As a regular citizen, how much should I fear Character Kills?

Nyami

On 5/29/2022 at 5:16 PM, El Bandito said:

Also if you run when someone has a gun to your head and you get shot after......that's a CK my dude.

Idk maybe people shouldn't always escalate a failed robbery to murder. I'd say if I'm in my car and someone runs up with a gun to my window it's proper fear rp to slam it on reverse.

12 minutes ago, Brofessor said:

This is something I’ve been arguing from the day Bospy made that ruling. Even got temp banned on the forums for it lol. Civilians are a literal punching bag. It’s not going to change either without a huge shift in policy and I just don’t see it happening. It’s going to eventually lead to the decline of the server, in my opinion. The server won’t really die, but it’s going to be nothing but cops, robbers and DM mentality down the road. Our business scene suffers SO much and it’s not surprising at all to see why it is the way it is now. 

Strange how some admins say we gotta RP a population, but others dont. When LFM tried to introduce helicopter restrictions, they stated it was because IRL we have a large population, but on the server we don't therefor we have to adjust to it. Then some admins say there's a NPC population. It's very strange.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, HappyGecko said:

Idk maybe people shouldn't always escalate a failed robbery to murder. I'd say if I'm in my car and someone runs up with a gun to my window it's proper fear rp to slam it on reverse.

It’s because civilians are the only ones expected to fear RP. They don’t care about shooting like it’s the Wild West because “they are hardened criminals”. I actually won a forum report after being reported for backing up and running in a truck after they tried to stop me in the middle of the highway. 

1 minute ago, Zach.. said:

Strange how some admins say we gotta RP a population, but others dont. When LFM tried to introduce helicopter restrictions, they stated it was because IRL we have a large population, but on the server we don't therefor we have to adjust to it. Then some admins say there's a NPC population. It's very strange.

Yep that’s why I keep asking over and over for an official clarification on the issue because the inconsistency creates a lot of problems for everyone. I’ve reached out to IFM privately and they said they were working on it but it’s been radio silence on the issue ever since. It was right after honey took over, so it’s been a while. 

1 minute ago, Zach.. said:

Strange how some admins say we gotta RP a population, but others dont. When LFM tried to introduce helicopter restrictions, they stated it was because IRL we have a large population, but on the server we don't therefor we have to adjust to it. Then some admins say there's a NPC population. It's very strange.

There's so much wrong with the LFM's helicopter restrictions, don't get me started.

in most cases, as a civilian RPer you can get a lot of criminal RPers OOCly punished for even PKing you. death is supposed to be the final resort, PK or CK. no one can just get up and kill you that easily and get away with it... that will break the escalation rules of the server and you can rightfully report them for it. your report will be accepted and they'll get punished for DMing, a month or two after you post it most likely.

however— a lot of people forget that whatever you RP has consequences... you wanna be a hero while getting robbed and you get killed in the process? well, that's on you. you don't feel like paying 10k tax a month for extortion to the local criminal organization in your neighborhood? first of all, give it a thought— why don't you wanna pay said tax? Is it for IC reasons or OOC reasons? because in often cases, from my POV, people are bit too egoistic here. they can't take an L in a RP video game. 

I'm not saying you should get down on your knees and bow before every criminal that presses you... just RP it smart, involve the police in discreet ways if you have to, but always remember that your actions have consequences— you get some criminal locked up? they might revenge with PK. you get somebody killed, even if it's indirectly? and said somebody accepts CK even if it was meant to be PK originally? welp. 4 masked guys with 200 hp each in a black car are about to get you. ready your CK appeal but it will go nowhere cuz ur actions brought u there.

Edited by Tammm
9 minutes ago, Tammm said:

why don't you wanna pay said tax? Is it for IC reasons or OOC reasons? because in often cases, from my POV, people are bit too egoistic here. they can't take an L in a RP video game. 

I'm not saying you should get down on your knees and bow before every criminal that presses you... just RP it smart, involve the police in discreet ways if you have to, but always remember that your actions have consequences— you get some criminal locked up? they might revenge with PK.

What happens if the player reports it? the character goes to prison and gets out in a week. the player who reports it? probably gets cked. there's no fair war.

9 minutes ago, cruelhoney said:

What happens if the player reports it? the character goes to prison and gets out in a week. the player who reports it? probably gets cked. there's no fair war.

CK applications take at least a month to get an answer on and they require a lot of evidence/reasoning. you can't just sit for a week in jail, come out, and CK the snitch that's not linked to your daily RP whatsoever--- unless they are in a faction and u got CK right on them. CKing people through IFM application is a painfully long process 

Edited by Tammm
33 minutes ago, Tammm said:

however— a lot of people forget that whatever you RP has consequences... you wanna be a hero while getting robbed and you get killed in the process? well, that's on you. you don't feel like paying 10k tax a month for extortion to the local criminal organization in your neighborhood? first of all, give it a thought— why don't you wanna pay said tax? Is it for IC reasons or OOC reasons? because in often cases, from my POV, people are bit too egoistic here. they can't take an L in a RP video game. 

This. People are way too egoistic, as soon as money gets mentioned the majority's pupils turn into $ signs and RP comes in at a second place. If you're a to-be business owner you probably know what kind of area/neighborhood your shop is going to be in, so you can take the possibility of getting extorted in account. At least if you do proper IC research beforehand before jumping to a UCP request straight away that is. And in regards to the original topic, I've been mainly playing a civilian character for nearly 2 years now and never even been PK'ed before let alone CK'ed, actions have consequences so play the game smart.

Edited by Uniquee
  • Wuhtah locked this topic