punishments, rather than genuine mistakes. Those are usually very easy to spot. Noone wants those to be punished harshly for. As Wuhtah said, this thread wasn't intended as a place for people to rant about decisions they disagree with (oh boy there's a lot I disagree with) but rather how to deal with the issues that have been highlighted.

I fully agree, people who do something with clear evident malicious intent should not get 15 minutes ajail.

A little late to the party here but one particular thing that grinds my gears quite often is the lack of enforcement on the crime-free zone rules. 

As a member of FD, our stations and the lifeguard towers are all designated crime-free zones. Yet, we've had robberies, cars broken into and stolen, stabbings, shootings, and many more incidents. We report them, only for admins to almost universally respond with "oh, I've let them know, they didn't realise". If they didn't realise a government building is a crime free zone then they didn't read the rules, did they? I even had one incident where, as I was going on duty at a fire station, a guy runs up and stabs me with a single RP line, completely out of the blue - yet I was the one warned in the situation by an admin for using a CCW to defend against him and not letting him 'complete his RP'. Now, this was some time ago, and that admin has since left the staff team (as far as I'm aware), but that's just one example of what happens. We've had lifeguards being shot while on duty at their station. 

I don't think I've ever once seen the crime-free zone rules enforced when we've reported a breach of it.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 3
6 minutes ago, Fraggloid said:

A little late to the party here but one particular thing that grinds my gears quite often is the lack of enforcement on the crime-free zone rules. 

As a member of FD, our stations and the lifeguard towers are all designated crime-free zones. Yet, we've had robberies, cars broken into and stolen, stabbings, shootings, and many more incidents. We report them, only for admins to almost universally respond with "oh, I've let them know, they didn't realise". If they didn't realise a government building is a crime free zone then they didn't read the rules, did they? I even had one incident where, as I was going on duty at a fire station, a guy runs up and stabs me with a single RP line, completely out of the blue - yet I was the one warned in the situation by an admin for using a CCW to defend against him and not letting him 'complete his RP'. Now, this was some time ago, and that admin has since left the staff team (as far as I'm aware), but that's just one example of what happens. We've had lifeguards being shot while on duty at their station. 

I don't think I've ever once seen the crime-free zone rules enforced when we've reported a breach of it.

+1

15 minutes ago, Fraggloid said:

That's the problem, the way admins enforce the rules. Reading the rules is part of the TOS of playing on this server, if you did not read them, you shouldn't be here.