The problem of money being both IC And OOC

Lurleen

19 minutes ago, Timzii said:

Nobody joins a LEO faction to make money man.

What if you try reading?

They talking about how unrealistic for a cop to get 42.000 a week when the average in USA is around 50k.
Also how the economy is so fucked and thats why the salaries are fucked

Edited by Xaleya
25 minutes ago, Xaleya said:

They talking about how unrealistic for a cop to get 42.000 a week when the average in USA is around 50k

It's not even that, LAPD officers all make 6 figures. The issue is that it would take me 2 years to be able to afford a house and in 2 years houses might be 5M $ instead.

They need to have their sale price capped.

22 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

It's not even that, LAPD officers all make 6 figures. The issue is that it would take me 2 years to be able to afford a house and in 2 years houses might be 5M $ instead.

Average annual income for a police officer, in the U.S., is around $65,000. Houses in L.A. are already costing a million or more... doesn't seem all that bad when you take into consideration that you're making $40,000 or so per week.

Illegal RPers aren't making $40,000 a week, unless they're the top-tier tax man.

Edited by DLimit
16 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Average annual income for a police officer, in the U.S., is around $65,000

Okay but that has nothing to do with Los Angeles or what I'm saying.

16 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Illegal RPers aren't making $40,000 a week

Doubt? A bartender makes more in a night than I make in a week with 20  hours played time.

But this is all still besides the point, namely that it would take me 2 years to afford a house at CURRENT PRICES. And that's fucking insane.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
15 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Okay but that has nothing to do with Los Angeles or what I'm saying.

Doubt? A bartender makes more in a night than I make in a week with 20  hours played time.

But this is all still besides the point, namely that it would take me 2 years to afford a house at CURRENT PRICES. And that's fucking insane.

Bartenders aren't illegal RPers, most of the time. Big difference between a full-time bartender (mostly legal) and some random illegal character running a bar two-times a week.

Houses are supposed to be scarce and expensive. Why does EVERYONE want a house? Most people live in apartments and condominiums within these major cities, now.

EDIT: Homes are ranging from $600,000-$2,000,000 in the real world, especially in massive cities like L.A.... it's easier to own a house, within the city, here, than in real-life L.A.

Edited by DLimit
14 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Why does EVERYONE want a house?

You are, again, besides the point. Having to play -2 years- on a character to afford a house is absolutely crazy. You can almost get a degree in 2 years. You can achieve anything in ANY GAME in 2 years. GTAW is a roleplay server, having to slowly grind money for YEARS to afford a house is simply madness.

There are Korean MMOs less grindy than that.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
  • Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Houses are supposed to be scarce and expensive. Why does EVERYONE want a house? Most people live in apartments and condominiums within these major cities, now.

EDIT: Homes are ranging from $600,000-$2,000,000 in the real world, especially in massive cities like L.A.... it's easier to own a house, within the city, here, than in real-life L.A.

Because everyone in USA has a house, one way or another. Apartments within the city center are more expensive

Edited by Xaleya
13 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

You are, again, besides the point. Having to play -2 years- on a character to afford a house is absolutely crazy. You can almost get a degree in 2 years. You can achieve anything in ANY GAME in 2 years. GTAW is a roleplay server, having to slowly grind money for YEARS to afford a house is simply madness.

There are Korean MMOs less grindy than that.

It's not 2-years, though... you can own your own apartment, and then sell it after six months and be able to afford a house AFTER roleplaying during those six months.

8 minutes ago, Xaleya said:

Because everyone in USA has a house, one way or another. Apartments within the city center are more expensive

Not as common in major cities, anymore, like Los Angeles, and San Andreas is only a fraction the size of Los Angeles. The ratio of people residing in apartments are greater than those in homes, now. 

You can't even turn a corner without seeing condos being built in cities.

----

People complain too much on the forums...

1 hour ago, pateuvasiliu said:

That isn't how supply and demand work. Price controls don't work and just destroys the supply of houses. Why would someone put their house for sale if they don't feel like they can get the price they want. They will just hoard the house. So yes prices might be capped to a price you can afford but no one is ever going to sell their house for that price. Like if people paid attention one of the biggest things to improve the availability of houses was removing the price cap if the person owned the house for X-months. If it weren't for that even less houses would be on the market.