Equipable gloves system & Item and corpse DNA.

Mistery14

1 hour ago, Paenymion said:

Supported, but even though a dev replied I can't get too excited about the idea because I don't feel it would ever happen due to objections about LEO balance.  IF a dev is actually interested in doing this for real or even something similar but a bit simpler, PD forensics would love it ofc and we'd discuss some ideas with you on what's feasible etc.

Mainly just some script support to avoid having to ask admins all the time about "are there prints on this or that".  They then have to sift through logs to find out names and if gloves were worn etc.  It's understandable they don't like doing that, so very few ever reply.  So yes, script support in ANY form for fingerprints would be very welcome.  If it's done right it would even be balanced because you could have moments that prints are not found when via the "admin route" they always would be.

It's completely understandable, I'm also always open to adding things onto the original thread if people want to suggest their own ideas, if people feel like the base idea needs to be balanced more I'm all ears.

But yeah, what you said is kind of my aim as well by suggesting this, while it's very appreciated that administrators are willing to make their hands dirty by actually sitting through logs and investigating and contribute to people's RP and making it all possible in the first place, but on top of what you said, I feel like the whole process would be facilitated if it relied on a script, leaves room for admins to focus on other things, and actually brings some semblance of continuation to the RP by keeping it entirely IC with a script.

The outcome is no longer going to be depending on a person, regardless of their intentions for said outcome of whether or not prints are usable or not. It'll be a matter of IC actions from each players and their approach, letting things happen organically with as little OOC intervention as possible is what I think is preferable if you want to keep people immersed. Those who are caught due to their prints won't need to feel like there was any OOC bias against them and can instead look at how they've been caught and correct themselves in the future.

Edited by Mistery14
  • Upvote 1

I'd love to see this feature implemented and I did throw about the idea back when I was a developer but the main concerns were balancing (not making it too overpowered) and how complex such a system would be to implement since it'd at first glance need to touch a lot of existing scripts.

4 hours ago, Seanny said:

I'd love to see this feature implemented and I did throw about the idea back when I was a developer but the main concerns were balancing (not making it too overpowered) and how complex such a system would be to implement since it'd at first glance need to touch a lot of existing scripts.

I'm actually glad it was thought of, I think it'd be a great implementation that would improve some aspects of RP that offers different outcomes and possibilities.

I'd have to agree that on paper it's quite a simple idea but in practice it might prove to be difficult, however I'd say it can be something that could be worked on progressively, maybe by implementing a bare-bones version of the script on the test server or something whilst it's in the works to see if people like the idea, and if it turns out to be well received by a majority, then it could maybe become an actual feature.

But of course that's just me speculating.

15 hours ago, Seanny said:

You should become a dev again *nod nod*

On 5/17/2022 at 2:59 PM, Paenymion said:

You should become a dev again *nod nod*

The idea that a dev / ex-dev are liking this brings me some hope xd

I just thought about the new container additions, and I should've thought about that one, but yeah I think they count as items as well so I don't think it'd bring much issues if they're scripted items.

• 1 month later...

Players now got the ability to do a breakin without taking any actual items. This is great for illegal players! I know CCTV eventually will get added, but fingerprints could also be very helpful for LEO's and create immersion. Lets say you don't wear gloves, then you're most likely gonna leave prints across the place. It would be cool to see a fingerprint script. It leaves all that OOC bullshit out of it 2 with someone pm'ing you. We're supposed to keep everything IC, I believe we're slowly getting there with these updates. I heard somewhere there was a fingerprint script, but I am unsure and I don't know the details of it.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Nervous said:

The only issue I had and still have with gloves & fingerprint is that it'll lead to just everyone wearing gloves

Exactly and then all the effort of making the system will have been wasted.