Add a way to create custom items without the need for a specific store to be open.

Vassilios

Detailed Description

As the title says, add a way to create custom items without the need for a specific store to be open. Sometimes you want to buy a specific t-shirt, teddy bears, flowers, chocolates, bracelets, and the list goes on. However there is no shops that offer those most of the times. You can say that you can just roleplay having these items which is true but it's also not the same experience. On the same hand, pawn shops have become completely boring and they basically act like an illegal thief's haven instead of a place to purchase weird/funny things. What could be implemented is a command to create an item with a specific reason and admins can either approve or decline your request, kind of like /reports but much easier to be dealt with. I'm sure people that agree with this suggestion might have a different implementation.

Relevant Commands/Items

Can be decided in the future but basically it'd just need one command and a way to track those items.

How will it benefit the server?

Pawn shops will be less barren. People will have more things to roleplay with. You won't need to pray that a super specific shop opens up or that an admin will bless you.

• Upvote 6

I have to say no for this. These specific shops struggle to begin with. Taking away what makes them unique might close few shops in the city, cause they won't be necessary anymore. Yes one shop sells candles for example. Maybe not everything, but there should be a line, on what people could create and what should be gated.

• Upvote 1
58 minutes ago, St3fan[NL] said:

How will this be regulated or controlled against abuse?

7 hours ago, Vassilios said:

What could be implemented is a command to create an item with a specific reason and admins can either approve or decline your request.

Just now, Junx said:

Looking forward to the 5 hour wait for a box of chocolates to be approved.

I don't know any stores that sell box of chocolates, much less seen them online. I'd rather wait five hours for it.

Also if admins just could say yes or no, I'm sure they'd be more inclined to respond quickly as it's a 20 second process.

Just now, Junx said:

Looking forward to the 5 hour wait for a box of chocolates to be approved.

didn't say it was reasonable nor practical, just showcased the suggested way to control it.

the reason these shops never open is because they're not profitable, and most of the time, only 2-3 people will come in per opening. allowing this would effectively turn that to 0. 

Just now, Vassilios said:

I don't know any stores that sell box of chocolates, much less seen them online. I'd rather wait five hours for it.

Also if admins just could say yes or no, I'm sure they'd be more inclined to respond quickly as it's a 20 second process.

Fixing a car is also a 20 second process yet sometimes I'm waiting 5 hours for that.