The problem of money being both IC And OOC

Lurleen

9 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Think you're right, but then that means that you'd have to be active 3x longer to pay 150wp for a blip marker for the month by purchasing the "Gold" package, which is easily possible. I remember making 80WP from 3-5 days of RPing. Mind you, it would mean that people would have to be active, rather than just opening a business for 2 hours every 2 weeks.

PP price 6wp per 100 PP
80 WP in 5 days, 80/5=16WP per day, (16/6)*100=266,7 PP per day needed, (266,7 - 10)/5 = 51 hours a day. not to mention, PP is capped at 50+10 per day no?

150 WP in 30 days, if you play 5 days a week and also for 10 hours every time to get the maximum reward.
This is 20 days per month and total of 200 hours.
20*60 = 1200 PP in a month
1200 / 100*6 = 76 WP

33 minutes ago, bricksbricksbricks said:

Everything that

isnt that just bussiness marker on the ucp map which noone use??

it's baffling bad how things that is good for the server is locked behind pay, 
blips, walking styles etc
make best server = more players = more cash = hire modders = have updates actually that work and are awesome = more players= more money????

IC moey have little worth ic, the blip could be paid icly like some ad fee

Simple scheme. Staff and modders (usually) work without pay on an rp server. They have lives outside of the game, lives that need money as fuel.

Then server upkeep costs money too. If you didn't get something in return for your donation, would you donate? Many people would not.

22 minutes ago, bricksbricksbricks said:

PP price 6wp per 100 PP
80 WP in 5 days, 80/5=16WP per day, (16/6)*100=266,7 PP per day needed, (266,7 - 10)/5 = 51 hours a day. not to mention, PP is capped at 50+10 per day no?

150 WP in 30 days, if you play 5 days a week and also for 10 hours every time to get the maximum reward.
This is 20 days per month and total of 200 hours.
20*60 = 1200 PP in a month
1200 / 100*6 = 76 WP

That's taking "recommended price" into consideration, when you can raise the price, as-well. Looks like people can have free business blips every other month, then.

At one point, it was 65PP per 100WP. All depends on the state of the market.

On average, highest it's been is 10-13WP, which is nearly or is double to 6WP per 100PP, allowing the most active players to be able to afford a free blip, every month, if they sell at the right price, since 76WP multiplied by 2 is 152... all depends on the market, really

All in all? Extremely active members can afford a blip once every 1-2 months, for free: 

4aKFmIE.png

Edited by DLimit
16 minutes ago, bricksbricksbricks said:

13wp list price is 10wp sell price,1200pp/100 *10= 120wp , still no gold and blip. just sayin: what you actually are saying: "just be active play 10 hours a day 5 days a week guys its easy"

That's 3.5 hours a day (7 days a week) to have Gold every other month. Now, if you are a business owner and you have a manager, then you'll both be able to afford to open the business, every single month. You can even split it between three active business members and you'd only have to R.P. for 1.16 hours a day (7 days a week).

I'm just saying... there's ways around it... the active business staff members can always pool in their Panda Points at the beginning or end of every month and then sell it for 12wp-13wp. It'll eventually be bought/sold within that month. Could always save up your PP, overtime, and then be able to afford it for every single month, as-well.

Edited by DLimit
12 hours ago, Devastante said:

I cant not express enough how much this rings true and speaks to my personal experiences on the server of being a business owner. AMEN The main reason I stopped running my business was because I got tired of "donating" 24$ a month when the server just continues to have issues. I know its a donation but it's hard to continue to support something that is so obviously broken. Also just a side tangent about money in game, It literally means nothing. No one is that impressed by your digital currency, and being someone who has "fuck you" money on their character I can tell you it's not that great and my best times on the server have never revolved around money, buying things, or owning material things on the server. It's come from good quality role-play experiences. 

Have to give it to my father because he taught me something important early in life:

"If you ever need to understand why something is the way it is, Just follow the money and 9 times out of 10 you will have your answer."

Do I have the solution? No. But it's like you guys don't even fucking try, you just continue to rehash the same bullshit over and over while tacking on rules and rules and rules. The problem is the community and peoples attitudes towards one another, not the rules. Something this server has bit itself in the butt for, As opposed to fostering a closer tight knit community and having role players work things out between them selves you've fostered a "tattle tale" "run to the admin" mentality because apparently were all too stupid too figure these things out ourselves. You did this to yourselves. And i've literally been saying this now for 2 years. I've been here since 2018 since before we were on RAGE. I've been banned, unbanned, and ajailed and I'm not perfect but damn, it's hard to watch this ship sail lopsided like it is now. It's a love hate relationship for me. 

Get rid of the red tape bullshit and paywalls. 

This, I know my previous post has been written in a way that makes it difficult to read but I'm glad someone was patient enough to acknowledge what I've said. This server keeps biting itself in the ass, we should all stop using Discord and go back to roleplaying how it should've been. We would go back to forums complaining about issues that actually hinder our player experience, instead of running to admins with the tiniest offences and random bullshit. 

This server actually has so much potential, especially now with new devs, and yet nobody besides the few of us openly talks about how blips being gatekept behind paywalls are the dumbest shit that keeps cutting this server's balls off as soon as they grow back.

We must, as a community, openly criticize this whenever we can, because this is the only way we'll get acknowledged. I know why people don't bring this up - it's because they always get the same answer, that the limit of blips is 100 or that the server has to be paid for. Regarding that, I will unironically pay monthly to play here now.

