Add a way to create custom items without the need for a specific store to be open.

Vassilios

• Developer

The thing with it being admin controlled is that it gives ANOTHER extra task to admins.. they are already swamped.

Perhaps Testers can be given permission to handle these requests..? 

@Wally

I mean I like the idea because some stores are just never or once a week open. And some stores just dont exist.

We need to give stores more reasons to open up, not fewer reasons. If this really has to go this way, then make it another type of store. With mail boxes being worked on, let players open up an Amazon-type of store where people can order online and have things physically delivered to their mail boxes.

Edited by mj2002
  • Upvote 1
  • Developer
27 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

We need to give stores more reasons to open up, not fewer reasons. If this really has to go this way, then make it another type of store. With mail boxes being worked on, let players open up an Amazon-type of store where people can order online and have things physically delivered to their mail boxes.

Yes that is true. But even then, we dont have a store for everything. And There are shops out there that offer online shopping but you still are required to come by when they open to pick it up. 

I will look into the mailman status.

^^ Beat me to it. Yeah we made a scheme.

You're a student at ULSA, but you want to make small potted plants with faces on the little pots?

You wanna do cross-stitch as a lil' ol' lady and sell them on FB?

All possible. You don't need a store front, you can do this stuff from anywhere. Hell do a lil' knitting club, show me the RP and I'll create the items.

• Applaud 1
4 hours ago, mj2002 said:

I don't trust a player to run an Amazon based store, not gonna happen. Far too much possibility for abuse and opens up a "jack of all trades" deal. The item scheme will allow you some lee-way, as will admin discretion if you want a one-time item like a radio you rp'd buying online. /charity a reasonable market price and ask.

Edited by Lomadias
  • Applaud 2

The above two put it perfectly. I don't want admins to spawn in items for players that a business could do. If you want a teddy bear or chocolates, let the community know and maybe someone will put forth that idea. Or maybe... Someone is in the process of doing it right now.

• Applaud 1

There has been stores like gift shops, florists etc in the past but the community rarely back them with roleplay or being a customer so they die down.

Start supporting the businesses when they open up and there wouldn't need to be admin involvement other than from the store owner to get the store.

Edited by Jura
  • Upvote 2