Why? Because of people like valelele and the rest of the dev team. Good guys who came here in the clutch and started fixing this pathetic mess consisting of many bugs and outdated scripts. The least I can do is give them and papa Nervous my token of gratitude and keep this project going forwards with a donation. Other people will follow, because I know for a fact we are generous and willing to support servers that show that they care.

The reason why most businesses we see now are the same shit over and over and over again is because current business owners - not to offend anyone - are to some degree fucking braindead. There are people paying monthly to keep a business running and they succeed only because people who are not willing to do that have a tremendously hard time keeping their own businesses running.

This is why those businesses we see are TRASH, they don't care about player experience, they care about grinding fictional money and maybe spending it on renovations once in a while. This is killing the server, on god. Legal roleplayers ain't got SHIT to do if there is nowhere to roleplay around. And ain't nobody gonna awkwardly stand in the streets, roleplaying something random because we are not in the ghetto. 

Like I said earlier, WE NEED COMPETITION AND MORE BUSINESSES NOW MORE THAN EVER. We NEED this to populate this empty ass map, we NEED this to create roleplay hubs, hell... we NEED this to create roleplay even without the fucking hubs. PLEASE for the love of lord almighty, Management, devs, everyone in this community, wake the fuck up.

To remain somewhat on the topic - no, money being IC and OOC is not that big of an issue. The issue currently is that giving the server OOC money makes it easier to get IC money. This hinders player experience for masses who do not want to be bartenders, cops, managers and advertisers.

31 minutes ago, hentai! said:

This, I know my previous post has been written in a way that makes it difficult to read but I'm glad someone was patient enough to acknowledge what I've said. This server keeps biting itself in the ass, we should all stop using Discord and go back to roleplaying how it should've been. We would go back to forums complaining about issues that actually hinder our player experience, instead of running to admins with the tiniest offences and random bullshit. 

This server actually has so much potential, especially now with new devs, and yet nobody besides the few of us openly talks about how blips being gatekept behind paywalls are the dumbest shit that keeps cutting this server's balls off as soon as they grow back.

We must, as a community, openly criticize this whenever we can, because this is the only way we'll get acknowledged. I know why people don't bring this up - it's because they always get the same answer, that the limit of blips is 100 or that the server has to be paid for. Regarding that, I will unironically pay monthly to play here now.

Why? Because of people like valelele and the rest of the dev team. Good guys who came here in the clutch and started fixing this pathetic mess consisting of many bugs and outdated scripts. The least I can do is give them and papa Nervous my token of gratitude and keep this project going forwards with a donation. Other people will follow, because I know for a fact we are generous and willing to support servers that show that they care.

The reason why most businesses we see now are the same shit over and over and over again is because current business owners - not to offend anyone - are to some degree fucking braindead. There are people paying monthly to keep a business running and they succeed only because people who are not willing to do that have a tremendously hard time keeping their own businesses running.

This is why those businesses we see are TRASH, they don't care about player experience, they care about grinding fictional money and maybe spending it on renovations once in a while. This is killing the server, on god. Legal roleplayers ain't got SHIT to do if there is nowhere to roleplay around. And ain't nobody gonna awkwardly stand in the streets, roleplaying something random because we are not in the ghetto. 

Like I said earlier, WE NEED COMPETITION AND MORE BUSINESSES NOW MORE THAN EVER. We NEED this to populate this empty ass map, we NEED this to create roleplay hubs, hell... we NEED this to create roleplay even without the fucking hubs. PLEASE for the love of lord almighty, Management, devs, everyone in this community, wake the fuck up.

To remain somewhat on the topic - no, money being IC and OOC is not that big of an issue. The issue currently is that giving the server OOC money makes it easier to get IC money. This hinders player experience for masses who do not want to be bartenders, cops, managers and advertisers.

Sad truth is, no one tends to care until it's too late.

#MakeBlipsFree

Nobody checks ads every 5 minutes, if you don't have a blip your business may as well be doomed.

Also, if the only reason people buy donator packages is for the blips then either make blips standalone packages OR a better solution would be to find another system that would make people want to donate without stunting business and IC growth. Blips are basically P2W.

• Upvote 9
  • Applaud 1
2 hours ago, Vassilios said:

#MakeBlipsFree

Nobody checks ads every 5 minutes, if you don't have a blip your business may as well be doomed.

Also, if the only reason people buy donator packages is for the blips then either make blips standalone packages OR a better solution would be to find another system that would make people want to donate without stunting business and IC growth. Blips are basically P2W.

Couldn't agree any more. Businesses without blips just get looked over and nobody really is able to find them at the end of the day. 

On 5/25/2022 at 2:05 PM, mj2002 said:

If you set artificial price caps, those houses aren't going to be traded at all any more

They will be if you start taxing people who own multiple houses properly. But right now there's nothing stopping someone from owning 10 and flipping more properties for profit, or giving them out for rent at ridiculous prices. Since there's no huge tax for doing it, they can afford to wait.

On 5/25/2022 at 2:05 PM, mj2002 said:

Punishing new players is not the way forward, but you need to understand that new characters are a huge part of the problem for as long as the starter money is $200.000. They introduce immense amounts of money into the economy.

For every new player there's someone with 1 million getting banned or quitting or being CKed. It's not as big an issue as you think it is, and it's unfixable because new players SHOULD get their 200k so they can buy a car and a house and not RP being homeless.

My solution is realistic. PM -CAN- limit the amount properties sell for. They already do for apartments, but not for houses ( for reasons ). If you take the money from new players you make their experience shit.